My Disney Experience system status and outages watch

Plowboy

Somewhat related to MDE, we had our account frozen earlier this week. Tried to sign in and got a message that said (and I'm paraphrasing) because we hadn't "signed-in" in awhile we had to reset our password. Never mind the fact that I'd made dining reservations 4 days before. I went round and round for hours. First it was emails from Disney that when I clicked on the prompt to reset it said I'd been taken to an expired link. Then it was the tech guy who directed me to reset my password through ESPN because it was much easier than the Disney website. Same emails as I got from Disney with the same result. Then it was the folksy guy who said he'd take care of it by "immediately" getting me to someone who could take care of the problem. An hour and a quarter late I called again on another phone line while I was still on hold on the original one and got my third cast member of the morning. I explained my problem through somewhat clenched teeth and he said he would contact the correct department for me "immediately". Lo and behold my "original line" that I had been holding for 75 minutes on was answered by a fourth cast member who helped me out within 2 minutes. The nice lady told me I could do a password reset through MDE and I responded that I'd love to except I can't log in. She said she couldn't understand why I hadn't been sent an e-mail to just reset my password. I got the new e-mail and I was back in business. In all my years of Disney I've never been bounced around like that. Four hours of my life I'll never get back...

Cesar R M

Hey folks, anyone having issues?
My Magic says I have my tickets linked to my account and my name. But everytime I try to select ANY park, despite availability in green. It says that "you do not have valid park tickets".

Sans Souci

Hey folks, anyone having issues?
My Magic says I have my tickets linked to my account and my name. But everytime I try to select ANY park, despite availability in green. It says that "you do not have valid park tickets".
Are you trying to book a park within the range of dates you've purchased your tickets? For example, your tickets are good for October 13-17, but you're trying to book a park for the 12th or the 18 (totally hypothetical dates)?

Cesar R M

Are you trying to book a park within the range of dates you've purchased your tickets? For example, your tickets are good for October 13-17, but you're trying to book a park for the 12th or the 18 (totally hypothetical dates)?
Yes. anyway it cleared out. I think they are near capacity on certain days already. I noticed there are yellow warnings with MK not available on Oct1 and Epcot on the 2nd.

Superman68

Is anyone else getting this? I called and they said the have an issue with the app and where working on an upgrade to correct.

Attachments

• 252089FB-BA98-4651-8452-DBBC10002B3E.png
    252089FB-BA98-4651-8452-DBBC10002B3E.png
    85.9 KB · Views: 117

RoadiJeff

I'm having the same issue.
Check to be sure that the date(s) you are selecting are within the ticket window that you purchased. For instance, I purchased a three-day ticket and tried to move one of my park days from Sunday to Friday but it said that I did not have a valid park ticket. The issue was that my three-day ticket window was valid from Sun-Thu, not Friday. You selected the starting day of your ticket when you purchased it.

IDSkinner

Check to be sure that the date(s) you are selecting are within the ticket window that you purchased. For instance, I purchased a three-day ticket and tried to move one of my park days from Sunday to Friday but it said that I did not have a valid park ticket. The issue was that my three-day ticket window was valid from Sun-Thu, not Friday. You selected the starting day of your ticket when you purchased it.
Thanks. Yes, I had picked the same dates. Oddly, my wife scanned her ticket at the same time and she's able to reserve the park for all six of us and when I tried to do it all but one showed 'invalid tickets' including mine. I tried the chat feature hours ago, but have not received a response as of yet.

IDSkinner

Thanks. Yes, I had picked the same dates. Oddly, my wife scanned her ticket at the same time and she's able to reserve the park for all six of us and when I tried to do it all but one showed 'invalid tickets' including mine. I tried the chat feature hours ago, but have not received a response as of yet.
update. All my fault. It's been years since I'd been to DW and had an old email address linked, so it's all on me. Disney chat helped fix the issue. So....nevermind.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

MrMichaelJames

Disney World experiencing a digital service outage impacting 'My Disney Experience' and Disney Genie​

Pretty big AWS outage going on right now. This is probably the cause. Many things are breaking right now in US-East1 region (virginia).

jeanericuser001

Well this is comforting in a way. The more problems disney sees with the app the more they may rethink using the app in favor of an onsite in park locations from within the network itself. This will likely lead to the return of the kiosks for making fast pass reservations. This way people will need to be on site to book which could cut back on superfulous reservations that flood the system before anyone has a chance to book normally.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom