My hubby 1st trip

AlanaH

Hello all,

I have been to WDW many times, but this is my hubby 1st trip. We are in are 60"s so Splash Mountain are
off:) Do you have any ideas on making this a Magical trip?

Thanks!

wendysue

Spend some time showing him the whole area. Take boat rides to explore the resorts and the boat from HS to Epcot. If you are staying on site, be spontaneous and get on the first bus that shows up at the resort and go from there. Wander around all the nooks and crannies and maybe you will find a few places you haven't seen yourself. We have met some interesting people having a cocktail at the Tune-In Lounge at HS. If he likes to golf, try Fantasia Gardens. Hubby really enjoyed that. It's about taking in the sounds and sights and really enjoying your time, not just running from ride to ride. My husband and I have been going ourselves for several years with no kids and always find something new on each trip. Enjoy....

Upvote 0

zurgandfriend

I'm a 60 something male and I love WDW. You have lot's of things to see and do Mickey's Philharmagic,Country Bears, and all the other less intense attractions including CoP, I remember so many things from my childhood in the 3rd segment. There is lot's of great dining and ofcourse just relaxing. In the evening Cirque du Soleil, or Hoop De Doo revue might also be fun.

Upvote 0

SMS55

Unless you or your husband have any physical limitations don't rule out many rides. Most Disney coasters are not that intense. Rockin Roller Coaster and Space Mountain can be a little intense, but Big Thunder and Splash aren't bad at all. Splash other than the big drop isn't bad and the drop is pretty tame.

Upvote 0

seahawk7

Spend some time showing him the whole area. Take boat rides to explore the resorts and the boat from HS to Epcot. If you are staying on site, be spontaneous and get on the first bus that shows up at the resort and go from there. Wander around all the nooks and crannies and maybe you will find a few places you haven't seen yourself. We have met some interesting people having a cocktail at the Tune-In Lounge at HS. If he likes to golf, try Fantasia Gardens. Hubby really enjoyed that. It's about taking in the sounds and sights and really enjoying your time, not just running from ride to ride. My husband and I have been going ourselves for several years with no kids and always find something new on each trip. Enjoy....
I couldn't have said it better!

Upvote 0

seahawk7

Also, visit AKL and Boardwalk resorts. The Art of Animation where you can draw characters is fun for every age, and HS is usually a favorite of 60+ guests for the nostalgia. Go to 50s Prime Time Cafe and eat at the bar or go in and get a peanut butter and jelly shake. Toy Story is a favorite of my Dad's and even the theming in line brings back good memories. At Animal Kingdom, the Festival of the Lion King is like a Broadway show. And World Showcase is really nice to wander during the day and see the Chinese acrobats and Taiko drummers then walk through the International Gateway to the Boardwalk resort and have dinner at Flying Fish Cafe. The lights on the Boardwalk at night are very romantic.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbell397

I don't think you said when you are going....you also did not say what he is interested in or what kind of food he likes to eat. My husband and I love to go to Disney now that the kids are grown and married. We stay onsite and go into the park if we want to and don't if we don't want to...although I must confess that we visit at least on park every day. Go slow....especially if you are going during the hot weather months. He will get turned off if you rush in the Florida heat. Visit the monorail resorts...take a bus from the CB to the MK and hop the monorail. Make breakfast reservations at The Kona Cafe or The Grand Floridian Cafe. Take the boat from the MK to The Wilderness Lodge. Dinner at Artist Point can be romantic and delicious. Tickets for La Nouba ae a very good idea. Enjoy a pub meal at Raglan Road before the show. Check out www.allears.net for menus at all the restaurants. Have a Magical Trip! :cat:

Upvote 0

HRHPrincessAriel

Unless you or your husband have any physical limitations don't rule out many rides. Most Disney coasters are not that intense. Rockin Roller Coaster and Space Mountain can be a little intense, but Big Thunder and Splash aren't bad at all. Splash other than the big drop isn't bad and the drop is pretty tame.
ditto. My dad is 64 a plans on taking my will be 4 year old on all the 40" rides

Upvote 0

olinecoach61

There are some great tours, like keys to the kingdom, there is also fishing excursions, you can rent boats from the marina of the poly and cruise on your own, there is a lot of things to do.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

I wouldn't let age stop you from doing anything (unless you just don't enjoy certain kinds of attractions)! On our last visit with my 70-year-old aunt, she insisted on doing every last thing, and loved it (and emerged physically unscathed). If you want to avoid herky-jerky roughness, I'd recommend steering clear of Expedition Everest, Primeval Whirl, Dinosaur, Rock 'n' Rollercoaster and Space Mountain -- everything else, including the other "Mountains," is quite tame in the roughness category.

However, even if you avoid every fast-moving ride, you'll find you have more to do and see than you can possibly cover! The beauty of WDW is that there are so many things for all ages. Ride the WDW Railroad. Explore Tom Sawyer Island. Shop and dine at Downtown Disney. Tour World Showcase. Take in all of the shows at Hollywood Studios. For something really magical, schedule a fancy, romantic dinner at one of the resorts on the monorail or ferry boat lines.

Upvote 0

kasey1988

I would recommend exploring world showcase, dinner somewhere on the boardwalk (we love flying fish), carriage ride at port orleans or fort wilderness, cirque du soleil and watching the eat shows within the parks!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

kasi22

Go to the hotel from the Disney All Star Sports is very cheap and fun for everyone, because there all the rooms and especially the environment is amazing and great for the tourist and the rooms mite not be together, and have fun!!

Upvote 0

nngrendel

Thank-you all. Romantic Carriage ride, do you happen to know ware it is?
http://www.wdwmagic.com/recreation/horse-drawn-carriage-ride.htm

Here is the link. Cant remember how much it cost but we went shopping at Downtown. After shopping we took the boat transport to Riverside which is very close where you start the carriage ride. Be sure to make advanced reservations and bring cash. After that we rode back to Downtown did a little more shopping and then rode the bus back to POP. Boat ride was very nice after the sun went down.

Upvote 0

littlered

my granny was 86 on her last visit and I got to ride Expedition Everest with her, unless you don't like the big rides I say go for it. Otherwise just enjoy the things you like and take it slow. We are in our 40s and love the rides but have gotten to the point on our multiple trips that we like to take a slower pace and enjoy the little things.

Have fun!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom