My Love For Disney is Being Tested Today

• Thread starter Deleted member 107043
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 107043

Original Poster
Disney World offers adult 'Character Couture' makeovers for grown-up princesses

Dear Disney,

I love you, but why oh why do you keep pandering to the masses with this embarrassing junk? I mean I know why, but could you please show some restraint? I imagine it's just a matter of time before this comes to Anaheim.

Please stop. Please.

Kind regards,

Hans

Before:

Screenshot_20180705-140539_Gallery.jpg

After:

Screenshot_20180705-140351_Gallery.jpg

I can't. 😢

CoreNovawarAMM

I can understand why some people wouldn’t care for this, but I personally like the idea of having my makeup done and playing “dress-up” as an adult. Like the article itself says, it’s known as “Disneybounding” by hardcore Disney fans. I’ve always thought it would be fun to get a Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boutique makeover, but sadly I’m not young enough to qualify. This option is a fun way to get a specialty hair-and-makeup look done by a professional, so that it looks great with a Disneybound outfit.
Granted, everyone has their own opinion about this topic.

Rich T

Luckily, this is at Walt Disney World, not Disneyland- so it's not something that the west coast has to worry about yet.

Which begs the question, why was this shared here and not the WDW forums? Is this rumored to be coming to the DLR?
Because we like to share the best of the worst Disney news with one another here. And making fun of Florida is a California pastime. :D

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Luckily, this is at Walt Disney World, not Disneyland- so it's not something that the west coast has to worry about yet.

Which begs the question, why was this shared here and not the WDW forums? Is this rumored to be coming to the DLR?

Just wait, it'll come to DLR soon enough. However that being said I don't see an issue with it. Disney fans have been dressing up as their favorite characters for what seems like decades now. From Disney Bounding (using regular clothes through style and color to represent a Disney character) to straight up Disney Cosplay, its more of a common occurrence than most here realize. So why shouldn't Disney make it official, control it a bit more, and cash in on it all at the same time.

And deep down what woman doesn't want to feel like a princess (or queen) for at least a day.

D

Deleted member 107043

Original Poster
I can understand why some people wouldn’t care for this, but I personally like the idea of having my makeup done and playing “dress-up” as an adult.

My issue with it isn't that adults are playing dress up... well yeah, I do have an issue with that... but really what bothers me is how BAD the makeovers are. I've seen amateur drag queens do better Disney characters. People are paying to look like that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Wait, what happened to Disney's policy of not allowing costumed guests in the park because it would confuse people and lead to character look-alikes behaving out of character in front of children and people asking the wrong people for autographs and blah blah blah...

Oh, right...the Mouse smelled money. 'Nuff said.

Its like the princess makeovers in Bibbidi bobbidi boutique, they don't make them up enough to look like the actual character. Just enough to get the princess effect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom