My Animal Kingdom Lodge Grand Villa Vacation!! With a side trip to see Harry!

Yep! A grand villa at Animal Kingdom Lodge. :sohappy: No words can describe the awesomeness. Any other resort, no matter how deluxe, is going to be a letdown from here on out. In fact, my house was a bit of a disappointment when I got back. :lol:

Who: Us, the DVC members who were kind enough to use our points to take family. :D That's me Tammy- travel agent extraordinaire:lol:, dear hubby - air force officer extraordinaire who was wise enough to buy DVC two years ago, ds15 - our high school student/the quarterback who missed a football game for this trip and whose coach wasn't very happy with me :lookaroun and dd12 - who turned 13 today.:)

My in-laws whom you may recognize from my Mediterranean cruise report from May.

My brother in law and his family.

Here we are!

Photo0031.jpg

When: October 3-10. On my niece’s fall break. My kids flat out skipped school. :D

What: This was supposed to be a relaxing, enjoy our resort kind of trip. I think we succeeded. We took a lot of breaks. We also took advantage of our full kitchen. The in-laws loaded us up on groceries. We ate breakfast in the room every morning and came back for another meal most days. We were trying to cut down on the quantity of food we ate.

Disclaimers: First, I took a bazillion pictures and am working my way through them, but life gets in the way. This report may take a while, but I've got the first couple of days done. Second, I am not good at food pictures. I forget to take them and someone's usually eating before I get a chance.:lol: You'll have to go elsewhere for those. Third, I may offend some with my rather conservative opinions on Disney appropriate behavior. You may think me a prude and I don't mean to offend, lets just agree to disagree.:)

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I'm so excited to see your trip report! I knew we were at WDW at the same time, and was keeping an eye out for you, but now that I've read your TR, I know why I never ran into you and your group.

Thanks to your photos, I'm now totally psyched for my next trip--in just four weeks, I'll be staying at AKL in a savannah view studio, although we'll be at Kidani. Hope I get to see as many animals, and I'm going to listen for night munching, too.

Having just written my very first TR ever, I totally relate to the time it takes to get updates done while getting on with real life. If I hadn't done mine while actually on vacation, believe me, it wouldn't even be started yet.

Looking forward to your conservative opinions on behavior, too. I'll bet you formed them at Epcot during the Food & Wine Festival...:lookaroun

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
I'm so excited to see your trip report! I knew we were at WDW at the same time, and was keeping an eye out for you, but now that I've read your TR, I know why I never ran into you and your group.

Thanks to your photos, I'm now totally psyched for my next trip--in just four weeks, I'll be staying at AKL in a savannah view studio, although we'll be at Kidani. Hope I get to see as many animals, and I'm going to listen for night munching, too.

Having just written my very first TR ever, I totally relate to the time it takes to get updates done while getting on with real life. If I hadn't done mine while actually on vacation, believe me, it wouldn't even be started yet.

Looking forward to your conservative opinions on behavior, too. I'll bet you formed them at Epcot during the Food & Wine Festival...:lookaroun

I'm sorry I missed you Tigger!! I but you'll see a ton of animals at Kidani. They did a great job wrapping the building around the savannah.

I have to look for your trip report!!

And you are 100% right about the Food and Wine Festival. I really felt at times that it was just not a family environment.:lookaroun

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Wednesday – October 6

The Studios today! Sadly, here’s where the pictures greatly decrease. :cry: I try not to make people wait for me too much when I’m taking pictures and there were a lot of people who would have to wait for me this time! Since I have so so many pictures at WDW, I just didn’t take as many in the parks. I promise to make up for it when I sail on Disney Dream in January.:D

As a side note, I was in love with my villa at this point. I decided they may have to drag me out kicking and screaming.:lookaroun

We slept in about 30 minutes and left at 8:15. We were there at rope drop with lots of people!

IMG_4690096.jpg

Making plans:

IMG_4691097.jpg

We sent two scouts ahead for Toy Story Fastpasses. They already had them when we caught them, and we all got in line together. It was about a 30 minute wait but everyone loved the ride.

IMG_4692098_filtered.jpg

IMG_4696102.jpg

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Next we went to Fastpass Rocking Roller Coaster and ride Tower of Terror. Tower only had a 10 minute wait.

IMG_4701107.jpg

IMG_4702108.jpg

IMG_4703109.jpg

IMG_4704110_filtered.jpg

IMG_4705111.jpg

IMG_4708114.jpg

Next we rode Rocking again, and then Fastpassed it again.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
We went to the Great Movie Ride next, but decided the 30 minute wait wasn’t worth it.

Next up was the Backlot tour.

IMG_4710116.jpg

IMG_4719125.jpg

We decided not to go back for lunch today either, and ate at Pizza Planet. Everyone enjoyed their pizzas a lot. They were quite good.

Next up was American Idol. I always enjoy this show, but this time we didn’t have the best choice of singers. The host was hilarious. One of the contestants had “Work Sucks” on his shirt. After he sang, she came out with some duct tape and covered it up. She apologized and said it wasn’t a very Disney word.:lol:

Next we went to use our Fastpasses for Toy Story. Total waste! They were hollering for people to come and ride, no wait! The wait said 70 minutes, but sure enough, it was a walk on. We should have saved our Fastpasses!

IMG_4726132_filtered.jpg

My inlaws put on their glasses a little early:lol::

IMG_4730136_filtered.jpg

IMG_4733138_filtered.jpg

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
After we rode we went back to Tower of Terror which we walked on twice. Well some of us walked on twice. Some of us walked on once than relaxed for a little!

IMG_4734139.jpg

Nothing like an ice cold coke:

IMG_4737142.jpg

And kicking off your crocs!

IMG_4738143.jpg

Then we used our Rocking Fastpasses although it was close to a walk on too.
We stopped back by Great Movie Ride. It said 25 minutes but was closer to 10.

IMG_4739001_filtered.jpg

IMG_4742004_filtered.jpg

IMG_4744006_filtered.jpg

IMG_4745007_filtered.jpg

Next up was the Little Mermaid. Or a nap!:lol:

IMG_4746008_filtered.jpg

We stopped for pics with Buzz and Woody next. I still don’t have our photopass disc, so I’ll have to add those later.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
We had reservations for Chef Mickeys that night but only some of us wanted to go. My kids love that place, so off we went.

IMG_4757017.jpg

Waiting for our reservations:

IMG_4760020.jpg

Yay, sitting down!

IMG_4761021.jpg

IMG_4765025.jpg

IMG_4766026.jpg

IMG_4762022_filtered.jpg

These were amazing chocolate morsels of goodness:

IMG_4767027.jpg

IMG_4783042.jpg

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Cheesecake!!

IMG_4770029.jpg

IMG_4772031_filtered.jpg

15 year olds just love this part don't you know:D:

IMG_4777036.jpg

IMG_4781040.jpg

IMG_4789048_filtered.jpg

IMG_4793052_filtered.jpg

IMG_4795054.jpg

Dd took a picture of me eating one of those morsels of goodness:

IMG_4822075_filtered.jpg

IMG_4823076_filtered.jpg

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
We wandered around the Contemporary for a little while after.

IMG_4830083.jpg

Here’s our next stay! I’m trying to convince dh that we need to scrounge up the points for a grand villa here! :D

IMG_4828081.jpg

We drove back to the room for the evening. I only took one picture of a giraffe tonight. How many pictures of giraffes can I take after all?:lol:

IMG_4841094.jpg

We got back just in time for Survivor! I don’t usually like to watch TV on my Disney vacations. It makes me forget where I am for a little while, and I do not like that!! :) But I love Survivor, and since we were back in time anyway…so sad Jimmy Johnson is gone.

Ds watched the entire show from my awesome bathtub by the way.:lol:

tiaragirl

Love this, your pictures (no matter how many or few) are always such a pleasure, girl! And your kids are adorable.

I need a morsel of goodness right about now =( Instead I'll have some family digestive cookies :lol: They're bran. I'm officially 80, not 20.

Auroragirl

Incredibly awesome pics!!!

Besides the awesomest room ever, great views, spectacular camera, eating those delicious morsels of goodness... what I am most jealous of your trip is the crowd levels at the parks.... :cry:

Everything... and I mean EVERYTHING was no less than a 30 minute wait... some were a whole lot more!!!!! Fastpassin' and just walkin' up to the rides???? Makes me wanna'..... :cry: lol

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Love this, your pictures (no matter how many or few) are always such a pleasure, girl! And your kids are adorable.

I need a morsel of goodness right about now =( Instead I'll have some family digestive cookies :lol: They're bran. I'm officially 80, not 20.

Thank you!:D

I could seriously have a morsel right now too. But then again, maybe I should have bran with you.:lol:

Ariel484

Love the picture of your daughter/neice laughing in the ToT queue, and your daughter and son in Chef Mickey's...frame-worthy! So glad you updated today, I have been looking forward to it! :sohappy:

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Love the picture of your daughter/neice laughing in the ToT queue, and your daughter and son in Chef Mickey's...frame-worthy! So glad you updated today, I have been looking forward to it! :sohappy:

Thank you, Ariel! I like those pictures too. The picture of my son and daughter at Chef Mickey's summed them up so well!:lol:

DecWDW

First of all, let me say that I'm really enjoying your TR and your pics are wonderful! Secondly, I have a small lump of jealousy in my throat looking at the Grand Villa pics. We're staying at AKL in December in 2 two-bedrooms, but we're on the wait list for the Villa. Doesn't look good at this point. I'm trying to be mature about this. Anyway, thirdly, you gave me a wonderful idea. Even though we aren't at WDW exactly ON Christmas, we celebrate with a tree, lights and gifts. It's sometimes difficult to know what to get everyone, but looking at your pics of some of the goodies at Honeydukes, I think I have the answer! Looking forward to more of your trip! 46 more days for me!

sweetpee_1993

I agree on the comments of the pics of the parents in line for TSMM, the girls in line for ToT, and your two gorgeous offspring at CM's. Can I add that I love your son's Crocs?? I've been trying to talk Chandler into those forever just because I think they're awesome. Maybe if I show him the pic of your son wearing them.... :shrug:

Love the update. Just looooove it.

And Ohhhhhhh how I'd luuuuuurve to stay in a Grand Villa at BLT! That would be my kinda heaven!

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
First of all, let me say that I'm really enjoying your TR and your pics are wonderful! Secondly, I have a small lump of jealousy in my throat looking at the Grand Villa pics. We're staying at AKL in December in 2 two-bedrooms, but we're on the wait list for the Villa. Doesn't look good at this point. I'm trying to be mature about this. Anyway, thirdly, you gave me a wonderful idea. Even though we aren't at WDW exactly ON Christmas, we celebrate with a tree, lights and gifts. It's sometimes difficult to know what to get everyone, but looking at your pics of some of the goodies at Honeydukes, I think I have the answer! Looking forward to more of your trip! 46 more days for me!

Thanks DecWDW! I bet 2 2 bedrooms will be awesome too! I've been in a two bedroom and they were beautiful too!

There are some great little gifts at Honeydukes! That's a wonderful idea!

I agree on the comments of the pics of the parents in line for TSMM, the girls in line for ToT, and your two gorgeous offspring at CM's. Can I add that I love your son's Crocs?? I've been trying to talk Chandler into those forever just because I think they're awesome. Maybe if I show him the pic of your son wearing them.... :shrug:

Love the update. Just looooove it.

And Ohhhhhhh how I'd luuuuuurve to stay in a Grand Villa at BLT! That would be my kinda heaven!

My son loves those crocs. They go with everything! No one believes us when we tell them they are crocs. I'm trying to talk hubby into a pair too.

Exactly!! My kind of heaven too!! Come on hubby!!:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom