My Disney Experience Mobile Order for restaurants now live

Biff215

At AK quick service locations, I assume you'd still have to go to the regular line to use TiW? Any word on whether Satu'li will accept the discount, or if quick service discounts will go away park-wide now?

Weather_Lady

I have mixed feelings -- I LOVE this idea, but I'm afraid Disney will screw it up, like pre-ordering online at Be Our Guest, which has never, ever worked properly when we've tried it. We preorder as instructed, we stand in line only to find out that our orders were "lost," and then have to stand in line to order again -- not only has it never saved us time and stress, it's added more time and stress!

breesus

I wonder why it has taken Disney so long to get this done? Lots of businesses have done this with much smaller budgets. There are a few things that are pushing this trend. One, people want things fast and want to waste as little time as possible acquiring it. Second, millennials always have their faces in a device of some sort. Not only does this make them a target for usage, but that same behavior has made them less inclined to be prepared to handle customer service in face to face situations. The next step after the app will be self serve kiosk. As a owner of several different franchise concepts I am all for it. For years, I never did self check out at large big box stores or self serve kiosk. I wanted to speak to a human. Six registers required 6 jobs not one person covering six like a self check out, but as my ability to hire or train customer service oriented employees became more difficult, I started to get on board with it. Now I will say that would have no problem if some how this trend could be reversed.

jaklgreen

I like this concept and wish we can do it for all counter service restaurants. Plus be able to apply and discount or dining plan. I think things would run much smoother then having to wait in lines. The problem with people now is they do not decide what they want before they get in line. They have their heads in their phones or are chit chatting instead of figuring out what the family wants. Then when they finally get to the register they turn around and ask, "what do you want?" from their 6 year old. Or just don't know for themselves. I am completely OK with skipping that mess.

correcaminos

I have mixed feelings -- I LOVE this idea, but I'm afraid Disney will screw it up, like pre-ordering online at Be Our Guest, which has never, ever worked properly when we've tried it. We preorder as instructed, we stand in line only to find out that our orders were "lost," and then have to stand in line to order again -- not only has it never saved us time and stress, it's added more time and stress!
Same with us! We stopped with BOG for that reason!

Kevin_W

Interesting - we've pre-ordered probably 3 times over the years and it worked great each time.

Weather_Lady

Interesting - we've pre-ordered probably 3 times over the years and it worked great each time.

I've read reviews that go both ways. Clearly it works sometimes and not others. We're 0-for-2 (and I know the issue wasn't on our end, as we completed everything through the "Thanks for Your Order!" screen, which confirmed that our order had been successfully submitted.) The most recent attempt was 6 months ago, meaning that even after a few years to get the kinks straightened out, there were still reliability issues with online ordering at Be Our Guest. I'm hoping the Avatarland version will fix the bugs, since it's service I'd love to make use of -- and be able to trust!

correcaminos

I've read reviews that go both ways. Clearly it works sometimes and not others. We're 0-for-2 (and I know the issue wasn't on our end, as we completed everything through the "Thanks for Your Order!" screen, which confirmed that our order had been successfully submitted.) The most recent attempt was 6 months ago, meaning that even after a few years to get the kinks straightened out, there were still reliability issues with online ordering at Be Our Guest. I'm hoping the Avatarland version will fix the bugs, since it's service I'd love to make use of -- and be able to trust!
Hopefully it is a whole other type of system that we're working with. Like you we have had zero luck with it at BOG but who knows, maybe next time (whenever that will be) we'll be lucky.

Very interesting. The question is, with the hundreds of people potentially using the app to order ahead of time and showing up around the same time to pick up their orders...how long will the wait be to get those orders? I have a feeling some bugs will have to worked out over time.

Weather_Lady

That's quite possible. Be careful when you criticize Disney in these forums. The loyalists are insane over their protection of Disney.

I know there are a few extremists (on both ends), but I think most reasonable minds agree that while "upcharge experiences" have always been something Disney offers, the number of ways Disney is now encouraging guests to "buy extra 'magic'" over the past few years, whether one likes the practice or hates it, is unprecedented.

As for online pre-ordering, I'll happily try it as long as it remains free. :)

drwadadli

LOL - and how long before Disney starts offering a service whereby, for an upcharge, you can "purchase" the equivalent of a Fastpass for your meal, in order to get it more quickly?
You know at some point Disney will figure out to charge extra for and make more money.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom