My Disney Experience Mobile Order for restaurants now live

ToTBellHop

I like this feature, but you still can't use your AP discounts when you mobile order. I would like to see this changed before I go in September. Otherwise, I will brave the regular line, unless it is insane.
I use a spreadsheet that lists discounts as not everywhere has them. Those that don't get mobile ordered. Via AllEars:
IMG_4472.PNG

IMG_4473.PNG

Kman101

It's one place where I applaud Disney for finding a way to produce a savings. If you want the wonderful experience of waiting 40 min. to order with toddlers running around, you still can. The rest of us can bypass the experience altogether. Waiting in line behind morons who can't read picture menus with five items on offer is neither fun nor nostalgic for me. I love Mobile Order, I just need them to integrate AP and DVC discounts.

I love the addition of mobile ordering. Now if only they could add bus times to the app. They added hotel check in ...

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I have yet to experience mobile ordering, but can see the benefits. I'm curious when they'll start rolling this out at DHS. Ordering at Backlot Express can be a nightmare. We like the place, but seating always seems to be tight. Maybe it's that a bunch of the seating is outside and people often want to sit inside and cool off...

Kman101

Have any of you guys done this in practice? I'd be most concerned about my food being hot and fresh.

You order it and then when you are ready, you press 'prepare my order' or something like that, so be ready to pick it up and eat. It's as fresh as it can be. They don't prepare it when you order it and leave it sitting all day. You have to tell them to 'prepare it'.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Have any of you guys done this in practice? I'd be most concerned about my food being hot and fresh.

I had the same concern. My understanding is you place your order via the app but you have to notify them, in the app, when you arrive. At that point, they prepare your order and notify you (somehow) when it's ready.

Cmdr_Crimson

Maccabee18

I had the same concern. My understanding is you place your order via the app but you have to notify them, in the app, when you arrive. At that point, they prepare your order and notify you (somehow) when it's ready.

My concern is the table availability. It was already an issue with people going to sit down and take up tables while families were in line ordering food, now there will be that and people waiting for the order pickup to be completed.

Anyone had issues with seating?

Weather_Lady

Can anyone who's done this tell me whether you can order iced water via mobile ordering? As ridiculous as it sounds, that's just about all I drink on property (at CS places, anyway), so if I still have to wait in line to order water, this service isn't going to save me any time - which would be a shame, as I'm otherwise excited to try it out.

Wouldn't it be cool if you could also order a Dole Whip this way? I realize there'd be little point in it for WDW in terms of labor-saving, but my goodness, that line always seems to take foooooorEEEEEEVER!!! ;)

ToTBellHop

Can anyone who's done this tell me whether you can order iced water via mobile ordering? As ridiculous as it sounds, that's just about all I drink on property (at CS places, anyway), so if I still have to wait in line to order water, this service isn't going to save me any time - which would be a shame, as I'm otherwise excited to try it out.

Wouldn't it be cool if you could also order a Dole Whip this way? I realize there'd be little point in it for WDW in terms of labor-saving, but my goodness, that line always seems to take foooooorEEEEEEVER!!! ;)
No you can't.

Kevin_W

Are Disney gift cards still excluded? That's my primary currency when at WDW.

Does it charge to the card on your account, or to the magic band? We frequently pay via magicband and then payoff the balance at the resort using gift cards.

Rob562

Does it charge to the card on your account, or to the magic band? We frequently pay via magicband and then payoff the balance at the resort using gift cards.

Currently just the card on the account. It's presumed (though not confirmed) that room charging and/or Dining Plan will be coming at some point after they've got it up and running at all restaurants.

-Rob

JaxFLBear

Is there any info on how far in advance you can place the order, or if you have to already have scanned your MB and entered the park? Also, what if you change your mind - can it be cancelled?
You can place the order from anywhere at anytime time during normal operating hours for the restaurant for pickup the same day. If the location serves breakfast and lunch/dinner, you will only be able to order breakfast during breakfast hours and lunch/dinner during lunch/dinner hours.

I believe you can cancel an order, but not 100% positive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom