My 2012 Disney Christmas monorail display

WDW-Crazy

Original Poster
I haven't posted here in a while but have done threads related to past Christmas displays that I have done with some of my Disney monorail accessories and items that I have collected over the years. Just wanted to share with you guys some pics and a music video of my display for this year:

And to conclude my update, I present to you my official music video that I made up of the display in action:

What I currently have in my monorail collection as of now:

-Monorail black (in the display)
-Monorail blue (in the display)
-Monorail yellow (no longer works, using it now as a display piece)
-Main Street station
-Walt Disney's Caroline Pacific Railroad modal
-WDW sign set
-Disney's Contemporary Resort monorail accessory
-Disney's Polynesian Resort monorail accessory
-WDW parking lot tram
-Various Disney character figures (many of which we've purchased during my very first WDW visit in 1989)

I really hope the Disney Store continues to re-release the monorail accessories as I plan to take advantage of them while/whenever they are available.

Enjoy the pics and video and be sure to let me know what you think! Have a Merry Christmas!

awoogala

I just purchased the monorail, poly and contemporary for my husband's xmas gift!!! I would love to find that Magic Kingdom main street station and the sign!

WDW-Crazy

Original Poster
I remember the train station being available for purchase at WDW back in 2003 (when I purchased my first yellow-striped monorail set that no longer works). During that time, they had all three monorail hotels, Spaceship Earth (the larger one, not the version they sell now) and a mini TTC/switch station. I could've kicked myself that I didn't begin collecting back then as my next visit wouldn't have been until 2007 when most of that stuff was discontinued. I purchased the blue-striped monorail set during our 2007 trip and then began hunting eBay soonafter where I found both the train station, black-striped monorail and sign set for good deals. After seeing the Polynesian re-released, I am really hoping that WDW brings back most of the retired monorail accessories to both WDW and the online Disney Store for most of us who missed out when they were originally available. I know I'd love to get my hand on one of the original Spaceship Earth sets to set up for Christmas sometime in the future!

awoogala

Anyway, since I hijacked... It's gorgeus! Nice work! How long does it take you to set up?
I showed it to my husband, and he said "I want that around our tree!". So I guess I picked the right gift! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom