My SURPRISE WDW Trip Report

Hey y'all! I went to WDW for the weekend!!!!!! :sohappy: I've known about it for awhile, but wanted to surprise everyone! :lol: (ok, yeah I know, I'm a dork). But I had the BEST time ever! I'm going to try to remember how everything happened! But I'm sure I will forget something! hahah. And sorry if this is boring. This is my first Trip Report. So, hang in there! :p

Thursday, October 23, 2003
My plane landed early in Orlando. I got off (oh yeah, this was my first trip to fly down by myself). Got on the lil monorail type thingy (I'm just so great w/words). My sister and friend were waiting for me with our hats we were going to wear to MNSSHP on Friday. I'll be posting pics later. We then got my stuff and went to Taco Bell then to our friends' apartment.

aim

Original Poster
Friday, October 24, 2003

Woke up at around 11 I think. Headed over to MGM for our PS at Mama Melrose's. Yumm! What a great place! I really loved it there. The food was very good. And the atmosphere was great also! For the life of me, I cannot remember what I got! LOL. I know I got some cheesecake with raspberry toppings for dessert! We then decided to not ride ToT or RnR. Mostly since we just ate. I also found something in Mama Melrose's that I didn't do! Honestly! We then decided to head on over to MK.

We got to MK and stopped by the bakery and what not to see my sisters friends. We headed over to Fantasyland to check out lines there. We waited for Snow White for about 5 minutes. And went on the Tea Cups. We waited like 5 minures for it! We met up w/my sister's other friend. Then put on our "costumes". LOL. They weren't really costumes. I made up some shirts for us, and we wore crazy hats. We didn't have enough time to actually get costumes together. We had PS for Plaza (my fave restaurant). I had the chicken salad. YUMMMM! We also got to go on Mickey's PhilharMagic! All I can say is WOW! It was so awesome!!

After a lot of walking around, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party finally started! We went on Buzz Lightyear. The picture things was kind of stupid. I didn't really like it. But we got stuck in one of the rooms. So, I racked up the points! We then went on CoP! I was so excited that it was open. We also went on Space Mountain. The party was awesome! We got sooo much candy from the trick or treat. Since I haven't been to WDW since Pirates has been out, we had to go ride it! :) We watched the 2nd parade. And I must say, I think it a very kool parade! The way it starts out! WOW!!!!!!!!! 2 thumbs way, way up for this! Of course, I took like 1 & 1/2 rolls of film during it! So, when I get it back, I'll post! The party was well worth the $30. At least I thought so. The lines weren't too long.

We didn't watch the fireworks. We just walked around instead. It's nice to just walk around WDW sometimes.

aim

Original Poster
Saturday, October 25, 2003

We went to Epcot today. One of my favorite parks! Met up with a friend around 10:30 and took some pictures of the characters that were out. We headed over to Test Track to check out the wait. And it was only like 35 minutes! And I think I saw Kenan. But it didn't click in my mind until after we already passed through. He was doing the seat belt check before you take off on your ride. I took some pictures on TT when you are outside. I hope they turn out.

After Test Track we went to World Showcase. Starting w/Mexico. Just had to ride El Rio del Tiempo. Then Rode the Norway ride. We got to the lil spot that is supposed to be Africe (?). And I think I saw Patrick there. Not too sure though.

We got to Japan and I bought two pearls for my mom (I could spend so much money on that!). We decided to finish up the World Showcase and go back to our friend's apartment to rest for awhile. On our way out, we stopped at Ice Station Cool . We had to promote Beverly. lol, we went to one of the stations where there were a few people and started talking bout how yummy the Beverly was. Not sure if they tasted it or not. :lol:

We left Epcot and decided to stop at Red Lobster. YUMMY! :slurp: I had the Ultimate Feast, and boy was it good! After lunch, we went back and rested for a lil bit. Then headed over to the Haunted Hay Ride at Fort Wilderness. It wasn't too scary, but it was pretty neat.

We also stayed for the campfire and movie at Fort Wilderness. Toy Story 2 was playing. After the movie, dropped a friend off, went back changed the clocks and went to bed :snore:

aim

Original Poster
Sunday, October 26, 2003

Woke up at 8:30. My sister and friend has a surprise breakfast PS for me. They told me I had to look cute for it :lol: So we got up early to get ready for it. Our PS was for 1900 Park Fair. We got to see Bert acting crazy with a basket on his head! and Mary Poppins just standing and watching. Bert was too funny. I was not impressed with the restaurant. I was expecting much more than what it was. We got very poor service. And only saw Pooh once, Tigger twice and Mary Poppins and Bert only because they were in the lobby part for the restaurant. We were very upset with it. But, Tigger wanted to go home with me! :lol: When he came to our table, I got up to get a picture with him, and he started dancing with me. Then when we posed for a pic, he whistled at me. Also, when we were leaving, he saw we were leaving, came over, put his arm around me and started walking out! haha, then Bert stopped him and said he couldn't go home with me. It was funny. We had to get a manager to go find Alice for us. She totally skipped our table. And she was the whole reason we were going there! :hammer:

After our very upsetting breakfast, we went to Animal Kingdom. Rode Kilimanjaro Safaris. I didn't take any digital pictures on it. But I will post the film ones when I get them back. But, the lion was up and walking around. It was a rare thing to see, most of the time, he is sleeping. We then headed over to the The Festival of the Lion King . Which is my favorite show. So, I have tons of digital pics of it! hehe.

We ate at a chinese place outside of Disney for lunch. Since it was on the way to the airport. It was a sad drive. I did not want to leave. But I did manage to take a very pretty picture of what I saw right before we got to the airport .

I am very bad about saying good-bye. I made it through the security station before going to the gates without crying. But as I was about to go put my stuff through the x-ray machine, i started crying. I hadn't been away from sister for 10 minutes, and I already missed her. I know, I'm a big dork.

This ends my Trip Report. If you are reading this now, thanks for reading till the end! :wave:

aim

Original Poster
Thanks guys! :D I did have tons of fun. And I took tons of pictures! As soon as I get the other back, I'll be scanning them and then posting! I can't wait to get them back! :sohappy:

Katherine

Sounds like you had a blast! I wish I could take the weekend and go to WDW. Well maybe someday! Thanks for sharing!

Disneyfalcon

That sounded great!
Interesting that you were disappointed in 1900 Park Fare. Some of our party had dinner there on Oct 9th and they were extremely disappointed.
Bad character interaction and bad food. They heard other people complaining too. I wonder if Disney is getting any complaints?

aim

Original Poster
We were very dissappointed! They will be recieving some complaints from my party. I was upset that we had to hunt Alice down. It was not worth the $20 a person.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom