My countdown begins

jwarren3768

Original Poster
...to my first post-divorce trip to WDW. All my previous 12 trips have been with family. This will be my first solo trip and my first post-divorce trip. I'm hoping that the trip is more therapeutic than painful. Wish me luck. I'm looking forward to doing what I want to do when I want to do it and taking the time to enjoy the environment. November 2 - 8, 2010.

New2WDW

...to my first post-divorce trip to WDW. All my previous 12 trips have been with family. This will be my first solo trip and my first post-divorce trip. I'm hoping that the trip is more therapeutic than painful. Wish me luck. I'm looking forward to doing what I want to do when I want to do it and taking the time to enjoy the environment. November 2 - 8, 2010.

Sorry to hear that it is a divorce trip, but I do hope it is a great trip for you to sort out some thoughts! Welcome to the boards. :wave:

Mukta

I think it can be a therapeutic trip. Try to do all of the things you didn't have a chance to do with your family. Eat new things, see new attractions, stay in a new hotel. Come here and discuss your trip details so it is something you can be excited about.

Steve-B

Make use of the single-rider lines and try not to be "that creepy guy" in the line.

Have fun!!

Oh yeah - welcome!

wild01ride

Hi! I can imagine that it must be rough to make the trip solo after years of sharing those memories with family.
Nevertheless, the important thing is that you have the courage to make the trip and to enjoy something that brings you joy.
I can't understand your exact situation, but I know that there are a lot of things that bring joy that I, or others I know, have lost after a relationship has ended. It's a really unfortunate thing, because when that happens, it means you're letting other things that bring you joy go rather than holding on to those things.

I'm sure you'll run into those moments that bring back painful or awkward memories, but just remember that WDW hasn't stopped "giving" its joy to you - this is an opportunity to see it in a whole new light.
As others have said, enjoy the things that maybe you wanted to enjoy but never could, or the things that maybe you've never considered.
Most importantly, don't hesitate to challenge yourself to go solo with anything your heart desires there (don't skip anything thinking, "that's only something for families").
It's amazing the kind of people, families, etc. you can run into at WDW that will keep things interesting!

Have a great trip and make sure to give us a full report when you get back! It's right around the corner!

:wave:

foreverbelle

Well I am sorry to hear about the circumstances, but I wish you well, and hope that you have a fabulous trip down to the most magical place on Earth.

Have a great time!

jwarren3768

Original Poster
Wow, thanks for all the wonderful and supportive replies. I'm been lurking here for years, but now I feel like I can actually participate!

WDW has always been a place of joy for me. I remember going right after my dad passed and literally feeling the grief and agony that his passing brought be lifted off my shoulders as soon as I passed under the Arch on World Drive.

I also can't wait to visit with just the kids and I next time. This time, it's just for me.

I may even try to do a daily trip report and/or tweets from the park. Stay tuned.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom