My Unpopular WDW Opinion - post yours!

Maxwell_Edison

I don't get the hoopla over fireworks shows. Seen one, seen 'em all.
I enjoyed CBR and wouldn't mind staying there again.
I roll my eyes every time I see the Magnolia Bend section of POR and then sing, "I'm glad I'm not in Dixie, hooray, hooray."
I'm sure turkey legs taste nice, but they look gross.

BasiltheBatLord

DHS is the best non-MK park at WDW
Soarin' is cool but not worth standby time/using a fastpass on
Midway Mania is an extremely overrated attraction
I don't know if this is as unpopular an opinion anymore, but Epcot is not that great of a park (never experienced it pre-2000s)
Teacups and Dumbo aren't worth doing, rides like that can be found at any local carnival
I actually kind of miss the BAH (grew up with it as the icon of DHS/MGM, although I completely understand the sightlines argument)
I don't really care about Jungle Cruise
Not unpopular on here I don't think, but Star Wars Land does not fit in Disneyland at all.

Last edited:

John park hopper

I hate It's a Small World, I can never get that lame tune out of my head. Hate the ever increasing crowds which Disney needs to do something about--- expand the parks, limit the crowds whatever. Hate they changed Alien Encounter (best ever) into Stich (sucks). Loved the old Universe of Energy, Bill N and Ellen D version Boring!!!!. Hate they did away with the classic Mr. Toads Wild Ride. Loved CBR afraid the reconstruction may ruin it (wait and see) Dislike rude people who visit the parks, dislike those who bring politics into these forums. I love Disney World and would would be there now if I had not just come back

NYwdwfan

I can't stand Carousel of Progress. I got duped into going in there when I was about 10 and I haven't been since. I don't even glance in that direction when I'm in Tomorrowland.

HonorableMention

I think people give Stitch way too much crap for what it is, and I actually like it a little better than ITTBAB.

Yes, it's immature, too scary for its target demographic, and replaced the beloved Alien Encounter, but when you look past all of that it's...ok? Not a masterpiece by any means but it's not the worst thing on Earth.

The animatronics are great, the pre-shows are done we'll enough, and the effects are still good. It's filled with things that contradict its own film and makes it almost like a separate universe (which the currently praised GOTG ride does as well), but to me it's more refreshing to see something inspired rather than copied from a movie scene.

And while Stitch's story isn't so great, neither is ITTBAB, which a lot of people seem to enjoy, and to me is almost a 3D equivalent to Stitch. Kids run out of that show crying all of the time.

Every scene in that show is setting up one of the effects. The spider is there to shoot air blasts, the termite for water, etc. You know what's going to happen when they appear. The animatronics there are great too, but I also find the effects there to be more obnoxious than Stitch's.

TL;DR: Stitch is just ok in a vacuum. It has redeeming qualities. ITTBAB to me has less of a story and I don't enjoy most of its effects.

Rant over, phew. Now that I've admitted the ultimate unpopular opinion I should probably go into hiding :cautious:

Chef Mickey

I can't stand Carousel of Progress.
giphy.gif

Ryan H. Serowinski

Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular at Disney's Hollywood Studios is overrated and very dated

I actually kinda liked Journey to Imagination with Figment, it's a guilty pressure of mine(always wanted to ride it as a kid, but finally did in 2016)

Star Wars Launch Bay isn't as good as The Magic of Disney Animation

I actually kinda liked the new looks for Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, Pocahontas, and Mulan in the theme parks. :)

Last edited:

runway

I don't enjoy:
-Dining in Cinderella's Castle, it's gloomy and the food is not even remotely good
-Dole Whip, yuck
-Flying Fish since the reopening, why on Earth would you put seaweed in perfectly good bread?
-Meeting Characters, maybe I have no imagination but I can't pretend they're real
-Being told "Welcome Home" every time I get off the elevator on club level
-Magical Express, beyond annoying, I just traveled 1000 miles and now I have to wait for a bus to sloooowly fill up. Conversely, going home already sucks and now I have to spend an hour stopping at multiple resorts on the way back to the airport.
-Parades

I do love:
-Brunch at California Grill regardless of the absurd price tag
-Riding the Monorail
-Fast Pass
-Making Reservations in Advance
-Test Track
-The Clown Pool at Boardwalk Inn

huffy

Adding another one - I don't like the Polynesian. Most disappointing stay ever! Absolutely filthy room. That was pre refurb so I might give it a chance again one day.
Have to say I agree. When we first went to WDW when my kids were little, thats where we stayed a couple of times and just loved it. Last December we went back to celebrate my daughters 40th birthday and couldn't have been more disappointed. Rooms were tired and boring. Trays and trash in the hallways. Location is great but so let down after such good memories

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom