My thread won't show up in the What's New section, help!

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Why won't my new thread show up in the 'Whats new?' section??? I've posted about 3 or 4 threads but I don't see them added to the Whats new section. I know they're there though because I click on All recent messages and its there. Its like it doesn't update correctly or something, i dont know. Help!

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
They are not visible to you because they are not new to you. When a new post is made in a thread, it will appear again for you.

Thats what I thought, but take this thread for example. You just posted in it and yes, it came up as an alert for me as a new post, but the thread itself didn't pop back up in the What's new section. I'm thinking it should show up there right?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Thats what I thought, but take this thread for example. You just posted in it and yes, it came up as an alert for me as a new post, but the thread itself didn't pop back up in the What's new section. I'm thinking it should show up there right?
If you don't access the thread by way of the alert, it should be visible in what's new. When I come into the forums, I start with what's new before looking at my alerts and threads that have had answers posted since my last visit show up. Anything you've viewed disappears the next time you refresh the what's new.

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
If you don't access the thread by way of the alert, it should be visible in what's new. When I come into the forums, I start with what's new before looking at my alerts and threads that have had answers posted since my last visit show up. Anything you've viewed disappears the next time you refresh the what's new.

Really? wow. Yeah, because everytime I post a new thread I'm expecting it to show up like in the old way when you would click New Posts.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Really? wow. Yeah, because everytime I post a new thread I'm expecting it to show up like in the old way when you would click New Posts.
Took a bit of getting used to, but I'm liking the new system. It used to be if I spent too long reading a particular thread, the rest of my new sruff would time out as old and disappear. Now I just have to remember that if I want to answer a post, don't click what's new or it might be gone and I'll have to search for it.

Change brings with it a bit of adapting, but can be good overall.

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Took a bit of getting used to, but I'm liking the new system. It used to be if I spent too long reading a particular thread, the rest of my new sruff would time out as old and disappear. Now I just have to remember that if I want to answer a post, don't click what's new or it might be gone and I'll have to search for it.

Change brings with it a bit of adapting, but can be good overall.

I think what I wanted to make sure of is that whatever thread I post that it actually is showing up in the Whats new section eventhough I can't see it on mine, you know?

njDizFan

That confused me also. I figured when I post something and hit "what's new", my post would be at the top..but I guess it's not new to me...another thing to get used to

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom