My idea for a Frozen ride

Mike S

Original Poster
This is my first thread since joining the site and I hope you guys like it. For me, the only way to do this ride any justice is to go trackless. It just makes the most sense. The ride's exterior is Arendelle castle which will also hold a M&G for Anna & Elsa. After making your way through the line, which is made to almost perfectly mimic the castle's halls as seen in the movie, you come to the load station where you board your sleigh.

The ride's first show scene is where Elsa has just run away after revealing her powers and Anna (surrounded by other guests from the party like Hans and the Duke of Weaselton) is calling out for her to come back. You then glide out onto the fjord with projection effects on the floor making it seem like you're moving across water as it freezes just like Elsa in the movie. You pass by some ships along the way as well.

You then come to a snowy forest on the other side of the fjord. You get to a clearing and on your right you see a barn where Anna is asking Kristoff to help her on her journey. You continue forward and crash through Wandering Oaken's Trading Post and Sauna (Hoo Hoo, big summer blow out!!!). After leaving you make your way up the mountain and pass by several large ice formations. Then you see it, Elsa's ice castle.

The next show scene is the real showstopper and "WOW" moment of the ride. You enter the castle through a tunnel, already hearing Elsa singing "Let it Go", before going to the main room. The reason for this is because I want the scene to kind of "reveal" itself, similar to Cinderella Castle after rounding the corner on Main Street.

The moment you enter your jaw drops. Dazzling lights, projections, and other special effects made to mimic Elsa's magic envelope the entire space as she sings high on a pedestal in the center. The walls almost appear to be made of actual ice and are almost completely transparent. The room itself is big enough to hold several ride vehicles as they "dance" around Elsa in the center. When one leaves the room, another comes in, and so on.

After leaving the scene you run into Olaf who says "Hey guys, I think we lost old Marshmallow back there"!! Marshmallow then emerges to which Olaf replies "Hey!!! We were just talking about you!! All good things , all good things" :hilarious:. You escape before Marshmallow attacks and make your way down the mountain.

The next scene has you enter where the trolls live and see the Grandpa troll telling Anna and Kristoff how Anna's heart was frozen by Elsa and how only an act of true love can save her.

You then make a mad dash back to Arendelle. You are now surrounded by screens simulating a snow storm amplified by chilling wind and mist effects. As you make it back you see Elsa crying over the loss of her sister with Anna appearing to be completely frozen. In one last grand special effect, she unfreezes before your eyes. After this, you come to another area where everything is covered in ice and it too "unfreezes" to signal the return of summer.

When it comes to the finale scene, I'm thinking it could be similar to Mermaid. Where Anna, Elsa, Kristoff and even Sven bid you farewell. There could also be some last lines from Olaf similar to Scuttle.
Well, that's my idea. I would like to hear what you guys think and how it could possibly be improved. Thanks for reading :)

MrDee

Absolutely love it!!....and I thought MY mind was cluttered with too many daydreams like this. My favorite part of your idea is Anna unfreezing before your very eyes. After seeing the new Seven Dwarf animatronic capabilities, I could see this as a very "do-able" task.

Mike S

Original Poster
Absolutely love it!!....and I thought MY mind was cluttered with too many daydreams like this. My favorite part of your idea is Anna unfreezing before your very eyes. After seeing the new Seven Dwarf animatronic capabilities, I could see this as a very "do-able" task.
Thank you very much!!!! :) I've been thinking the unfreezing effects could be done through clever use of projection mapping similar to the show projected on to Cinderella Castle but really I have no idea as I have no experience with this lol. I'm mostly just an idea guy.

Kman101

Great ideas!

So much can be done with Frozen yet they want to take the cheap way out and overlay a ride that doesn't need to be gutted. Just sort of spits on both attractions, IMO.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom