My Walt Disney World Perler Bead Sign

JIMINYCR

Thank you! I loved how the “D” turned out as well. That was pretty much the Booger Bear of this project. Haha! But yeah the beads didn’t cost too much, as well as the pegboards to put the beads on. The board was like $24 at Menard’s so it wasn’t too expensive of a project. What I did was use a picture of the logo and pixelated it on my computer. I did each letter one at a time and after I got one letter all together I would ironed it with a shirt iron so that the beads would melt together. After all the letters were complete we got the board and painted it dark blue and then glued the letters on with E6000 glue, which is a pretty great glue. Nailed two hangers on the back to hang the it up later and the sign was done!
Thanks so much. I'm definitely going to attempt it. If you do make up more signs please post them. ;)

Mickey Pride

This is incredible. I know you said you were going to display this on a wall inside your home and I think that is great, but have you considered maybe for Christmas displaying outside with Christmas lights around it so all can enjoy it?

BBarker34

Original Poster
This is incredible. I know you said you were going to display this on a wall inside your home and I think that is great, but have you considered maybe for Christmas displaying outside with Christmas lights around it so all can enjoy it?
Hey now this something I can get behind! I did have thoughts about decorating it for Christmas time. The only thing I’m concerned about displaying it outside is the white letters. I don’t want the sun to turn the letters yellow. I like the idea though! I’ll look into it. Thanks! 😊

Mickey Pride

Hey now this something I can get behind! I did have thoughts about decorating it for Christmas time. The only thing I’m concerned about displaying it outside is the white letters. I don’t want the sun to turn the letters yellow. I like the idea though! I’ll look into it. Thanks! 😊
I didn't think about the sun. Don't know if you have a shaded area that it could be displayed. Good Luck.

BBarker34

Original Poster
I didn't think about the sun. Don't know if you have a shaded area that it could be displayed. Good Luck.
Thank you! Don’t have any shaded areas at the house that we currently live in, but we are in the process of moving soon so hopefully I’ll find some shade for the sign. If not, I’ll do the best I can to get it all festive for Christmas! 😁

Mickey Pride

Thank you! Don’t have any shaded areas at the house that we currently live in, but we are in the process of moving soon so hopefully I’ll find some shade for the sign. If not, I’ll do the best I can to get it all festive for Christmas! 😁
It seems to me that you are very creative so no doubt you will come up with something.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom