My Unpopular WDW Opinion - post yours!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I don't mind how many IP projects make it into Epcot. Having beloved or at least recognizable characters makes the park friendlier. My Dad and I were there on opening day when none of the familiar Disney characters were there, and we thought, "Epcot is okay, but no need to come again." Now it's been my fave place on Earth for many a year, throughout the various changes to the park.

This isn't really WDW related, but it is Disney: Disney should stop making live action versions of all its classic animated films. And they should make a Pocahontas III where she gets back together with John Smith and they live happily ever after. Screw history--the first two films were historically inaccurate anyway. Why be a stickler on that one point--that the historical Pocahontas married Rolfe and not Smith? Anyway, I see Disney's Pocahontas as being a fictional character BASED on a historical figure, not one and the same with the real life Pocahontas herself!

I'm in agreement with you on the live action version remakes of the classic animated films. Cinderella was horrible, Beauty was okay. I'm assuming both Snow White and Sleeping Beauty are on the remake list. Walt may rise from the dead if Snow live action remake is as poorly done as Cinderella was. I don't even want to think about Sleeping Beauty.... :banghead:

mouse_luv

I'm in agreement with you on the live action version remakes of the classic animated films. Cinderella was horrible, Beauty was okay. I'm assuming both Snow White and Sleeping Beauty are on the remake list. Walt may rise from the dead if Snow live action remake is as poorly done as Cinderella was. I don't even want to think about Sleeping Beauty.... :banghead:
Technically, Sleeping Beauty was done live and with a twist in Maleficent. It tends to be one of my faves but that's just IMO. The rest of them bleh.

FigmentForver96

7DMT is fun but vastly overrated
There is too much Star Wars and while I know the new land will be amazing, I'm not hyped.
RnRC is blah. There are better coasters at Disney and in Orlando
DinoLand isn't as bad as people think
Wide World of Sports is a waste of space and should have been used for something parks/resorts related
Disney Springs is amazing and a vast improvement over what was there before
Figment is the most annoying character ever. If he's ripped out of Epcot, I wouldn't cry.
Storybook Circus is a waste
The new Castle hub is beautiful and a god send for crowd navigation during busy times
Food and Wine is also overrated.
What :cry::(

Lad

We hate the monorail. Not sure what all the love for it is about??

I think for me it's purely nostalgia. I recognize that the monorail often has overcrowded lines, smell terrible, and feel a bit dated at this point yet I still love them and I think it's because they feel almost exactly the same as they did when I rode on them as a child. The narration (even with changes over the years), the views, the feeling of entering the Contemporary....it all just feels like a classic WDW.

UncleFastpass

If You Had Wings remains one of the best screen rides of all time! There I said it. I really miss that ride and was actually terribly sad when it was replaced in the 80s. Anyone else remember the speed room where it actually felt like you were going super fast? Dang I miss that ride!
Now that song is going to be stuck in my head for the rest of the day. I remember back in the old days when they still used tickets If you had wings was free so my brother and I would ride it over and over. The super fast room was great,almost like you were taking off in a plane.......

bclane

Now that song is going to be stuck in my head for the rest of the day. I remember back in the old days when they still used tickets If you had wings was free so my brother and I would ride it over and over. The super fast room was great,almost like you were taking off in a plane.......
Yup, same here. Free, great AC, and I actually loved the music. lol Ah, the 80s

JimW

Premium Member
We overindulge in Epcot. We're not the type to have custom shirts, but we enjoy adult beverages in many of the pavilions... which includes aquavit on occasion.

StarWarsGirl

I second the DHS opinions on here. I'd rather be in DHS than Epcot. Of course, that may have something to do with the amount of Star Wars in DHS...

Mr. Toad's was a really bizarre ride. He dies and goes to h*ll at the end. I can't really blame them for replacing it with Pooh, which is easily my favorite dark ride besides DL's PoftC. Although I do enjoy riding the DL version of Mr. Toad's.

I like the Three Caballeros ride and think it's cute.

Alien Encounter was way too scary for MK. They should have done it in DHS

New TT is lame.

Epcot is my least favorite park.

Chef Mickey

We hate the monorail. Not sure what all the love for it is about??
porfavor.jpg

I am Timmy

My DS hates the song that comes on in the bus upon returning to WL, when you get close the music changes to a relaxing flute tune, and we all start laughing because we know the look on his face even in the dark! He gets me back in MK, however, with It's a Small World.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom