my ms paint california adventure hollywood land redo

J4546

Original Poster
its pretty terrible but i made it fairly quick on ms paint so bear with me. This is also using the eastern gateway parking structure/pedestrian bridge plans so here goes...

the entire land maintains its 30s/40s hollywood vibe, but it acts as California Adventures version of fantasy land. And thats awesome cause hollywood is realities version of fantasy land.

Anyways....sunset is now Broadway and is lined with old theaters with beautiful neon theater signs marked by yellow dots on the colored boxes....which themselves are dark ride showbuilding spots. Hence the DR desgnation. There are 5 darkrides and 1 major e-ticket (i decided muppets lol) the other darkrides range in size of mermaid/pooh/new spiderman down to classic fantasyland size. All of this is a rough draft of course, things can be changed. The food is a small food option, something like a cafe but with a large greenspace of outdoor seating hence the green area abve it. The Trolley railcar maintenance building has been relocated as seen by red box and new track connect it directly to the hollywood blvd. Possible passing through a cool trolley station facade when entering the park. What else....oh yeah I had to tear down and relocate the hyperion theater lol. No biggie right? Moved it down to create room for new road, the customer outload area is now triangular in shape, and hugs the GotG building and has remnants of an old stark building that was vaporized when the collectors warehouse showed up. Oh yeah and city facade work on theater/art of animation building walls leading to/from avenger campus. Green and grey lines on perimeter are trees and roads, respectively. Oh and a new rerouted tracks and monorail station that drops you right in front of both entrances

So, in summary, entire land is old school hollywood/broadway feel with ornate theater facade/signage that act as entrances to rides within. No rides are themed with facade work, They just say NOW PLAYING: DICK TRACY or whatever the ride is so they are flexible. Id like 1 or 2 of the buildings ride theming to be changed out every 3-5 years to align with major tentpole movie releases. 6 dark rides, food, new theater, new trolley track layout...pretty simple right?

Attachments

• hollywoodland1.jpg
    hollywoodland1.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 64

MickeyMouse10

Interesting, what were you thinking when it comes to rides?

Out of the box, but how about "Bolt"? It's about a stunt dog from Hollywood, who thinks he's got powers. Sure it didn't make a huge amount, but it did at least decent at the Box Office.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom