My Disney Experience system status and outages watch

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
This thread is to report any system issues with My Disney Experience that may help others who are experiencing issues related to system issues with the app and website.

Remember, WDWMAGIC is not an official Disney website, and as such, anything reported here is unofficial and is intended only to help others by collecting information.

Please only post any outages and issues. Any discussion or requests for help should be made at Using MyMagic+, FastPass+ and My Disney Experience

The_Jobu

I continue to get the error message:

We are temporarily unable to display your entire Itinerary.
The plans on this page may be incomplete.

However, things have been improving. Most of my cancelled reservations are off the itinerary, there are still some odd things here and there missing, such as party details. I haven't reached my fastpass window yet so I can't say how that's doing.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

First - THANK YOU MODS for creating this thread... :).

Now, if what I'm going to post does NOT fit? Feel free to delete it. It's likely incomplete, and OTHER folks may wish to add to this?

"Understanding the WDW Computer System - and how to protect yourself when it Croaks".

1) There IS no single "computer system". There are SEVERAL...
a) ME has a separate, non-Disney system that can only TALK to the Disney System when things work. ME is run by MEARS, under contract. SIGNS OF FAILURE - no MDE. SOLUTION: Contact MEARS directly (Data Below).
b) EACH HOTEL has a LOCAL Computer system, concerned with KeyLocks, Room assignment, and room billing. Again, these need to be able to TALK to the Central WDW Computer system. SIGNS OF FAILURE - MB works EVERYWHERE (even Hotel Restaurants), except on Keylocks. SOLUTION: Please do NOT "reprogram" a MB, if it works everywhere else :(. Ask for Hotel room Keycards. "Reprogramming" at the Hotel is a PUSH to the Central System, that can mess up everything ELSE your MB can do :(.
c) EACH RESTAURANT has a LOCAL Computer System dealing with THAT DAYS Reservations. These ALSO need to talk to the Main WDW system. SIGNS OF FAILURE - "We don't have your Reservation". SOLUTION: PRINT and CARRY all MDE Reservation numbers. Always be ready to present these (more data below).
d) PARKS appear to have individual entry systems. We have seen issues with entry at ONE Park, that does not carry over to ANOTHER Park. Again, every Park needs to be able to TALK to the Main WDW Computer system.

The above MIGHT sound negative. It isn't. It's a very GOOD design, referred to as "distributed computing". If the CENTRAL System fails, smaller individual systems can still function, for a while. So - you can enter parks, but your MB won't open your door. All of your RESTAURANT stuff works, but ME never heard of you. It's as though "parts" of MDE are dead :). Yup, there is a downside to "distributed computing"

Now, everyone's head is exploding, and you never wanted to be a Computer Architect :). No problem - WDW seems to lack one of these as well :).

So WHAT to do?

1) RIGHT OFF - about 3 days before vacation.... hit the OFFICIAL WDW Website. LOG IN. Hit "My Reservations" (when it's working). Now, PRINT THE WHOLE THING - both as PAPER that you can carry, and as a PDF that you can load onto your CELL PHONE. Boom - you have a copy of EVERY Reservation number. TAKE THIS WITH YOU.
2) When there is an issue? PRESENT that Res number. And be prepared to CALL The Phone CMs are wonderful. Not always, but often, they can crack into a failed system, and correct LOST Data. But they NEED that Res Number.

Now - reference PHONE NUMBERS - please, KEEP these on your Cell Phone:
1) MEARS TRANSPORTATION: (855) 463 2776. When ME fails? CALL - have your MAIN WDW Reservation Number. These people are STUNNING.

2) Walt Disney World/Customer service (407) 939-5277. Yup, it's gonna take a while. But the PHONE CMs are stunning. HAVE YOUR MAIN RESERVATION NUMBER,

There is probably more, that I can't recall right now. But this is the CRITICAL stuff. The WDW Computer "system" is not just ONE system. When you see "MDE"? You are looking at an illusion. One can cobble together a Web Site that LOOKS coherent, but actually tries to operate off of everything from modern technology, to 1970's IBM Mainframes.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

is it just the app thats not working well?

MDE on my computer has been working fine..

ETA- i never use the app.i always write down all my info from MDE and leave the phone locked up in my hotel room
Glad you asked this.... At any given time, "My Disney Experience" can become a BAD experience, depending on the BROWSER you are using.

So right off? Change Browsers. Do NOT "dump cookies". One day CHROME will work, next day IE, next day Firefox... who knows?

WHY this occurs: MDE is a MESS of "if ie11, if Chrome, if Mobile, if Firefox". Tech guys? Do a "view source" :). With all of the JAVAScript, and CSS? This thing is trying to be a poor man's Artificial Intelligence System :(. Depending on the day, and lack of Operating Discipline? Any (or all) browsers may break :(.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

DisneyMann

I still can't get in no matter what. Keeps saying my email/password don't match. Been three weeks.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it also doesn't work on our laptop.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

NEW DATA...

Today (10-1-2018).... to get to a log in page, hit "My Magic Bands and Cards", or anything OTHER than "My Disney Experience".

Now - PRINTING RES NUMBERS has gotten nastier... You will need to print TWICE - once for "Daily Itinerary", once for "Tickets & Memory Maker". Main page does NOT "show" you what it says it will... either PLANS, or TICKETS.

"Tickets & Memory Maker" provides NO Confirmation numbers. CALL CALL CALL.

New "Plans and Tickets" has no "print view". When in doubt? PAGE CAPTURE as a series of JPGs.

Once again - MAJOR change, no advance notification, no Change Control:(. Unprofessional :(.

Majority of underlying Website (things like "Dining") - unchanged.

PLEASE - if you do not have printed confirmation numbers for everything? GET THEM, for your own protection. CARRY these, on paper, and as a PDF on your Cell Phone? MDE is an unstable website... anything could change without notice, at any time :(.

Last edited:

James J

In the Parks
No
I quite like the new version and layout of MDE, as does my other half. It's working fine for us too.

The_Jobu

NEW DATA...

Today (10-1-2018).... to get to a log in page, hit "My Magic Bands and Cards", or anything OTHER than "My Disney Experience".

Now - PRINTING RES NUMBERS has gotten nastier... You will need to print TWICE - once for "Daily Itinerary", once for "Tickets & Memory Maker". Main page does NOT "show" you what it says it will... either PLANS, or TICKETS.

"Tickets & Memory Maker" provides NO Confirmation numbers. CALL CALL CALL.

New "Plans and Tickets" has no "print view". When in doubt? PAGE CAPTURE as a series of JPGs.

Once again - MAJOR change, no advance notification, no Change Control:(. Unprofessional :(.

Majority of underlying Website (things like "Dining") - unchanged.

PLEASE - if you do not have printed confirmation numbers for everything? GET THEM, for your own protection. CARRY these, on paper, and as a PDF on your Cell Phone? MDE is an unstable website... anything could change without notice, at any time :(.

I'm getting worried about the reservation numbers getting harder to find.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
In lieu of printing everything, do a screen capture on your phone. This way the reservation numbers are just a picture on your phone and not only doesn't require pinging the central computer, but doesn't even require your phone to have a wireless connection.

If on your computer, your can use a snipping tool to capture a picture of your reservation number. Then paste it into an email and email it to yourself. Look at the email on your phone, click or long-press on the snip and save it locally on your phone.

Paperless proof.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
The new site will take some getting used to, but for those looking for confirmation numbers, it appears they are split. When you first go to the "My Plans" page, you'll see your confirmation numbers for resort and ADRs (along with fastpasses). There is a nondescript area where you can click on "Tickets & Memory Maker" that will show you your tickets (both park tickets and ticketed events like MVMCP) along with Memory Maker:

1538525697231.png

But I cannot agree more with the Swordmaker and the Penguin - print or screencap everything. Hopefully all of the frustration for the past month has been related to this rollout. We shall see...

LauraRose

MDE app was not showing any of our reservations or tickets, checked desktop and showing our room but no tickets. I’ve deleted and re downloaded the app which all seems to be there but it’s saying dining reservations can only be made over the phone.

Mjt5126

Heading to WDW next Weds. I am having no issues with website on desktop or the website on my iPhone but the app is basically useless. It continues to show my old fast pass reservations even when I refresh. I have deleted the app and reinstalled several times and they are still showing. Not sure if anyone has any suggestions? I am thinking I am probably best off just using the website through safari when I am at the park.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Heading to WDW next Weds. I am having no issues with website on desktop or the website on my iPhone but the app is basically useless. It continues to show my old fast pass reservations even when I refresh. I have deleted the app and reinstalled several times and they are still showing. Not sure if anyone has any suggestions? I am thinking I am probably best off just using the website through safari when I am at the park.

I think the last time I heard of someone having that problem they had to call to get them removed. Corrupted data is corrupted. It's in your best interest to make sure it's fixed and doesn't become worse by calling.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom