My Disney Experience Mobile Order for restaurants now live

Rob562

Yep it is, and D-Luxe Burger in Disney Springs.

It would be nice to seem them add some more Epcot and Magic Kingdom locations but I guess that will come in time.

How are people getting on with it? Looking at trying it out in October when we visit.

What MK Counter Service locations aren't included? Apart from Be Our Guest, everything else "counter service" is more of a snack counter. (Maybe Casey's, but again, that's closer to a snack counter than a full-service counter service)

As for Epcot, most World Showcase locations aren't operated by Disney so they aren't included. (Which is why the Yak & Yeti counter service isn't included in AK) The only remaining Disney-operated counter service at Epcot is Sunshine Seasons, and I don't see how that would work logistically without some kind of remodel.

-Rob

Riddick

What MK Counter Service locations aren't included? Apart from Be Our Guest, everything else "counter service" is more of a snack counter. (Maybe Casey's, but again, that's closer to a snack counter than a full-service counter service)

As for Epcot, most World Showcase locations aren't operated by Disney so they aren't included. (Which is why the Yak & Yeti counter service isn't included in AK) The only remaining Disney-operated counter service at Epcot is Sunshine Seasons, and I don't see how that would work logistically without some kind of remodel.

-Rob

That's a good point actually on the MK ones, having reminded myself of what's there you're quite right!
It would be nice to see Be Our Guest added though for the online pre-order, not entirely sure how that would work though. I guess it would have to check if you had a reservation or something.

A shame on the Epcot ones, I hadn't realised that a lot of them weren't operated by Disney. You'd hope they'll find a way to make it work but I won't hold my breath.

Laura Fulton

I used online ordering at Cosmic Ray's during a busy dinner period on monday night, and it was amazing. Ordered our food walking toward tomorrowland, then clicked prepare food, walked up and our food was ready moments later. Sooo much better than waiting in line to order and get food. Have online ordered twice in Pandora. Now they need to figure out seating...enforcement of 'don't get a table till you have food in your hands'.

AndrewsJ

I used mobile order last night at Flametree in AK. I realize it in its infancy but the cast members seemed confused and not sure about what was going on. I received notification that my order was ready so I approached the window and had 2 different CM asking why I was just standing there since the register at that window wasn't opened. Pickup locations are not very well marked either except for a small sign on the counter. People in the regular line got their food much faster than I did using mobile order and were already seated by the time my order was ready. Hopefully it will get better but I will use the regular line until they have more time to work out the kinks.

AndrewsJ

That's a good point actually on the MK ones, having reminded myself of what's there you're quite right!
It would be nice to see Be Our Guest added though for the online pre-order, not entirely sure how that would work though. I guess it would have to check if you had a reservation or something.

A shame on the Epcot ones, I hadn't realised that a lot of them weren't operated by Disney. You'd hope they'll find a way to make it work but I won't hold my breath.
Preorder at Be Our Guest has been available for quite sometime now.

ColdSun

I really love the concept, I'm sure it'll be helpful in saving a lot of time standing in line. Just hoping that they'll add the option to pay with the Dining Plan soon. Fingers crossed.

disney4life2008

I used online ordering at Cosmic Ray's during a busy dinner period on monday night, and it was amazing. Ordered our food walking toward tomorrowland, then clicked prepare food, walked up and our food was ready moments later. Sooo much better than waiting in line to order and get food. Have online ordered twice in Pandora. Now they need to figure out seating...enforcement of 'don't get a table till you have food in your hands'.

I've only seen them enforce that during holidays. But even still it's hard to do. The reality, it's hot out and there is no other places to relax.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I am all for mobile order for quick serve, but I'm not sure I can get behind snack carts/locations. I mean are the lines ever really that long that we need to pull off an order station for mobile pickups? Now, tell me that they will deliver a mickey bar to me while I am lined up for the parade and you will have me sold.
I've seen waits of 30 mins for dole whip at Aloha Isle.

Rob562

I am all for mobile order for quick serve, but I'm not sure I can get behind snack carts/locations. I mean are the lines ever really that long that we need to pull off an order station for mobile pickups? Now, tell me that they will deliver a mickey bar to me while I am lined up for the parade and you will have me sold.

I'm for it if it'll get an ice cream cookie sandwich in my hands without the line at Sleepy Hollow...

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom