My plan for Day 1 re. Dublin IE (this August)

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
August 9th
8:45am Land at Dublin International Airport

10:30am our taxi drops us off at Hilton Garden Inn Dublin Custom House

After dropping the bags with the reception desk we will take a short walk to the nearby Tram Stop ( George's Dock )
and take that tram to Four Courts Tram Stop (One way single ticket 1.70 Euro)

Then we'll enjoy our first walk over the River Liffey (about an 8 minute walk) to purchase a combo ticket to visit Dublinia Viking Museum and Christ Church.

After enjoying those two side by side attractions we could walk toward Grafton Street....see some buskers ( street musicians ) and let my
wife and daughter do some shopping....

Then find a bench and relax in St. Stephen's Green Park

Next take the LUAS Tram from St. Stephen's Green Tram Stop to Westmoreland (once again it is 1.70 Euro)

The tram lets off at the Westmoreland Tram Stop by the "National Wax Museum Plus"
Google maps states that it will only be a 5 minute walk (400 meters) to my choice for our first dinner in Ireland...
"The Bank on College Green"

* 20220519_182250.jpg
After dinner google maps states it will be a 1.3 km( 0.8 miles) walk to our hotel for some much needed rest.
Any feedback on this plan? 🤔

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
August 9th

After dropping the bags with the reception desk we will take a short walk to the nearby Tram Stop ( George's Dock )

Then we'll enjoy our first walk over the River Liffey (about an 8 minute walk) to purchase a combo ticket to visit Dublinia Viking Museum and Christ Church.

After enjoying those two side by side attractions we could walk toward Grafton Street....see some buskers ( street musicians ) and let my

Next take the LUAS Tram from St. Stephen's Green Tram Stop to Westmoreland (once again it is 1.70 Euro)

The tram lets off at the Westmoreland Tram Stop by the "National Wax Museum Plus"
Google maps states that it will only be a 5 minute walk (400 meters) to my choice for our first dinner in Ireland...

* View attachment 639701
After dinner google maps states it will be a 1.3 km( 0.8 miles) walk to our hotel for some much needed rest.

Nice places, etc., you've selected. My only hesitation is that it appears to be a lot for the first day you land over there. I also recall from a trip I made to Ireland many years ago, that I could not sleep on the multi-hours plane ride. Felt like a zombie when we landed, waited for luggage, waited in lines at customs, my friends waited to line to get rental car, etc. I had zero energy to do anything at all that first day. (Plus the time change messed me up, particularly with no sleep.) But if you're lucky enough not to be affected by any one of those possible scenarios, and feel up to exploring the area, then that's good.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Nice places, etc., you've selected. My only hesitation is that it appears to be a lot for the first day you land over there. I also recall from a trip I made to Ireland many years ago, that I could not sleep on the multi-hours plane ride. Felt like a zombie when we landed, waited for luggage, waited in lines at customs, my friends waited to line to get rental car, etc. I had zero energy to do anything at all that first day. (Plus the time change messed me up, particularly with no sleep.) But if you're lucky enough not to be affected by any one of those possible scenarios, and feel up to exploring the area, then that's good.
Hi friend!
I've carefully chosen things that do not require pre booking online. There were attractions in Dublin that I considered, but I set them aside because I had to pay on the website in advance.
I'll be excited and fine "on adrenaline". If my wife or daughter seem like this is a bit much, I'll adjust "on the fly"....BUT....both "my girls" are pros at sleeping on the plane. I've built in breaks. We sit on the tram at the beginning...toward the end of the day we sit on a bench in a park. Then we sit on a tram to head toward the dinner restaurant. I'll think they'll be fine.
Remember we've flown to Singapore / Indonesia. This flight to Ireland is relatively short compared to flying to Asia.
Thanks again and have a great day! :)

Last edited:

erstwo

So exciting! I am the opposite of @MinnieM123 in that I must (MUST) always keep moving on day 1 when I fly east from the US. It’s the best and only way to reset my clock and prevent jet lag for me.
I’ve never been to Ireland but I bet your trip will be amazing.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
So exciting! I am the opposite of @MinnieM123 in that I must (MUST) always keep moving on day 1 when I fly east from the US. It’s the best and only way to reset my clock and prevent jet lag for me.
I’ve never been to Ireland but I bet your trip will be amazing.
Thanks for posting. 😎 Be on the look out for a separate thread I will create to allow me to share photos from Ireland.

trr1

August 9th

* View attachment 639701

not much longer 8 days and counting

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom