MyMagic+ and MNSSHP tickets

twinfo3728

Original Poster
If this is a repeat post, I did not see it :)
Does anyone know If there is a way to link my MNSSHP tickets to my reservation using MyDisneyExperience? I have purchased the tickets and printed them out to take with us but would love it if I could link them to our resort reservations. Thanks in advance!

Animaniac93-98

If this is a repeat post, I did not see it :)
Does anyone know If there is a way to link my MNSSHP tickets to my reservation using MyDisneyExperience? I have purchased the tickets and printed them out to take with us but would love it if I could link them to our resort reservations. Thanks in advance!

I figured this out recently. Here's the steps:

1. Go to "Link a ticket"
2. Select "older ticket or pass"
3. Select "yes, there is an ID number"
4. Type in the number under the barcode at the top of the E-ticket print out page

That should work.

twinfo3728

Original Poster
I figured this out recently. Here's the steps:

1. Go to "Link a ticket"
2. Select "older ticket or pass"
3. Select "yes, there is an ID number"
4. Type in the number under the barcode at the top of the E-ticket print out page

That should work.
I did see the link and was not sure before. So after you told me I put the tickets in and assigned them. However when I look at ticket or reservations only my son's tickets are showing on my iPad. I do seem to have things come and go so I assume it is because they are still working and modifying it or it is my iPad. Have you had anything like that happen? Thank you!

Animaniac93-98

I did see the link and was not sure before. So after you told me I put the tickets in and assigned them. However when I look at ticket or reservations only my son's tickets are showing on my iPad. I do seem to have things come and go so I assume it is because they are still working and modifying it or it is my iPad. Have you had anything like that happen? Thank you!

I only had to do a ticket for myself, so I have not had any of those types of problems with reservations.

tookydo

I printed my MNNSHP tickets out as well. I linked them by scanning the bar code with my phone. I will still take the paper copies with us just in case. Incidentally, I have 7 day hopper tickets and had previously booked 7 days worth of fastpass+'s, the max I was allowed. When I linked the party tickets, I was able to add another day of fastpasses. Since I can get into MK on party night at 4:00, I booked 3 fastpasses between 4:00 and 7:00 so it was worth linking them.

danv3

How would this work if you have a physical (card) AP? I have a RFID-enabled AP from April that I'll be using the rest of my trip in October, but I also have paper MNSSHP tickets. Since I don't want a Magic Band, maybe I should not link the paper tickets to my MDE account? But then, how will I enter the park with paper tickets since all the turnstiles are RFID now? The paper tickets specifically say to go to the turnstiles, not to go to will call.

merry68

Why is it necessary to link your MB with your party tix? So you don't have to carry the party tix around?

Just curious.

tookydo

[quote"merry68, post: 5691163, member: 86539"]Why is it necessary to link your MB with your party tix? So you don't have to carry the party tix around?

Just curious.[/quote]
I did it to be able to reserve another 3 fastpasses. We will get to MK at 4:00 with 3 fastpasses between 4:00 and 7:00.

CaptainShortty

How would this work if you have a physical (card) AP? I have a RFID-enabled AP from April that I'll be using the rest of my trip in October, but I also have paper MNSSHP tickets. Since I don't want a Magic Band, maybe I should not link the paper tickets to my MDE account? But then, how will I enter the park with paper tickets since all the turnstiles are RFID now? The paper tickets specifically say to go to the turnstiles, not to go to will call.

If you are not planning on using a MagicBand, then do not link your ticket to your MDX account. When you approach the turnstiles, let the CMs know that you have a paper ticket and more than likely they will take out a nifty little Ipod machine that has a case on it that can scan the barcode and you will be all set. CMs have paper tickets as well for the halloween party and we have not been told to bring those to the Vacation Planning windows to get them changed so I would imagine that it is the same for regular guests.

Hope that helps!

merry68

[quote"merry68, post: 5691163, member: 86539"]Why is it necessary to link your MB with your party tix? So you don't have to carry the party tix around?

Just curious.
I did it to be able to reserve another 3 fastpasses. We will get to MK at 4:00 with 3 fastpasses between 4:00 and 7:00.[/quote]

Thanks.

ddrongowski

Just curious.
I did it to be able to reserve another 3 fastpasses. We will get to MK at 4:00 with 3 fastpasses between 4:00 and 7:00.[/quote]
Good to know this... We will be going to AK that morning and I have linked my tickets and now have 3 FP+'s for AK and 3 FP's for MK. All in the same day!!!!:D I am not a supporter of FP+ because of the smartphone/wifi part, but am very willing to get time slots, and then just have those times on a piece of paper to remind me of what and where at what time. Funny thing is we will probably not even use the FP+'s.

Last edited:

danv3

If you are not planning on using a MagicBand, then do not link your ticket to your MDX account. When you approach the turnstiles, let the CMs know that you have a paper ticket and more than likely they will take out a nifty little Ipod machine that has a case on it that can scan the barcode and you will be all set. CMs have paper tickets as well for the halloween party and we have not been told to bring those to the Vacation Planning windows to get them changed so I would imagine that it is the same for regular guests.

Hope that helps!

Thanks. That's what I'll plan on.

merry68

Ok, that's what I'll do. But first I'm going to set up a new home theater system, as that'll be easier and less time consuming. I think WDW has jumped the shark...

I spent an hour last nite trying to go thru the cumbersome Disney website and trying to book FP+ for our mid Oct trip.

I was almost ready to cancel the whole dang WDW trip and go down the street to Uni. At least I know what I am getting there,,, stay on property, get the Express Pass, and just get up early, hit the parks and let our EPs get scanned.

So yes, you are much better off setting up something useful for your home! I was stupid and wasted an hour last nite sitting in front of a computer screen and came away with 3FP+ for 1 day.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I printed my MNNSHP tickets out as well. I linked them by scanning the bar code with my phone. I will still take the paper copies with us just in case. Incidentally, I have 7 day hopper tickets and had previously booked 7 days worth of fastpass+'s, the max I was allowed. When I linked the party tickets, I was able to add another day of fastpasses. Since I can get into MK on party night at 4:00, I booked 3 fastpasses between 4:00 and 7:00 so it was worth linking them.

I don't understand how this works. Are you saying you didn't have park tickets for that day? So when you linked the MNSHHP for that day you got the extra FPs? Or are you saying you had park tickets for that day but when you linked the MNSHHP tickets you were able to book six tickets for the day and 'double dip'?

ddrongowski

I don't understand how this works. Are you saying you didn't have park tickets for that day? So when you linked the MNSHHP for that day you got the extra FPs? Or are you saying you had park tickets for that day but when you linked the MNSHHP tickets you were able to book six tickets for the day and 'double dip'?
THIS!

tookydo

That's correct, I do not have park tickets that day. I have 7 day tickets and will be using all of those on other days; I reserved three fastpasses on each of those 7 days for a total of 21. When I tried to add tickets on my party day (knowing we could get in at 4:00) I was getting the message that I had reached the maximum amount of fastpasses based on my tickets. When I scanned my party tickets and linked them it allowed me to make three more reservations which I did, on party day. The only bummer was that you can only get a fastpass ever hour. So I have one from 4-5; another from 5-6 and the last from 6-7, but this was the one and only time it gave me a bonus fastpass. Go figure. However, because of the other 3, I could not make any additional reservations between 4-7, the only time I will be there when I could use the fastpasses.

tookydo

Very interesting. Did NOT work for me. It asked me if I wanted to replace the ones I had existing for that day.
I think it worked for me because I didn't have any already reserved for that day. Mine are on 7 other days; 3 for each of the park tickets I had. By linking the tickets,I got three more. We are not in any other park on party day, just the resort and golfing so I had nothing to replace them with on that day. Before I linked the party tickets we were fastpass+ free that day (party day). So now I have a total of 24 on 7 day tickets plus party night. They still limit you to 3 per day, party tickets or not.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I think it worked for me because I didn't have any already reserved for that day. Mine are on 7 other days; 3 for each of the park tickets I had. By linking the tickets,I got three more. We are not in any other park on party day, just the resort and golfing so I had nothing to replace them with on that day. Before I linked the party tickets we were fastpass+ free that day (party day). So now I have a total of 24 on 7 day tickets plus party night. They still limit you to 3 per day, party tickets or not.
Ok that makes perfect sense. It's not double dipping as you are paying admission into the park on day you weren't going to be there an didn't have any scheduled anyway. Thanks for clarifying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom