My 10-15 year plan for WDW

Wsny11

Original Poster
So this is my first post here and I'd like to share some of my thoughts regarding what I would do to bring the resort into the next era. Some of these ideas will be rumors coming to fruition while others will be fresh ideas. I'll go park by park then talk about the resort in general

MK - 2 E tickets, 1 C / D, Refurbs

Most of the work I would do here would be in Tommorwland. First, the huge space currently occupied by the speedway would become home to one of the two new E ticket attractions. The Tron coaster would be fine, but I would make it a true thrill ride regardless of theme, something the MK lacks. Next, I would take out Stitch and Monsters Inc and use that space for a new dark ride, boats or trackless through a new human colony on mars or elsewhere. This would be extremely immersive and technologically advanced, something like Navi River Journey. I would also send CoP towards a significant refurb with a new scene.

Moving west, I would rip out the treehouse and replace it with a signature dining restaurant.

The second E Ticket would go into an expansion of Adventure land. It would be a heavily themed fourth "mountain." I haven't given too much thought to the specifics here but would like something akin to Everest, thrilling, but not to the extent of a serious modern coaster, with a cohesive theme and queue that are a big part of the attraction.

EPCOT - Major Redesign

Making this park thrive again will take a massive undertaking. I'll take a stab at it, but this much work is probably unrealistic.

First, the Imagination and Seas pavilions need major attention. For Imagination, I would basically start from scratch and build a brand new dark ride. The Inside Out idea floating around seems about right. I would make this attraction a very advanced ride that sets a new benchmark for 21st century dark rides. This would be a true E Ticket that would inspire wonder in people of all ages. I would also make an interactive exhibit area where one enters before entering the queue for the ride.

As for the Seas, I think it should be redone to resemble a modern, entertaining aquarium. Rip out the awful nemo ride and put in more tanks and exhibit space. The only real attraction i would install would be an educational show of some kind.

The Land should largely be left alone save for some cosmetic refurb. Perhaps a new film for Soarin near the end of this timeline to sustain it for another ten or so years before it's eventual replacement.

Moving on to Energy and Life, I would take this space and build a new land that doesn't neccasarily fit into the rest of FW. This could be considered a third part of EPCOT rather than part of FW. I'd say to be realistic this will be based around an IP but which one I won't speculate on. This new land should rival Pandora and SWL, and contain three attractions, one of which will be a very innovative and modern E Ticket akin to FoP or the new attractions coming to Star Wars Land.

As for Space, the ride stays largely the same but the video and experience in the simulator pod needs to be entirely redone. Toss in an IP, maybe even Star Wars. Test Track, like Soarin, can be scheduled for a modest redo towards the end of our timeline.

Innoventions and the Spine - I'm at a loss here. With all the work I have already penciled in, anything significant would be unrealistic. My best case would be to fill the Innovention buildings with modern (and regularly updated to keep them modern) interactive exhibits akin to their original iteration. Showcase new tech, make it like a permenant trade show for companies on the cutting edge of science and technology, allowing them to showcase their ideas in a way that brings guests happily in the door.

The World Showcase - its mostly fine as it is. I definitely like the Rat ride for France, and I'd like to see two new Pavilions - let's say Brazil and Kenya. One of those will have a D Ticket akin to Rat or Frozen.

Thoughts on the rest of the parks coming soon, this is all I have time for at the moment.

Wsny11

Original Poster
Studios - Ride re-do, one new E Ticket

The addition of two new lands will do most of the work here, imo. Once they are open, plans should be made to re-theme the RnRC (perfect spot if they must add guardians somewhere), Re-do tGMR (I guess we're getting a Mickey dark ride, spend money on it and make it great) and re-theme Star Tours. I could see an Indy theme to pair with the show. In doing these three things, they will be able to create high demand for three new rides without having to invest the money to build three such rides from scratch, which will help pull some of the crowds out of SWL.

As for the new ride, I would place it in Animator's Courtyard in some of the largely empty studio space near the new Mickey ride. My idea for this is an indoor thrill ride based on movie car chases, Think a combination of Test Track and RnRC, complete with lots of special effects and pyrotechnics.

With lots of new attractions, some of the older and unpopular shows and the like that needed to stay open in a nearly empty park for so many years can be phased out and new attractions can start entering the planning stages for those spaces at the end of our timeline.

AK - add to Pandora, re do Dinoland

This park is probably in better shape than the other three at this point. I would do two things. First, I would level the Dinoland area save for Dinosaur. Build a second strong attraction (boat ride? Log flume?) and a simpler flat ride in that area to pair with Dinosaur and create a lushly themed environment to frame them, really transport the guests back to the Jurassic period.

Pandora really needs another attraction in my opinion. It doesn't have to be of the same caliber as FoP but should be a bigger draw than the river journey. This would also be a good spot for a richly themed water ride of some kind.
I'd also like to see some Navi characters walking around the land and a second food option.

And finally, coming shortly will be the resort wide changes.

Wsny11

Original Poster
Finally, resort wide changes.

The Gondola system looks great. I'd like to see it expanded and I'm hoping the existing construction and four stops serve as a kind of test run. You could build a hub behind the boardwalk and do a short extension of the monorail to this hub. From there, add a line that goes to Disney Springs and another that goes to Blizzard Beach, AK, AK lodge.

I also like the idea of a Disney "uber" service integrated into the app / magic bands as long as it can compete with the real uber both in price and service. Both this and the gondolas take stress off of the buses and open up more options, making it easier and faster for guests to do things like park hop and go from resort to resort, which is a win win for everyone.

If significant development like what has been rumored and discussed here takes place, the increased demand should warrant a couple of new hotels. The Epcot / Studios resort area would be the most obvious choice for location. A new Brazilian themed Moderate (Disney Copacabana Resort? Amazon Resort?) could go in between the Studios and the Caribbean Beach, piggybacking on the Gondola station. The vague Star Wars hotel rumors are very interesting as well. There are many ways this could be done. One that I like is creating a small resort "park" that is sold only in 2 night all inclusive packages - say for $1150. This would include a fully immersive enviornment and story from the night you check in. The Next day, you are whisked to Star Wars Land on some sort of transportation that is a ride in and of itself (like hogwart's express). Then you return to the resort before concluding the story the morning you check out. This would be a very ambitious project obviously.

Disney Springs is a huge improvement over the development's previous iterations and should be kept fresh and well maintained.

The last thing I'll touch on is the water parks. They both need an update / small expansion, but I feel Disney should choose one of them to go down for a full refurb and expansion. Volcano Bay makes Disney's water parks look antiquated and empty, especially Blizzard Beach imo.

So that's it, who wants to donate, say, an extra 3 billion to whatever Disney is budgeting for the next 5 years and make this happen?

GotsFancyPants

Moving west, I would rip out the treehouse and replace it with a signature dining restaurant.

I think they should turn Swiss Family Treehouse into a restaurant. By expanding and opening the current rooms and adding new ones, it could become a great little eatery. Guests could get little handhelds that vibrate when their food is ready, and could explore various other parts of the treehouse. New interactive elements such as the pots and pans at Tarzan's Treehouse could be added to play around with whilst waiting to dine.

Wsny11

Original Poster
I think they should turn Swiss Family Treehouse into a restaurant. By expanding and opening the current rooms and adding new ones, it could become a great little eatery. Guests could get little handhelds that vibrate when their food is ready, and could explore various other parts of the treehouse. New interactive elements such as the pots and pans at Tarzan's Treehouse could be added to play around with whilst waiting to dine.

Great idea.

Alex Parsons

Omg I love your ideas and plan! It's really cool. What do you think of the rumours about a VR Wreck-it Ralph Racing dark ride? I think it would be great but I have no idea where it would go; The Sugar Rush themeing wouldn't fit into Tomorrowland (When they finally get rid of Stitches Great Escape) but the Technology of the ride wouldn't fit into Fantasyland as we know it. Prehaps they could add a Thrill-ride section at the back of Fantasyland or behind Rivers of America but accessed from Fantasyland. I wrote a list of ideas I was having whilst reading yours:
FANTASYLAND-
- Definitely take out Laugh Floor and Great Escape, but I think Laugh Floor should transfer to HS as part of a Monsters Inc Land Expansion.
- I like the idea of adding a restaurant where the treehouse is but what about incorporating it into the treehouse? I think the treehouse needs a Tarzan overlay anyway. The restaurant could be Rainforest-Cafe-Esque Table Service with a Jungle Inspired menu. I'd love Jane Ported character dining but more formal than the usual Character dining.
- If Adventureland gets a mountain it should definitely be a Moana themed Volcano! It would fit right into the Adventureland Landscape- Prehaps between Jungle Cruise and Pirates and would give Moana characters an official Moana-themed Meet and Greet location.

EPCOT-
- An Inside Out overlay for Imagination is great and would make a classic ride much more popular again. Joy and Sadness could have their Meet and Greet over there instead and even be joined by other emotions occasionally.
- The Seas is in need of a re-themeing and should become the Marine Life Institute from Finding Dory. It definitely needs to be more Education/Consveration fueled and needs more exhibits. I love the Nemo ride but it needs an update to make it a little more exciting and technological. I would suggest removing Turtle Talk but that would cause uproar!
- I like the World Showcase as it but it needs more, I doubt Disney would ever move a pavillion just for the sake of layout.
- Get rid of the South Africa 'pavillion'- if you can even call it that. Build a Spain OR Brazil Pavillion, not both, and a Greece Pavillion with an Acropolis Theatre (With a 30 minute Hercules Musical) as it's Focal Point and include a Meet and Greet for ALL 5 Muses (Pleaseeee!).
- Add a Mary Poppins dark ride and a Smallish 'Jolly Holiday' Carousel to the UK Pavillion and prehaps move Raglan Road Irish pub from Disney Springs to the UK Pavilion to give Ireland some recognition.
- Add an Annual Week or 2 week long Topsy Turvy Festival to the France Pavillion.
- Huge Renovation of Illuminations because it's pretty messy and boring at points and add seating like that for Rivers of Light opposite the World Showcase.

HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS-
- Monstropolis Land! Monsters Inc Laugh Floor to transfer from MK, Rockin Rollercoaster to become a Monsters Inc Door Factory Coaster and plans were leaked for a Monsters Uni 'House Task' ride in Shanghai that never got built that could find new life here.

ANIMAL KINGDOM-
- Zootopia Land to replace Rafiki's Planet Watch. The Entrance to RPL in AK could be Bunny Burrow themed and the train could be like the one that Judy catches to Zootopia, really transporting guests into the story. A police car chase simulator ride? Prehaps the Cable Cars?
- Add more carts to Primeval Whirl so that it's a ride guests can go on with always minimal queues to fill time.
- I like the idea of a Dinosaurland boat ride or log flume.
- Meet and Greets with Na'vi Characters played by real actors! And also a Meet and Greet Jackie Ogden.
- I dont think Pandora needs another ride (prehaps another ride should get an update to take people away from Pandora?) but needs more 'Street' entertainment such as characters or performances like the percussion show.

WATERPARKS-
- An entire Frozen overlay of Blizzard Beach or a Moana overlay of Typhoon Lagoon if a Moana Volcano isn't built in Advenureland. Turing TL into Moana would be a great way of getting back at Universal for Volcano Bay (which is basically Moana without being literal Moana)

TRANSPORT AND HOTELS-
- I dont think the Gondola System needs an expansion but instead a second system somewhere else in WDW (AK to AK Lodge needs a second mode of transportation). I like that the Gondola System creates a small interconnected community between EPCOT, HS and their hotels.
- Intergrating the Minnie Van service in the App/MagicBands is brilliant, I think there should be smaller vehicles so that couples or threes could get a car without using up a big vehicle- it could also be cheaper for a smaller car?
- I don't think anymore hotels are necessary at the time being (However I dont know how full the hotels are generally) but smaller Vacation Packages are a necessity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom