My 24th birthday at WDW!

:lookaroun

So um, I've been lurking for a while, and I figured I may as well come back and write trip report if anyone cares :lol:

A lot has changed for me in the past 6 months or so. I'm in the middle of my second year teaching at a great school, and with (almost wonderful) 7th graders.

But the biggest changes have been my boyfriend of 4 months (this Saturday) and my 40 pound weight loss (so far) :king:

But yeah, my brother decided to do the college program, and his check-in was on 2/2. We decided to make a trip out of it since my birthday was January 30th. Since I am a passholder, I received a birthday fun card, which I was told does NOT expire (silly website here misinforming me and making me look like a fool :brick: ). I used it the next day at Mouse Gear in Epcot. This trip was great, and better because my boyfriend and my sister's boyfriend came along for the ride.

Oh yes, pictures:

Stay tuned :)

DDuckFan130

Original Poster
Just to give you an idea of the weight I have lost, here is a picture of me from my birthday trip last year *cringes*

102_4207.jpg

Anyway....Friday, January 30th.

So yeah, we've been staying at POR a lot in the past couple of years, and this time was no exception. We got another great room near the food court (thanks Eliz!!! :D) and turns out my brother is working there for his CP!

The boys decided they really liked the arcade. Mind you, one is 20 and the other 27!

100_7594.jpg

My BF and I at the bus stop, waiting to go to DHS.

100_7597.jpg

We got to DHS and I went to get my birthday fun card, and was glad that I didn't need to use it right away, so I had time to think. BF ended up buying a season pass, and my sister's bf got a 3-day pass, for now. He has 6 months to upgrade. I took this picture because my sister's bf got Minnie :lol:

100_7603.jpg

In line at Toy Story Mania, which we would ride twice, along with ToT. My boyfriend had never been to DHS or Epcot, so this was all a new experience for him. The crowds were very light, except at TSM, but not as bad as we've seen before.

100_0197.jpg

100_0203.jpg

My boyfriend didn't care much for RnRC, which was to be expected. He really enjoyed LMAX and we didn't get past the first scene of Indy, because they were forced to stop the show because of some technical difficulties.

We left the park after closing and ate a nice family dinner at the food court in POR. We all knocked out very early, as we had driven up that day.

Next would be Epcot.

DDuckFan130

Original Poster
Saturday, January 31st.

We hopped on the bus to Epcot, where I had a very embarrassing magical moment. My sister's bf decided to keep wishing me a happy birthday, and the people in the back of the bus wished me happy birthday. Then my boyfriend got everyone in the back of the bus to sing me "happy birthday." :eek:

And then, to top things off, I then heard an automated spiel wishing me a happy birthday :ROFLOL:

We got to Epcot, and of course did SSE. Turns out, the boys really enjoyed this ride and we had to ride it again at the end of the night. My boyfriend really liked the lights and fiber optics and whatnot when we're descending. Hmm, I thought some didn't like that part. Oh well.

100_0208.jpg

100_7626.jpg

100_7627.jpg

We then headed to Soarin' to get FP's. Since we had time to kill, we did M:S and TT. Of course, TT was down so we went to M:S, which was down while we were in line, but nothing too bad. My boyfriend didn't care for either ride (we did manage to get on TT). We then had a bit of time left, so we rode Nemo, which my boyfriend liked better :lol: Finally, we rode Soarin', which was liked by all.

This is a piggyback ride leaving M:S:

100_0214.jpg

Next, my boyfriend's quest to drink around the world :lol:

DDuckFan130

Original Poster
So my boyfriend was very antsy to start drinking beers around the world. His number one spot to hit was Germany, but we ended up starting in Canada, and documented the journey:

100_7632.jpg

Little did he know how close the countries were, because he hadn't finished having his first beer and we were in the UK. So he chugged and bought his second beer:

100_7634.jpg

We had to let him pace himself a bit, so when we got to France, he sat down and I got in line to buy myself a Grand Marnier Orange Slushie and his third beer. He ended up spilling most of that beer, but he didn't like it anyway. I, however, loved my drink and got tipsy of the thing :lol:

With my sister's bf:

100_7635.jpg

100_7641.jpg

Next, Morocco and beer #4. By this time, he was definitely tipsy:

100_7643.jpg

Then, we hit Japan and he decided to get sushi. I had never tried sushi, and this one was not bad at all: We also lingered a bit and started to notice the Kim Possible game around us. It looked like so much fun and decided we'd do that at the end!

100_7646.jpg

When we got to the USA, we decided to stop for lunch and give my BF a break. He did get another beer though, so beer #6 it is:

100_7649.jpg

DDuckFan130

Original Poster
Outside, as we were leaving, we encountered a bunch of characters coming out, so we took advantage :D

100_0221.jpg

If you think my boyfriend is doing the potty stance, well you're right. He really had to go potty, and with all the beer and the cold weather, he went several times in a really short time span, thus ruining my picture with Mickey, or making it funny, however you choose to look at it:

100_0223.jpg

100_0225.jpg

100_0228.jpg

100_0241.jpg

Next stop was Italy, with beer #7

100_7657.jpg

Germany would prove to be his last drink, and with a bratwurst. But he did what he wanted to and went to Germany and had beer :lol:

100_7664.jpg

We finished walking around WS and I got myself a Fiesta Margarita at Mexico :yum: We also did Gran Fiesta tour, and because we finished early, decided to play the Kim Possible game. We had to haul ourselves back to Japan for our mission:

100_7670.jpg

The game was very cute and a lot of fun. A little simple, but cool nonetheless. Definitely will do this again next time!

DDuckFan130

Original Poster
After KP, our BF's wanted to hit SSE again, and I wanted to go to Mouse Gear to see if I could spend my birthday fun card. We did both, and headed back to Mexico for dinner at Cantina San Angel. We got a great table next to the lagoon, but froze waiting for Illuminations to start. Got some decent pictures though. :shrug:

100_7693.jpg

100_7695.jpg

100_7699.jpg

The next morning, we would be saying good-bye to my brother, but I made an ADR for breakfast at Boma.

100_7708.jpg

I ended up getting a card from the staff with their own birthday greetings in their dialects (very cool!) as well as this special treat:

100_0299.jpg

And a couple of more pictures:

100_7729.jpg

100_7732.jpg

100_7734.jpg

That is all! We came back home and that was it. Had a great time, and had an even better time seeing WDW through a newbie's eyes.

:wave:

maggiegrace1

Regina..:)

I know I have told you this before but you look so great..you always have been beautiful but you can now tell that you KNOW you are also..:):)

Mr. Cutie has also helped to give you that amazing happy glow you have..:)

Glad you had a great trip and I hope that this year is your best ever..

LOVE YOU!

Nemo14

Regina,
I didn't even recognize you at first! You look fantastic!

and what a cutie BF!

Glad things are working out so well for you! :sohappy:

DDuckFan130

Original Poster
Regina..:)

I know I have told you this before but you look so great..you always have been beautiful but you can now tell that you KNOW you are also..:):)

Mr. Cutie has also helped to give you that amazing happy glow you have..:)

Glad you had a great trip and I hope that this year is your best ever..

LOVE YOU!

:kiss: Thanks Dana! Your words are always very encouraging :)

Regina,
I didn't even recognize you at first! You look fantastic!

and what a cutie BF!

Glad things are working out so well for you! :sohappy:

Thanks! :)

One of my co-workers has never met him, and calls him Teddy because he looks cuddly like a teddy bear. He is :D

diddy_mouse

Congrats on the weight loss...you look amazing! :sohappy: And your boyfriend is a cutie too :D

No place better to spend your birthday I might add...

HollyBelle

I love the attempt to drink all the way around the world... he almost made it!! The picture documentation is great.

And congratulations on your weight loss... that's awesome!

tigsmom

Looks like another great trip for your family! And I will echo what everyone else has said, you look fantastic! And it's plain to see that your BF makes you happy :lol: Enjoy, you deserve it! :king:

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
Congrats on the weight loss! Your BF must have spent $50 on all those beers...though I have no idea how much a beer costs since I don't drink...:hurl:

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Echoing everyone's previous sentiments, Regina you look fantastic! The bf and you compliment each other very well and you couldn't look happier together if you were getting pad to date!

Loved the potty dance picture, too.

Good times! Thanks for sharing with us. :king:

Now, NO MORE LURKING!

:D :sohappy:

NemoRocks78

Seized
Excellent report :sohappy:

Echoing everyone's previous sentiments, Regina you look fantastic! The bf and you compliment each other very well and you couldn't look happier together if you were getting pad to date!

Loved the potty dance picture, too.

Good times! Thanks for sharing with us. :king:

Now, NO MORE LURKING!

:D :sohappy:

This. If you do, I promise to see Philarmagic again. :eek: :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom