My Tomorrowland Improvment Ideas

Bill Cipher

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Hey everyone! I've been thinking of lots of cool attraction ideas in my head recently and wanted to dump them here. I have a lot of ideas though so I'm just going to make a thread for my Tomorrowland improvment ideas, since it really needs to be refreshed. Hope you enjoy!

- gut Stitch's Great Escape and replace it with Stitch Encounter (seen at TDL), which is a Turtle Talk with Crush style attraction
-move Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor to a new Monstopolis themed land in DHS, replace the space with a Wall-E attraction (probably either a whiplash ride, M&G, or a show)
-I hate saying it, but retheme Space Ranger Spin (since a Toy Story shooter attraction is going to exist in a more prominent land) to the new theme of Hero's Duty (from Wreck-It-Ralph)
-move Carrousel of Progress to Epcot, the land occupied by CoP and the old Skyway entrance would be used to create a new flying car ride over a futristic city
-Speedway would be destoyed, a Big Hero 6 E-ticket would be put in its place (would be similar to Ratatouille in DLP)
-a new sit-down restaraunt would be built above Cosmic Ray's
-refresh the Peoplemover, no more empty tunnles, audio would be played inside the ride car to prevent echoing, track expanded to go through new BH6 building
-update Space Mountain to be like the DLR version but would keep the single-file cars
-give everything a fresh look; glass, chrome, black, and neon blue would be the color pallet (yes I just called glass a color, fite me)
-futuristic skyscrapers facade would be put up around the land
-put a light-up canopy similar to the one seen in SDL's Tomorrowland over the area in front of Space Mountain
-I don't know where to put this one, but there would be a flume ride themed to teleportation tech taking you to different planets.

That's all I've got. I realise that most of these are based on IPs but I couln't come up with many ideas for non-IP rides. I'd love to hear your thoughts on my ideas and maybe a few of your own ideas! Thanks for reading!

Disneylover152

I like your ideas. I agree you have too many IPs, and some of them don't fit in Tomorrowland. I would take the Wreck-It Ralph ride out though, since it doesn't really fit in Tomorrowland.

Here are my ideas that I have done for Tomorrowland in my other idea. Hope you like them!

TOMORROWLAND
  • I made it more of an alien and space land rather than an IP land.
  • The only IPs I have is Buzz Lightyear and TRON.
Current Tomorrowland Attractions
Buzz Lightyears Space Ranger Spin
Refurbishment
- make laser easier to see
- make the guns similar to Disneyland's version

Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
Move to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Stitch's Great Escape!

Get rid of

Tomorrowland Speedway
Get rid of

Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress
Moving to EPCOT

Space Mountain

Refurbishment

New Tomorrowland Attractions
Jetpacks

Guests get to go on a jetpack and fly through Outer Space.
Replacing "Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor"

Alien Encounter
Two workers at the space station have been studying aliens very closely. When they found an alien, they put them in a space simulator. When they see the guests coming, one of them decides to open the box. The alien flys around and crawls around the room. Using Hologram technology, guests have to shoot "plasma" to put the alien to sleep. While that is happening, the alien is breathing and drooling all over people. Eventually, the alien breaks out of the room, and the two space station workers evacuate the room.
Replacing "Stitch's Great Escape"

Space Mountain: Mission 2
Similar to "choose your own adventure" books, you get to choose where your rocket goes. As you board your rocket, you zoom towards a screen. That screen asks you a question about what you want to explore. You go through about seven screens, when you reach your final screen. It tells you whether you successfully returned to Earth or whether you are stranded in space. If you are stranded in space, you go 50 lightyears per hour back to your space port. If you returned to Earth, you go back to Earth.
Replacing Space Mountain

Tron Lightcycle Power Run

This Shanghai Disneyland ride will be added here.
Replacing Carousel of Progress and the Cast Member Parking Lot

Mars Lunar Rovers
Guests will get to ride Lunar Rovers on Mars in this Dark Ride. Similar to Monster's Inc. Ride and Go Seek, Guests will search for Aliens on Mars' surface.
Replacing Expansion Pad above Space Mountain

UFO Zone
Guests will explore Area 51. Becareful not to get soaked by an alien!
Layout similar to Super Silly Funland in Universal Studios Hollywood.

20140430_140-a.jpg

Replacing Tomorrowland Speedway.

Cosmic Rays Starlight Cafe will be moved to the Cast Member Parking Lot Area (with an enterence where you have to go underneath the TRON ride)

Bill Cipher

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I like your ideas. I agree you have too many IPs, and some of them don't fit in Tomorrowland. I would take the Wreck-It Ralph ride out though, since it doesn't really fit in Tomorrowland.

Here are my ideas that I have done for Tomorrowland in my other idea. Hope you like them!

TOMORROWLAND
  • I made it more of an alien and space land rather than an IP land.
  • The only IPs I have is Buzz Lightyear and TRON.
Current Tomorrowland Attractions
Buzz Lightyears Space Ranger Spin
Refurbishment
- make laser easier to see
- make the guns similar to Disneyland's version

Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
Move to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Stitch's Great Escape!

Get rid of

Tomorrowland Speedway
Get rid of

Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress
Moving to EPCOT

Space Mountain

Refurbishment

New Tomorrowland Attractions
Jetpacks

Guests get to go on a jetpack and fly through Outer Space.
Replacing "Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor"

Alien Encounter
Two workers at the space station have been studying aliens very closely. When they found an alien, they put them in a space simulator. When they see the guests coming, one of them decides to open the box. The alien flys around and crawls around the room. Using Hologram technology, guests have to shoot "plasma" to put the alien to sleep. While that is happening, the alien is breathing and drooling all over people. Eventually, the alien breaks out of the room, and the two space station workers evacuate the room.
Replacing "Stitch's Great Escape"

Space Mountain: Mission 2
Similar to "choose your own adventure" books, you get to choose where your rocket goes. As you board your rocket, you zoom towards a screen. That screen asks you a question about what you want to explore. You go through about seven screens, when you reach your final screen. It tells you whether you successfully returned to Earth or whether you are stranded in space. If you are stranded in space, you go 50 lightyears per hour back to your space port. If you returned to Earth, you go back to Earth.
Replacing Space Mountain

Tron Lightcycle Power Run

This Shanghai Disneyland ride will be added here.
Replacing Carousel of Progress and the Cast Member Parking Lot

Mars Lunar Rovers
Guests will get to ride Lunar Rovers on Mars in this Dark Ride. Similar to Monster's Inc. Ride and Go Seek, Guests will search for Aliens on Mars' surface.
Replacing Expansion Pad above Space Mountain

UFO Zone
Guests will explore Area 51. Becareful not to get soaked by an alien!
Layout similar to Super Silly Funland in Universal Studios Hollywood.

20140430_140-a.jpg

Replacing Tomorrowland Speedway.

Cosmic Rays Starlight Cafe will be moved to the Cast Member Parking Lot Area (with an enterence where you have to go underneath the TRON ride)
Great ideas! It's always so refreshing to see creative minds on these forums!

BenJacobs

IMG_0115.jpg
IMG_0118.jpg
Many changes basically, everything is new, just about, most buildings replaced or given an overlay, mostly in the same layout.

1. Everything will have a new look, quite like in Shanghai, of concrete and large panes of glass, which all looks smoothand clean. There would be quite a lot of green and landscaped gardens, maybe.
2. Tron Lightcycle Power Run, entrance in expanded area, twice as long as in Shanghai. Would launch out at 60+mph, pass through basically all of Tomorrowland before entering a second building, after some twists and turns, launches out through a lit, pulsing tunnel under part of Tomorrowland to emerge through a hole in the lake, wheels now red rather than blue, to race another train on the first outdoor section, before going back into the first building, wheels turning blue, goes through some twists and turns again, then ends.
3. New, high tech, modern Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, next to Tron.
4. New dark ride, or maybe simulator type ride, where Buzz was, an original ride, not IP based.
5. Carousel of Progress would remain, a new, ultra modern/ultra futuristic revolving restaurant would be built on top.
6. The return of Alien Encounter.
7. Modern looking jet packs ride, like in Shanghai, would replace the astro orbiters. They would, however, extend the arms of each jet pack, so you're flying far over tomorrowland at much higher speeds.
8. New quick service restaurant with some special feature, such as ordering from your table and automated food delivery through tracks.
9. Large Lake created, modern, landscaped, like a large version of a pond in West Future World, add some fish.
10. Quick service restaurant outdoor, with views of Space Mountain and Tron.
11. Space Mountain would remain the same.
12. The peoplemover would be extended a lot, pass through new rides, and Space Mountain still.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom