My Quick Service experience

ginadee

Original Poster
This trip I decided to TRY to do a more leisurely trip. No ADR's, no having to be somewhere at any time. We went with the free quick service dining plan for 6 days. I had to post because I was so impressed. We did not have one burger and fries the whole trip. Now I did have to have my Caseys hotdog and just one of us got fries and the other apples. My favorite meals were actually at the food courts. My thinking was the meals aren't much different than table service. You just don't have the themed restaurant. Yet still...could not eat everything. So much food. We split a lot of our meals. So this is just my kudos to the quick service meals. Quite the variety.

This was our first meal upon arriving at POP.
image.jpg

This was at the food court at CBR
image.jpg

You may recognize these. BOG and CHH
image.jpg

image.jpg

We also had chicken, ribs and bbq. This was the fruit plate at Kona.
image.jpg

epcotisbest

We don't do ADR's very often and really don't like planning our day around food. It really takes the spontaneous aspect out of park touring. We do go during slower times, but quick service is easy to get and we often score walk up at even some of the most popular table service places too.
Nice pics and yes, you can easily do QS without ever eating burgers or fries, though I do have to get a Pecos Bill burger and load it up with fixings.

Minnie1986

Glad to see that worked out for you. Your idea was pretty my thinking as well for our upcoming trip. We only made ADRs for our anniversary and BOG, because we've never been there and I love Beauty and the Beast. All of our other meals will be quick service and I'm really glad to know we'll have a wide variety of options.

MaxsDad

We got back Sunday from a trip in which we usually have gotten TS plan, but got QS plan this time.

We found that we enjoyed it as well. There was so much variety that I did not get to try everything i wanted to last week! Even the burgers at Pop have many different incarnations. One thing I did try: The Croque Madame at BoG,as the original poster has pictured. We had 2 BOG ressies last week for breakfast. I had every intention of trying two different menu items, but the Croque was so good, I could not resist ordering it the second time as well!

Weather_Lady

Although we've never tried dining "CS only," we still have at least 1 CS meal per day, and I share your assessment that there is a wide variety of options on offer. You don't have to look far to find healthful and interesting alternatives to the stereotypical hamburger with fries. Also, it helps to be aware that you can ask for less-desirable elements of meals to be omitted for a discount (e.g., hold the fries), or even to ask for discretionary substitutions (e.g., yogurt or fruit instead of the fries).

The Mighty Tim

Wolfgang Puck Express at DTD Marketplace is pretty good for a QS credit. I didn't take any pictures, but size wise and quality wise, it was definitely worth it.

JIMINYCR

The pics are great. We've gone on trips before where we did mostly QS with limited TS meals and we were very happy with the selections. Disney does do a good job with providing plenty of varieties and choices. Its just that some of "those complainers" that dont bother seeking out decent menu items like to complain that all there is is burgers and fries. And we've very rarely had a meal that wasnt plentiful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom