my 3 week WDW trip... heres what i noticed..

DarthMileZ

Original Poster
Hollywood Studios
- If you are not a Star Wars fan, i wouldn't suggest even visiting, i am a massive star wars fan so i loved it, but my other half was disappointed, its everywhere. from new center stage shows to fireworks to massive presence in all the stores.

-It's not a half day park as much as people say it is, if you do everything, you can be there all day.

-The great movie ride needs updating, Tarzan made me laugh. it was a joke of a scene compared to some of the other great ones.

-It's a nightmare to get a bus from off disney property to this park, we had to get the Lynx 8 to Sea World and get the Lynx 50 to Ticket and transport, then we had to get the monorail/ferry over to Magic Kingdom to then get a bus to DHS. Disney should fix this. even if we could get transport straight from the TRANSPORT area. or at least disney springs because there is a Lynx directly to this.

-Can anyone confirm if being the rebel spy on Star Tours means that the ride is more "intense" ? so i rode it the first time in the morning and it was great but when i rode the second time i was picked as rebel spy and im sure it was more intense G's. i came off feeling really dizzy and sick... i was wondering if they focused all the G's to the where the spy is sat?!

Animal Kingdom
- this is normally my favourite park, but for me the night time experiences drew to much chaos, the cast members were miserable, some even moaning they had to work longer hours and would struggle to get home. they seemed annoyed that people wanted to stand around and watch the tree of life awaken.. the jungle book show was MEH.

- the animals seemed startled in the evening, due to fireworks from the other parks in the distance, obviously they are normally not out at this time. so they were noticeably startled at times.

-Dinosaur is the best ride of the park, and yet alot of people missed it including family who went to the park a day after us.

Epcot

- I don't understand the queue length to space ship earth. we skipped it this time round.

- Norway doesn't feel like Norway anymore and is too crowded with frozen fans.

- Figment is the best, i still love this ride, has a charm to it, i worry for its future.

- Epcot was the quietest park, i never noticed until after reading threads on this forum, its worrying. this was the sunday before memorial day and all the other parks were slammed.

Magic Kingdom

- The peter pan queue is silly. we skipped it. this needs fixing, is this a capacity issue?

- Some more miserable cast members, but the happy ones outweigh them, Gaston's Tavern is great, they gave us free food as we were on our honeymoon!

- STITCH'S GREAT ESCAPE IS SO BORING.

- Monsters Inc is so underrated, first time experiencing this as i missed it the first time i went and the 2nd time it broke while we were in the queue. it was amazingly funny and unique and we did it twice purely because it's always a different experience.

- there are so many rude guests, never noticed it before, perhaps its me being grown up and noticing things. but people approach tables while we are eating asking if we are done so they can have the table. VULTURES! we had one person staring at us from across the room through our whole meal. and then there are the queue jumpers, people that don't understand personal space and then there is the strollers. OMG THE STROLLERS.

- Rice crispy treats are still amazing.

- Haunted Mansion is still my favourite

Jeff456

Thanks for the observations, I think with regards to Epcot a lot of it is due to the fact that it is just a bigger park with wider walkways, that contributes to the feeling that it is quieter. It's my favourite park anyway so can't complain about that!

Retroman40

Beware of the "Stroller Beasts"! I tend to worry more about people driving ECV's far too fast more though. The Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor is a great attraction - especially if you don't leave your sense of humor outside and get to be "That Guy".

I always enjoy reading some fresh, honest observations, thanks!

SW_matt

Hollywood Studios

-Can anyone confirm if being the rebel spy on Star Tours means that the ride is more "intense" ? so i rode it the first time in the morning and it was great but when i rode the second time i was picked as rebel spy and im sure it was more intense G's. i came off feeling really dizzy and sick... i was wondering if they focused all the G's to the where the spy is sat?!

Im going to guess and say that the laws of physics mean that this is impossible

BiffyClyro

Hollywood Studios
- If you are not a Star Wars fan, i wouldn't suggest even visiting, i am a massive star wars fan so i loved it, but my other half was disappointed, its everywhere. from new center stage shows to fireworks to massive presence in all the stores.

-It's not a half day park as much as people say it is, if you do everything, you can be there all day.

-The great movie ride needs updating, Tarzan made me laugh. it was a joke of a scene compared to some of the other great ones.

-It's a nightmare to get a bus from off disney property to this park, we had to get the Lynx 8 to Sea World and get the Lynx 50 to Ticket and transport, then we had to get the monorail/ferry over to Magic Kingdom to then get a bus to DHS. Disney should fix this. even if we could get transport straight from the TRANSPORT area. or at least disney springs because there is a Lynx directly to this.

Animal Kingdom
- this is normally my favourite park, but for me the night time experiences drew to much chaos, the cast members were miserable, some even moaning they had to work longer hours and would struggle to get home. they seemed annoyed that people wanted to stand around and watch the tree of life awaken.. the jungle book show was MEH.

- the animals seemed startled in the evening, due to fireworks from the other parks in the distance, obviously they are normally not out at this time. so they were noticeably startled at times.

-Dinosaur is the best ride of the park, and yet alot of people missed it including family who went to the park a day after us.

Epcot

- I don't understand the queue length to space ship earth. we skipped it this time round.

- Norway doesn't feel like Norway anymore and is too crowded with frozen fans.

- Figment is the best, i still love this ride, has a charm to it, i worry for its future.

- Epcot was the quietest park, i never noticed until after reading threads on this forum, its worrying. this was the sunday before memorial day and all the other parks were slammed.

Magic Kingdom

- The peter pan queue is silly. we skipped it. this needs fixing, is this a capacity issue?

- Some more miserable cast members, but the happy ones outweigh them, Gaston's Tavern is great, they gave us free food as we were on our honeymoon!

- STITCH'S GREAT ESCAPE IS SO BORING.

- Monsters Inc is so underrated, first time experiencing this as i missed it the first time i went and the 2nd time it broke while we were in the queue. it was amazingly funny and unique and we did it twice purely because it's always a different experience.

- there are so many rude guests, never noticed it before, perhaps its me being grown up and noticing things. but people approach tables while we are eating asking if we are done so they can have the table. VULTURES! we had one person staring at us from across the room through our whole meal. and then there are the queue jumpers, people that don't understand personal space and then there is the strollers. OMG THE STROLLERS.

- Rice crispy treats are still amazing.

- Haunted Mansion is still my favourite
not excusing their behaviour but maybe the miserable cast members and miserable guests thing is linked. Retail etc. Can be a miserable business if your getting moaned at all day. It's a vicious circle.

Thanks for the update though! I'm so excited to go back. Did the amount of refurbs going on ruin anything?

Tom

Beta Return
not excusing their behaviour but maybe the miserable cast members and miserable guests thing is linked. Retail etc. Can be a miserable business if your getting moaned at all day. It's a vicious circle.

Thanks for the update though! I'm so excited to go back. Did the amount of refurbs going on ruin anything?

Very true. Even for a happy person, it's difficult to maintain a positive attitude in retail/food service when the majority of the customers are unhappy or complain or make demands. Vicious circle.

And I'm not just hypothesizing, I know this for a fact. I co-own 4 quick service franchise restaurants. I see it happen all the time. We have some fantastic, optimistic, cheery people working for us....and even they will get beaten down by the customers. It's a shame society has to be like this.

copcarguyp71

I am surprised about the wait time for SSE...when we went previously it was usually in the fall but it was typically practically a walk-on. Being an Onmimover the queue usually moves at a good clip though...perhaps some guests or a series of guests needing assistance had it backed up when you tried to ride?

epcotisbest

Hollywood Studios

Fix what?

wdwhoneymooner

Beware of the "Stroller Beasts"! I tend to worry more about people driving ECV's far too fast more though. The Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor is a great attraction - especially if you don't leave your sense of humor outside and get to be "That Guy".

I always enjoy reading some fresh, honest observations, thanks!

*Quick hijack*: My sis-n-law was struck by an ECV this past trip. My wife had to hold back the driver to keep it from doing more damage. Luckily snl was able to continue. I was a chosen person @ MIncLF this past time, but not "that guy". Was suppose to be Mike W. (we both have nice smoooooooth scalps). My DD busted a gut when I was chosen. *End hijack*

I must concur with OP in regards to more rude guests. We experienced this also earlier this month. Some are expected, of course, but it seemed we had the displeasure of interacting with more than we usually do on a trip. On the flip side: we did end up offering to share some tables a few times and had great conversations with folks.

BiffyClyro

Very true. Even for a happy person, it's difficult to maintain a positive attitude in retail/food service when the majority of the customers are unhappy or complain or make demands. Vicious circle.

And I'm not just hypothesizing, I know this for a fact. I co-own 4 quick service franchise restaurants. I see it happen all the time. We have some fantastic, optimistic, cheery people working for us....and even they will get beaten down by the customers. It's a shame society has to be like this.

Very true. I work at a store whilst i'm at university and I like to think i'm a very happy, welcoming member of staff, however some days grind you down. On a rare occassion a customer will go as far as to make a member of staff cry.

copcarguyp71

Very true. I work at a store whilst i'm at university and I like to think i'm a very happy, welcoming member of staff, however some days grind you down. On a rare occassion a customer will go as far as to make a member of staff cry.

That is truly sad and deplorable that guests tear down other human beings like that. I dare say though that as prices increase and expectations of ROI in peoples vacation dollar are not met this will happen more and more.

JIMINYCR

Star Wars is going to be a major thing since thats what Disneys really promoting at this time. Star Wars brings in a lot of fans. I hated it when everything was High School Musical or Frozen.
I can find enough to do at HS and AK to make them full day parks... some guests focus on certain elements of the parks and do miss out on enjoying everything thats there... they dont bother with the minor details or their interests arent where mine are.
GMR ... There are some great old movies that deserve a spot, but a lot of younger guests dont relate to films they never saw or want to see. Someone is bound to be made unhappy if their film piece is taken out. The problem is..... what to choose from millions of great films.
The ST ride car doesnt have G's. Its on hydraulics. The rocking sensation you felt on the ride was different because you were in a different seat in the vehicle??? And it affected you differently from your view of the screen???
CM's are human, they get tired and overworked too. But I think they should stay in role and if they want to gripe, do it back stage or out of range of guests. Some young workers can be more professional than others.

Unomas

I always try to apply the 'golden rule.' Everyone just wants to be treated with respect. I'm not sure why this is such a foreign concept for so many.

BiffyClyro

That is truly sad and deplorable that guests tear down other human beings like that. I dare say though that as prices increase and expectations of ROI in peoples vacation dollar are not met this will happen more and more.
totally! Especially the poor members of staff who work on the parking lot gate. $20 per day? Ridiculous.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Hollywood Studios

I don't believe that there is any way for the rebel spy to have a more intense experience as everyone is in the same ride vehicle.

And I'm a little confused about your take on the transportation. Are you saying that Disney should fix off property transportation to the park? Or Transport within property? Off property Disney has nothing to do with how that transportation flows. The Lynx bus would be the city of Orlando. Transport within Disney property is a big perk of Disney resort guests, that is why we stay on property. If there were park direct buses from Disney Springs a lot of off site people would park for free at Disney springs instead of paid parking at the park they wish to visit. So that is why it is more complicated to travel from a park to Disney Springs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom