MVMCP Dates for 2009

wickedfan07

My family and I are tossing around dates for a trip over the holidays this year. Does anyone know if disney has released the dates for this year's Mickey's Very Merry christmas Party yet? We're trying to decide if we should go before or after Christmas, and I just want to get an idea if the dates we can go (working around college breaks) coincide with one of the MVMCP dates.

Also, while I'm talking trip planning, does anyone know if that other park down the road has set an opening date for its "little addition" that's will be flying in on a broomstick soon?

Thanks in advance!

WishIwasThere

Not sure when the schedule comes out for the MVMCP, but they are usually consistant year to year. Look at 2008 dates to give you and idea. I'd go before Christmas. The week between Christmas and New Years is crazy. Did it once, and I'll never do it again. We were there a few years ago about 10 days before Christmas and the crowds were light, and it was wonderful. Park hours were a little short but we had a 4 and 6 yr old so we weren't up for late nights other than for the MVMCP.

Upvote 0

wild01ride

The last MVMCP is always before Christmas, so right off the bat, if you decide to go after Christmas, you won't be able to attend the party.

As the poster above said, it gets crazy during the week between Christmas and New Years. I would highly recommend to plan as much of your trip as possible before Christmas - it definitely won't be empty, but it will be much more relaxing that going the week after Christmas.

Happy planning, and no matter what you do, HAVE FUN!

Upvote 0

wickedfan07

Original Poster
The last MVMCP is always before Christmas, so right off the bat, if you decide to go after Christmas, you won't be able to attend the party.

As the poster above said, it gets crazy during the week between Christmas and New Years. I would highly recommend to plan as much of your trip as possible before Christmas - it definitely won't be empty, but it will be much more relaxing that going the week after Christmas.

Happy planning, and no matter what you do, HAVE FUN!

Oh we've done that before, and I don't think we'll ever do it again. We've also been to MVMCP before, but it was over a decade ago and we'd like to go again. However, looking at the way our college breaks fall, we might have to brave the Christmas/New Years crowds or just go after Jan 1. (We're locked into timeshare weeks off-site, too.)

Thanks for the help.

Upvote 0

KC82271

I believe its May 1st. We were in the World last year the last week of APril, first week of May and I booked my Nov trip on a bounceback offer and bought my tickets to MVMCP at the same time.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom