My Disney Honeymoon.

Deku Scrub

Original Poster
Hi everyone!
I am very new, my name is Rachel and I live in Christchurch New Zealand.

Long story short; one day a few years ago browsing the internet for no real reason, came across the Disney cruise line and we talked about how much we would love to do that. Then me, being a little over the top as I usually am, decided that since the Panama Canal cruises start/finish in California & Florida and since both of those states have a Disney park, wouldn't it be cool to do everything!? Then 2 years later we got engaged and we thought, why not make it the honeymoon?!
We know it's a lot of Disney to cram into 4 weeks, but living so very far away from the magic means we will really only get this opportunity once to do it all and do it big.
We are getting married March 2016 and I know all the itineraries for the cruises in 2016 aren't out yet (fingers crossed they keep the Panama one! If not, we'll come up with something else.) But all going according to plan (again, fingers crossed.) We would fly to California, do 4 or 5 days in Disneyland, then do the 14/15 day cruise to Florida and spend about a week at Disney World. (With a day out for Universal.)
We want to stay at the resort both times. We each have a wee checklist of things we want to see, rides we want to do, places we want to eat etc.

So I definitely need some advice, neither of us have ever Disney-ed before. Has anyone booked a land & sea package before? What was it like? Have I given myself enough time at both the parks? How do you go about getting from Disney to Universal? I assume there's plenty of public transport floating around, but we're very new at this. Are there any specifically "honeymoon-ish" things we can do?
And worst case senario, if the Panama Canal cruise is not happening in 2016, what is my next best option? It doesn't need to take us from park to park, we can always fly.

Thanks in advance
Rachel. ( :

CAPTAIN HOOK

Firstly, Welcome aboard. That is quite some plan you've got !!!
and spend about a week at Disney World. (With a day out for Universal.)
WDW could be done in 6 days (with the 7th at Universal) but I think you need to decide how much of WDW you want to do. MK and EPCOT are both two day parks, DHS should take another day and then there's AK as well. That's your 6 days and you've not touched DownTown Disney (unless you cram it into an evening after AK, plus you may want to consider revisiting some of the parks to experience your favourite attractions again. What I'm trying to say here is you may be pushed to do WDW properly in 6 days, you may wish to reconsider your Universal visit (afterall, they have two parks and this may need two days to do properly).
I assume there's plenty of public transport floating around
If you decide to go then easiest would be a taxi or renting a car (rental would be the dearer option)

Disnee4Me

Welcome Rachel and I'd say you probably don't need 4-5 days in Disneyland (3 should do it) and if possible try to add a day or two more to WDW (because you'll probably need a day of down time ... it's so massive). What a great adventure you are planning ... truly once in a lifetime and I wish you the very best!! ~Lisa aka Disnee4me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom