My Oscars watching plans.

epcotisbest

Original Poster
Ignore the hours and hours of pre-Oscar TV coverage, tune in at 8 P.M. for the opening musical number by Queen, then change the channel immediately afterward. Just sayin'.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Ignore the hours and hours of pre-Oscar TV coverage, tune in at 8 P.M. for the opening musical number by Queen, then change the channel immediately afterward. Just sayin'.

I heard that Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper were supposed to perform as well. Overall, I don't watch too much of the show, because I don't see many movies during the year.

But I do like the coverage before the Oscars, because that's when you get to see all the fashions on the Red Carpet. That's a fun diversion from the daily routine . . . ;)

epcotisbest

Original Poster
Well, my plans fell through and I did not get to watch Queen. I read they did We Will Rock You and We Are The Champions. Seems like an odd choice seeing as how Bohemian Rhapsody was the name of the movie and arguably their most famous song, so I was thinking that would be the obvious choice of song, but what do I know?

CoasterSnoop

I tune in because it's funny to laugh at Hollywood.

It's a sin that Bohemian Rhapsody won as many categories as it did and that The Favourite won one. And that Black Panther won Original Soundtrack over Isle of Dogs. And that they rudely cut off the Spider-Verse folks but let people who clearly had no idea what to say stay up there considerably longer. And that they gave as much time to Tina Fey and Amy Poehler's garbage "comedy" routine as they did. And that Suspiria wasn't nominated for anything.

But hey, other than that, it was pretty good, it was. I mean, it just wouldn't be as entertaining if it wasn't a complete self-righteous disaster, that's what I watch it for! Still, no host was way better than Jimmy Kimmel as host.

HouCuseChickie

While I didn't get to see it all, I watch for really one reason...the fashion. I really don't care who is wearing it and don't need to hear all of the interviews or speeches, but view it more as walking art. The Eli Saab Haute Couture gown worn by Michelle Yeoh was the only thing I really liked...unless you count what Melissa McCarthy wore for handing out Best Costume Design. Hey, what can I say? I appreciate a person who can pull off a train covered in plush bunnies.

epcotisbest

Original Poster
While I didn't get to see it all, I watch for really one reason...the fashion. I really don't care who is wearing it and don't need to hear all of the interviews or speeches, but view it more as walking art. The Eli Saab Haute Couture gown worn by Michelle Yeoh was the only thing I really liked...unless you count what Melissa McCarthy wore for handing out Best Costume Design. Hey, what can I say? I appreciate a person who can pull off a train covered in plush bunnies.

So out of curiosity I did a google search for the bunny dress. Now that is funny.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Well, my plans fell through and I did not get to watch Queen. I read they did We Will Rock You and We Are The Champions. Seems like an odd choice seeing as how Bohemian Rhapsody was the name of the movie and arguably their most famous song, so I was thinking that would be the obvious choice of song, but what do I know?

I loved the opening performance--they got the crowd up on their feet. Didn't see too much of the Oscars beyond that.

Tony the Tigger

My guess: Too long and too difficult, unless very edited, and then why bother?

I watched. It was fine. Better with a host.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom