overcrowding it causes in the underdeveloped entertainment areas
~Bad merchandising
~The homogenization of said merchandise
~That Tomorrowland is not at all futuristic
~That all entertainment seems to be loud and in your face and geared toward
the average 12 year old
~Fast passes. Everybody just wait in line. If they are too long, then address
THAT problem.
~ Double strollers ( or any ) on the monorail. We used to have to fold strollers and hold
kids back in the day, when the parks had a quiet dignity
~Starbucks overpriced swill in the parks
~Character meet and greets - what happened to characters roaming around, esp. in front
of the MK. Oh yeah, that's right - overcrowding!
Ok, let's face the fact that I could do this forever! But I love going to Disney and remembering how great it used to be!

I agree with just about everything you pointed out. However, a lot are POPULAR opinions and not unpopular LOL

Joeamc

Figured it would be fun to start a thread of people posting their unpopular opinions. We all have attractions that we love, but sometimes we just can't see what others love about certain aspects of WDW. I'll go first.

I think Expedition Everest is totally lame! I don't understand why people love this ride so much. Yes, its theming is great, and the working Yeti was awesome. But beyond that, it's a boring roller coaster to me. Going backwards is sort of cool I guess, but I've always felt the ride itself has too much of a buildup before you actually get to a ROLLER COASTER type part. I don't like the stopping and starting aspect of it. Even the first time I ever went on it, my siblings were screaming about how amazing they thought it was, but I was underwhelmed. I remember we immediately went on it again, thinking maybe I had missed something, yet I still felt underwhelmed. And I'm a guy who LOVES storylines with my rides! (Heck, my screen name is after Rod Serling for crying out loud - Tower of Terror is one of the best pieces of imagineering.)

One of my best friends went on it for the first time last Labor Day, and he concurred that it is overrated and was underwhelmed. In fact, I will ride Space Mountain over Everest any day of the week! Still a better ride, even right now in questionable shape. :p

Feel free to disagree with me - that's what this thread is all about, unpopular opinions!
Your turn! What is your unpopular opinion? :)

Disneyland is better than Disneyworld.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Hollywood Studios is my favorite park even though it's a shell of it's former self at the moment.

Star Tours is a very underrated attraction.

Marvel, GOTG or the Avengers don't do anything for me.

Space Mountain in MK isn't fun and is inferior to the DL version.

Debbie

I dislike the thought of planning every aspect of my next visit. I haven't been since 2012. My idea of vacation is to take it easy and when the mood strikes, stop in and have a bite to eat. The idea of planning fast passes 6 months out is just crazy. Depending on the time of year I would go, I would be ok with fast passes for busy times, but not off season; I wish they wouldn't have them at those times
Things I don't like
fast passes
restaurants selling out 6 mos in advance
the current pricing structure of Disney resorts
the current pricing structure of tickets (go back to the old days---give me four days, four simple days)
pricing to park if one stays off site
I dislike resort fees (for future reference)
I dislike that Disney hasn't been able to lure more countries in all of these years to EPCOT
I also wish Magic Kingdom still had the Christmas swags hanging above MainStreet

IanDLBZF

I actually really enjoyed The Enchanted Tiki Room: Under New Management more than the original.
Same here.
Also I want to say that I won't miss Ellen's Energy Adventure (good riddance), it was a big bore against me and my mom.

The Empress Lilly

I hate:
~Too much security - tired of people rummaging through my purse or being
waved at with the wand or touched by goofy guards
~ That security is now junking up hotels
~The elimination of dark rides
~The lack of imagineering the last few decades
~Bad smoking areas
~The permanent stages in MK (. Ant walk through the castle) and Epcot and HS
too, I think
~The junking up of the Main Concourse in the Contemporary
~The Judy Densch narration on Spaceship Earth
~ The elimination of the Osbourne Family Spectacle of Lights
~The incredibly high food prices for very mediocre food
~Kids being allowed to sit at bars; in general I hate the lack of adult space
~That there's not a new country in Epcot
~ The building of too many resort accommodations and the subsequent
overcrowding it causes in the underdeveloped entertainment areas
~Bad merchandising
~The homogenization of said merchandise
~That Tomorrowland is not at all futuristic
~That all entertainment seems to be loud and in your face and geared toward
the average 12 year old
~Fast passes. Everybody just wait in line. If they are too long, then address
THAT problem.
~ Double strollers ( or any ) on the monorail. We used to have to fold strollers and hold
kids back in the day, when the parks had a quiet dignity
~Starbucks overpriced swill in the parks
~Character meet and greets - what happened to characters roaming around, esp. in front
of the MK. Oh yeah, that's right - overcrowding!
Ok, let's face the fact that I could do this forever! But I love going to Disney and remembering how great it used to be!
Four posts in fifteen years. But you do make 'em count! Great points, lots of little declines over the years.

_caleb

I'm not a fan of all the security.
I'm assuming you mean that you don't like the way security checks have been implemented and not that you don't like having people dedicated to keeping the parks safe. Right?

I know that with security, there's always a trade-off between our liberty and our security. It's not comfortable to have someone poking through our bags. It's not convenient to have to wait through screening lines when you're super excited to get into the parks. But surely you see the need for some level of (visible) security in the parks and resorts?

danyoung56

The idea of planning fast passes 6 months out is just crazy.

Just to be picky, you can't get a FP 6 months out. At 180 days you can book your restaurant reservations. If you're staying on property you can book FP's 60 days out. If staying off property you can book FP's 30 days out.

You probably know all this, but I just wanted to clear up any confusion.

correcaminos

But there's SAND in the POOL!
Not a fan of it. The pool is spread out, but not a lot of good area to play in really when it comes down to it. The slide you have to go outside the pool to get to. The lazy river is cramped and too deep at points if you get knocked around and have to readjust. The seating is super crowded. Like you have to climb on your chair to sit because there is no space at all next to it.

Big pass on SAB, the quiet pools are better :eek:

MotherofaPrincessLover

Not a fan of it. The pool is spread out, but not a lot of good area to play in really when it comes down to it. The slide you have to go outside the pool to get to. The lazy river is cramped and too deep at points if you get knocked around and have to readjust. The seating is super crowded. Like you have to climb on your chair to sit because there is no space at all next to it.

Big pass on SAB, the quiet pools are better :eek:
I will agree that it's annoying to get to the slide.

correcaminos

I will agree that it's annoying to get to the slide.
I went on it a couple times. I only would do it right at first after the first experience because it felt so cold waiting in line otherwise dripping water all over the place.

Really though the seating annoyed me most. I don't like people all on top of me like that. I also wish it were bigger in actual swimming area for the size of the resort. Two trips in a row this year reminded me of why I didn't like that pool.

GVentola

My unpopular opinion: Endless acronyms for attractions and locations that people online can't figure out.
Darn right! I like coming to these forums to relax, not to play guessing games with the acronyms. I have a page bookmarked that defines the acronyms, but again, I want to relax, not thumb my way back and forth between pages.

Probably has been said but I think Animal Kingdom really is the best park on property. The background music to the lighting of the park at night, especially with Pandora, is just very well planned and executed. The food is pretty spectacular, and I really adore the smaller details of the park, such as Lady Divine and the African bands.

Debbie

Just to be picky, you can't get a FP 6 months out. At 180 days you can book your restaurant reservations. If you're staying on property you can book FP's 60 days out. If staying off property you can book FP's 30 days out.

You probably know all this, but I just wanted to clear up any confusion.

Thanks for the correction :) Even 60 days out bothers me...... I long for the days where ya just strode along and decided to jump in a line. If the ride was that important to you; you made sure your butt was there at rope drop and power walked to the attraction. As far as reservations to eat, I find it crazy to hear stories of people calling and calling but unable to get in at certain places. It's almost like hearing "I'll take the third caller to win tickets to the Saints game" and I'm the one who NEVER gets even a ring---always a busy signal---LOL!

mark marsh

I admit I don't like change. I prefer the older,more traditional WDW attractions such as Splash Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean and Small World. I have no use for the new themes such as Star Wars. To me they are just not Disney. How long before the good old attractions get pushed out for all of these modern themed ones? WDW just isn't as much fun as it used to be especially with all the construction going on in the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom