My Primevil Whirl take

Brett

Original Poster
I just got back from WDW yesterday and had a chance to ride Primevil Whirl on Thursday morning. The ride wasn't operating yet at 8:30 when the park opened, so I grabbed a fastpass and hit Dinosaur first. Even with the huge crowd, I somehow got on the first car at Dinosaur and then made my way back over to Primevil Whirl. The line was huge at this point, but my fastpass put on me on the first car of the day on this ride as well. I was pumped up.

Before I got a chance to ride it, I checked out all the scenery and such for Disney's newest attraction. I was very disappointed, as it seemed WDW had dropped the ball on theming. The ride was a generic carnival ride slapped with a dinosaur theming and spinning cars. Not too much originality. Plus, unlike every single ride in recent years, this ride had no build-up. No story. It was just a coaster stuck in bad carnival theming. But I had faith in the ride being spectacular thus changing my mind on the whole scenerio.

Boy was I wrong. The ride was nothing more than a couple of twists that I could get from riding the TeaCups and a very very subpar roller coaster. I was shocked that Disney could produce such a horrific ride. Journey Into YOUR Imigination was bad because it replaced something fanastic. Disney built this pile of trash from the ground up and messed up big time.

I was hoping for Disney to help build Animal Kingdom into a great park in time, as they did with the Studios. Primevil Whirl did nothing to help Animal Kingdom, except make it even more boring that it already is. (I know I might hear some slack for that comment but it's just not that entertaining of a park to me right now.) If Primevil Whirl is an example of what is to come in the projected Beastly Kingdom, Disney might as well save their money.

DisJosh

Well acording to your descripton Disney hasn't dropped the ball on theming. The whole theme of that area is carnival/tourist trap. Sounds to me from your description that they've done a great job.

Brett

Original Poster
Just because they did a decent job theming it as a carnival, doesn't mean it's good theming. Walt Disney himself said he doesn't want his parks to be like carnivals. Yet they disguise this horrible ride/land in a carny nature but make it ok by throwing dinosaurs everywhere. Dinoland USA was great and themed perfectly when Countdown to Extinction and the BoneYard were the only things there. Expansion was needed, but this contraption known as DinoRama!! is a blatant lack of originality on Disney's part. Dinoland had a chance to be the overall best section of the park. All that was needed was another fun/educational ride, but instead they decided through up the circus tents, build ANOTHER version of Dumbo, and a cheap excuse for a coaster. The place looks like something out of a SixFlags or Paramount park. Not a Disney park.

WDWKing

Well Spoken Brett. Sounds to me like theming a land towards a carnival/tourist trap is a great way to cover up your cheapness.:hurl:

The_CEO

Originally posted by Brett
All that was needed was another fun/educational ride, but instead they decided through up the circus tents, build ANOTHER version of Dumbo, and a cheap excuse for a coaster.
What do you call an educational ride Brett??... Disney doesnt have educational rides.. They inform you on what has happened and whats going to happen in the future.. If you call that education, then ok .. You sure do know how to cut down on ANYTHING Disney does.. When I went to that section of the park I found it really great.. Clean and Perfect... How could they put a "educational " ride in that place?? I consider " educational" like Killimangoro's Safari.. They show you animals etc.. Thats like a zoo though.. Disney is being very creative doing this little section in the park.. They put time in their work .
SO stop complaining!
~ Justin...

Brett

Original Poster
What I consider educational is something besides a ride that spins you around in the air or a horrible excuse for a roller coaster. They could have at least put a minimal thought process into throwing Dinoland USA together.

I'm just a guy who loves Disney and doesn't like seeing things that aren't too creative.

jcmayid

Hey guys,

We just got back from WDW. We visited all 4 parks in 2 days. (Seasonal Pass Holders) Last time we went to AK, Primevil Whirl was not yet open & we were not able to ride Dinosaur. This time we got to both. Dinosaur...great ride! They did a good job there! And why so much hostility towards Primevil Whirl? Sure, its not your typical "Disney ride" but hey its different! My hubby & I both liked it. We thought it was cute & fun in a kiddy sorta way. AK is a great park & will only get better & better. We did 3 parks in 1 day and took our time at AK (a whole day). I don't think there's anything wrong w/ this park at all. We absolutely love it!!!
:kiss:

The_CEO

Originally posted by jcmayid
Hey guys,

We just got back from WDW. We visited all 4 parks in 2 days. (Seasonal Pass Holders) Last time we went to AK, Primevil Whirl was not yet open & we were not able to ride Dinosaur. This time we got to both. Dinosaur...great ride! They did a good job there! And why so much hostility towards Primevil Whirl? Sure, its not your typical "Disney ride" but hey its different! My hubby & I both liked it. We thought it was cute & fun in a kiddy sorta way. AK is a great park & will only get better & better. We did 3 parks in 1 day and took our time at AK (a whole day). I don't think there's anything wrong w/ this park at all. We absolutely love it!!!
:kiss:
Exactlly!
~ Justin...

howlin_mad

Originally posted by Brett
What I consider educational is something besides a ride that spins you around in the air or a horrible excuse for a roller coaster. They could have at least put a minimal thought process into throwing Dinoland USA together.

It looks to me like you're taking DinoRama way too seriously. Disney designed that part of the park to look like a tourist trap (as explained by the_ceo_at_wdw in an earlier post). If they wanted the area to be heavily themed with e-ticket rides, then it would be that way. Believe it or not but those real dinosaur roadside attractions are actually a big part of the American dinosaur culture, and as far as I can tell, it's a perfect addition to Dinoland and Animal Kingdom. If you don't like it then tough. Just don't go on those rides or through that park of the park. If you want educational rides, then head over to Epcot or MGM. If you want roller coasters, then head to IoA or your local cheezy Six Flags park.

The_CEO

Originally posted by howlin_mad
Disney designed that part of the park to look like a tourist trap (as explained by the_ceo_at_wdw in an earlier post).
That was DisJosh & WDWKing ;)

~ Justin...

howlin_mad

Originally posted by the_ceo_at_wdw

That was DisJosh & WDWKing

Yeah, I just read through the stuff quickly and meant to put their names instead of yours. At that time I was also thinking about the educational stuff and your post was stuck in my head.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom