My idea for a Mira Costa like venice themed hotel in Epcot

J4546

Original Poster
im bored, look what i made in ms paint. So heres the general idea, grey is pathways, blue is water, purple is hotel space, all hotel is facing inward toward the themed area of course. yellow is fake facade work to hide a new bigger backstage harbor to work on stuff and put Harmonious barges in between shows. the red is harbor backstage working area. I imagine a massive door that looks like the front of a building swinging out of the way to reveal the backstage harbor when barges need to be moved, then when closed looks like part of the hotel. the entrance is the green and grey pathway, green dictates plants and walls, something to hide the parking area, slight curve so you cant see the hotel from start and get a nice reveal when you come around corner. The brown square in hotel guest parking, hidden from view. i also had to slightly move the lower backstage road, closer to the river to attain maximum harbor room.

oih and if this was built you would move the italy pavilion food and shopping stuff to this new space and the it would be a new italy pavilion, thus freeing up the old italy pavilion and allowing something new (i suggest india)

Attachments

• epcoth.jpg
    epcoth.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 123

Movielover

im bored, look what i made in ms paint. So heres the general idea, grey is pathways, blue is water, purple is hotel space, all hotel is facing inward toward the themed area of course. yellow is fake facade work to hide a new bigger backstage harbor to work on stuff and put Harmonious barges in between shows. the red is harbor backstage working area. I imagine a massive door that looks like the front of a building swinging out of the way to reveal the backstage harbor when barges need to be moved, then when closed looks like part of the hotel. the entrance is the green and grey pathway, green dictates plants and walls, something to hide the parking area, slight curve so you cant see the hotel from start and get a nice reveal when you come around corner. The brown square in hotel guest parking, hidden from view. i also had to slightly move the lower backstage road, closer to the river to attain maximum harbor room.

oih and if this was built you would move the italy pavilion food and shopping stuff to this new space and the it would be a new italy pavilion, thus freeing up the old italy pavilion and allowing something new (i suggest india)
Not a bad concept. I like it.

MickeyMouse10

Interesting concept, with a great location.

The only question is why it would go in back of China? Wouldn't it be more appropriate to have a Chinese or German resort in this spot?

Last edited:

J4546

Original Poster
Interesting concept, with a great location.

The only question is why it would go in back of China? Wouldn't it be more appropriate to have a Chinese resort in this spot?
I wanted it to be the new Italy Pavillion so that we would gain a pavilion space as well as a hotel. Also it would be a great reveal moment when you turn that corner and see how massive the land is, with gondola boats going around it as a main ride. you could create a couple blocks of Venice back there even expand for an eticket

Also, the way this uses the Venice canal as backstage Harbour access and storage for harmonious barges works out well imo.

The Great Gonzo

I wanted it to be the new Italy Pavillion so that we would gain a pavilion space as well as a hotel. Also it would be a great reveal moment when you turn that corner and see how massive the land is, with gondola boats going around it as a main ride. you could create a couple blocks of Venice back there even expand for an eticket

Also, the way this uses the Venice canal as backstage Harbour access and storage for harmonious barges works out well imo.

Sounds cool, I'd love to see a new attraction come to Italy as well. It could be a Gondola or Luca themed one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom