My WDW TR (A.K.A. - Horrible Day)

WeirdOne

Original Poster
Hey, yesterday I went to WDW and let me tell you, I am never ever going to go to WDW in summer again. Enough of my promises, onto my TR.
Ok, we got to EPCOT at 9 AM to meet our CM friend. She got there 9:30 as promised and we entered the gates. We started to head out, but my family decieded they wanted to do some stuff in EPCOT. So, we ran off to Test Track. We waited 20 Minutes. The ride broke down fro about 5 minutes as we were about to board. But that was ok. My family enjoyed it except for my 12 year old borther who thought it wasn't that good except for the non-anti lock brake test. We then went to HISTA. We waited about 5 minuts there. It was fun, everyone enjoyed it. We then headed out the exit, boarded the monorail and went to MK. We entered the gates and that's when the worst of the day began.

Already we were surrounded by so many people it was hard to move. ontop of that we had 97 degree temperatures above and around us. We headed to City Hall got some maps, then over the the horses and petted some and headed down to Casey's Corner where we had an early lunch. Then we headed into Tomorrowland. Ok, we skipped Alien Encounter 2 hours. Buzz, another 1 and a half. We headed towards TTA. We got on in 2 minutes and rode around. Right before the the loading station the ride broke down for 15 minutes. How annoying it was. The same old announcements for 15 minutes. We were about to get out when we started back up. We got off and headed towards Space Mountain. 2 hours. We grabed Fastpass's for 2 PM. It was so hot we went to a restaurant for couple of minutes. We headed towards the 30 minute Speedway line. It was ok. Everyone liked it. It was so hot we ssat down again. We headed towads the Barnstormer, 20 minutes. We ended up waiting in a heat death trap for 45 minutes. We sat down again at teh train station and we board teh train. By then we were all mostly de-hydrated and hard drank 5 waterbottles of water. We did a round trip and and they sat down in a restraunt while we did Space Mountain 2 times. We headed for the train and went to Frontierland. We grabbed Fastpass's for Splash Mountain 7:35. We waited 20 mintues fro Big Thunder which claimed they had a 50 Minute line. It was the best ride all day so far, not including Space Mountain which only me and my 12 year old brother did. So, we got off and sat down in the Peco's BIll cafe because the heat was traking a toll on my family. We then did Haunted Mansion. Worst ride ever! We got stuck behind these uncivilized redneck kids and hteir parents and they just ruined the whole ride. not to mention we go stuck twice for 5 minutes each. We got off of that and sat down in another restraunt in Fantasyland. M family had pretty much about had it. We rode Cinderella's Golden Carousel one time with no wait and then did Snow White which had 10 minutes. Then just to relax we did it's a small world. I took a quick nap and my family began getting headaches when we got off and we were planning on leaving soon. It was about 6:45 then. At 7:00 we went to Splash, but the guy wouldn't let us in even if we were about to leave soon. We did Big Thunder again, much better because we sat further back this time. My grandmother we left on a bench because she was getting high blood pressure and needed a break. At 7:20 we got here and she sat down at the Frontierland train station. We got to Splash Mountain at 7:34. The CM still wouldn't let us in for one minute early. I mean one minute. We finally got into the Fastpass line and we got on in 5 minutes. We enjoyed that one as a nice cool down. We got off and rode the train to Main Street took a few photos and left. It was about 8 PM when we left. We got to EPCOT around 8:15 and found our car and left for home. This was honestly my worst visit ever. I spent like half-of-the-night wondering what went wrong and almost crying at how horrible of a day had gone by. I still managed to have a little-bit of fun. I can now Officially say that was the WORST trip I ever took to Disney! Total ride count for the day - 13 Rides. Well, mayube next time It might end up being a tad bit better hopefully :(. The WeirdOne :(

DisJosh

First I'm thinkin awww that sux hope your next trip is better........but what did you expect the parks to be like on a weekend in the middle of summer? Ya should have saved it for a week day. As far as the fast pass thing.....well the posted time is the posted time and thats when they let u on. If they were letting everyone on early then the whole FP system would be thrown off and useless. I'm not tryin to get ya mad but you should have expected what yoou got. I hope you have better luck next time....:) I know where your coming from too the heat doesnt bring out the best in us and doesnt usually make for the best day in the parks.........and I've thought the same thing about the FP CM's "awww c'mon its only a minute early".....but their job is to let you on at the right time and at that time only. Later!

markymark

Hey "Wierd" Sorry to hear you had such a bad time, but I have to say, it isn't really surprising. I mean we always go end June early July and have got used to the crowds. I know you wanted to do a full day, which is one thing we never do. We always choose a park, get there early stay until 1.00 or 2.00 and then leave - it's just too hot and too busy, and we have a 10 hour flight to get to Florida!!
You live up the road from WDW!! go when it is quieter. Surely your cm friend must have known how busy it was?
But anyway, you had a crappy day and the last thing you need is people moaning at you. So I will say sorry you had a bad day, and I hope your next visit is much better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom