My Own 25th Anniversary - A Particular Question

guardianmonkey

This year marks the 25th anniversary of my first trip to Disney World. I also celebrate my own 40th birthday and my grandmother's 80th. Before COVID, I had started making some big plans; bringing all my family back together in order to recreate our first trip 25 years ago! Unfortunately, well, we all know.

Anyway, I'm a happy Florida-resident now and am still feeling the urge to hit at least the Magic Kingdom this year. I visited the parks fairly regularly prior to the shutdown but haven't been back since, the anxiety just being a bit too much for me. But I'm willing to tough it out if my dad can make it here and I would really love to capture some then-and-now moments. One picture I have is of my father and I coming down Splash Mountain.

My question is do any of you know if Log #13 happens to still be in service? Or if the logs are even still numbered and includes #13 in regular rotation? That just so happens to be the number of the log that we originally rode on and is featured prominently in the picture.

And would the ride operators be able to accommodate a specific request like wanting to wait for a particular log? I think it would be a hoot but I also see how it could cause logistical problems or bother overall. I try to stay out of the way as much as possible!

princess13

It’s definitely possible! I used to work at splash and still have friends who work there. What I would do is ask a coordinator at the attraction if #13 is in service that day (they rotate the logs) and explain your story to them. If the log is in service, and the coordinator is willing to accommodate you, they would likely bring you through the exit and have you wait in station until it comes in. Just keep in mind (as I’m sure you know) it is a request so it’s not guaranteed to happen, but you can always ask and hope that they are able to make that magic for you! Hope that helps!!

Upvote 0

guardianmonkey

Original Poster
It’s definitely possible! I used to work at splash and still have friends who work there. What I would do is ask a coordinator at the attraction if #13 is in service that day (they rotate the logs) and explain your story to them. If the log is in service, and the coordinator is willing to accommodate you, they would likely bring you through the exit and have you wait in station until it comes in. Just keep in mind (as I’m sure you know) it is a request so it’s not guaranteed to happen, but you can always ask and hope that they are able to make that magic for you! Hope that helps!!
Thanks so much! I am a very low key visitor when I'm in the parks -- I try to stay out of people's way and not ask for anything special. So this is a real oddity for me but one that seems more fun the more I think about it.

What is a coordinator at a ride? Would that be one of the people at the front of the lines? Or would I need to contact someone elsewhere?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom