Must Watch Videos

dreamscometrue

Original Poster
Many of us on the @wdwmagic site, absolutely love watching wonderful videos of current attractions and shows, as well as reading and watching documentaries about the history of Disney parks and attractions. I own every book that I’ve ever found on Imagineering, the Disney Parks, attractions and Walt Disney. I also have many videos, and I search the internet and the tv listings frequently for any Disney related show. I am particularly fond of the stories behind how individual attractions came to fruition (or didn’t), and the technology that is used to create the experiences we enjoy in the parks.

If you can relate to the paragraph above, you absolutely owe it to yourself to check out the extensive catalogue of wonderful videos by Martin Smith, at www.martinsvids.net/. Seriously…it’s a must! We are fortunate to have Martin (@marni1971 ) as a member on this site, and he brings wonderful ‘insider’ information, as do a few other very reliable people on here. But if you want to be thoroughly entertained and learn the very detailed and enthralling stories behind the rides and shows, you have to watch his videos. They are all awesome!

Last night, I enjoyed his ‘Reflections of Earth’ video, featuring the new lasers and effects. It was an entertaining watch. Other times, I love to check out those that blend history and entertainment, such as ‘Splash Mountain WDW-Ultimate HD Tribute’, ‘The American Adventure HD’ or ‘Twilight Zone Tower of Terror WDW HD-Ultimate Tribute’. I’ve learned so much from each one. If you’re a Disney Parks fan, you need to visit and bookmark Martin’s site. You’ll be glad you did.

(The above is NOT a paid ad for Martin’s site. We’ve never met, nor communicated via PM. Although several people on here are likely familiar with Martin’s videos, I’d guess there are many more people on here unaware, and missing out. Every time I visit the site and watch a video, I am thrilled, and I learn something. Everyone on here should have the opportunity to do that as well. :)).

Cheers

Last edited:

brb1006

Here's some old Walt Disney World videos from the 90's of the Disney characters waterskiing on Seven Seas Lagoon near the entrance to the Magic Kingdom. Did anyone else see this during their visits to WDW during the 80's and 90's when they took the Ferry to the Magic Kingdom? Because that would be a great way to introduce guests to the Magic Kingdom before heading to the ticket booth.

Cmdr_Crimson

I myself enjoy watching all the oddball and yet purely cheesy TV specials they did...

The Mouseketeers At Walt Disney World

The Muppets At Walt Disney World

Welcome To The World an odd Special about the Grand Opening of Space Mountain that waste 45 of the 50 mins with pointless and strange filler leaving 5 mins to just Space Mountain.....Watch and you'll see why...

WDW 15th anniversary Celebration..By far one of my favorite specials...But, for some reason this upload is missing the first 15 minutes (Ironic) of the special...

dreamscometrue

Original Poster
Those look great @Cmdr_Crimson Thanks for posting. I'll be watching those over the next few evenings. I don't watch TV (well, except football, and Blue Jays games as of late) anymore, so videos like these, Martin's and others on YouTube are my main screen based entertainment. :)

RScottyL

I agree and I love watching the videos that people have shot and recorded, from those of rides and things no longer here, and of brand new things.

It gives us a chance to get our "Disney fix" when we can't be at the parks like we wish we could!

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
I quite enjoy watching the videos WidenYourWorld has put out. They really give you a great feeling of how the parks used to be.

In addition, I used to be really enthralled with Mesa Verde Times' Horizons adventures videos. This was just when I was starting to become a Disney geek, and Horizons was the old ride that intrigued me the most. If you don't know who they are, here's a summary: back in 1998 and 1999 these two guys started sneaking off into the sets and backstage of Horizons at Epcot and recorded their adventures. The videos are pretty funny and they also show Horizons from angles people had never seen before.

Of course, and I've mentioned this many times before, Martin has the best Disney park videos online. The first one I saw was his tribute to Horizons. When I started coming to these forums and saw that he was a member, I was very excited.

brb1006

I quite enjoy watching the videos WidenYourWorld has put out. They really give you a great feeling of how the parks used to be.

In addition, I used to be really enthralled with Mesa Verde Times' Horizons adventures videos. This was just when I was starting to become a Disney geek, and Horizons was the old ride that intrigued me the most. If you don't know who they are, here's a summary: back in 1998 and 1999 these two guys started sneaking off into the sets and backstage of Horizons at Epcot and recorded their adventures. The videos are pretty funny and they also show Horizons from angles people had never seen before.

Of course, and I've mentioned this many times before, Martin has the best Disney park videos online. The first one I saw was his tribute to Horizons. When I started coming to these forums and saw that he was a member, I was very excited.
I been watching Martins videos for a long time starting around 2008 when I started Middle School.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom