My Disney Channel/Radio Disney Rant

cba

Original Poster
Here it goes... I don't like Disney Channel very much. Far from it, actually. Same thing with Radio Disney. But first I'll start with Disney Channel (gives them an angry stare). The number one reason why I don't like Disney Channel is because IMO it doesn't say "Disney".It says "shows that try to interest tweens and little kids". Of course, Disney used to make good shows, because it was for the whole family. The Mickey Mouse Club was one of those, and so was the Wonderful World of Disney. Now it's all Austin and Ally, Dog with a Blog, ANT Farm, ect. I CANNOT STAND anyone of those shows. Now to Radio Disney (Shakes pointer finger vigorously at them). Another thing that I don't think has "Disney" in it. Why, why, why, must you play songs that what seems like every other radio station plays. Do you think that everyone likes hearing the same hit song again and again per day? Disney has some pretty good songs that are good that they own, but of course they go to today's pop culture. And know why Disney does this: it makes money. It has good ratings, which of course means more ads, which means more money. And today's kids are big fans of today's pop songs, so Disney took advantage and made it like a lot of today's FM stations (that reminds me to ask why is Radio Disney AM and not FM). So in conclusion, I want to see more Disney in Disney Channel and Radio Disney.

jkl2000

There was also a show called The Mouse Factory in the mid-late 70s. Seemed like it was reconstituted from existing stuff, but we liked it.

jw24

All your points are valid but this has been going on for years. 5 years ago, people said the exact same things and this whole argument that there's nothing Disney about Disney Channel probably goes back even earlier than that. (Mid 2000s is my guess.) Disney Channel has gotten a ton of heat for being too female-oriented with a majority of their shows and their original movies, hence why Disney XD was rebranded from Toon Disney. (Not everyone was on board with the change from what I remember. Although to be fair, changing to broadcasting mostly Jetix programming dug Toon Disney in a hole they couldn't get out of.) But yeah, Disney Channel could vary their programming so that not every show has to be a cheesy comedy of some sort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom