Must Re-Do Disney

spacemt354

Chili's
It's going to be like the Great Movie Ride Competition.

I have a few ideas, like elimination. If I do decide to do eliminations, this may make the competition longer. So far, my allotted time to do this is from November 5-January 20, excluding New Year's week.

There's going to be new rides that haven't really been seen in refurbishment competitions, like Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, the Haunted Mansion etc. Ones who rack up the most points will get the feeling of winning :p.

I'm looking for detailed designs. A post that will make me feel that I am actually aboard this new attraction. The post's doesn't need to be terribly detailed, but they need to immerse me.

The goal of this competition is to make Walt Disney World and other Disney Parks feel like they've completely transformed into something new. That sounds like a lot of work to do in order to have change, and that's why I said in the first post, longer if wanted.

I can link the Great Movie Ride Competition to get an idea of how this competition will be structured, how it'll look. https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-great-movie-ride-projects-announcements.924471/

It's sort of like that, but without movies. It's hard for me to explain but I'm trying my best.
So to summarize what I'm gathering for @Driver

A team based, multi-month imagineering competition where the goal will be to refurbish some of Disney's top attractions to make Disney Parks look and feel different.

Eliminations, where the weakest performer for a round is eliminated narrowing it down to one winner in the end, is a possible format for the competition. However that is undecided.

Detail is encouraged, so artistic renderings will be encouraged as well. Winner of each project will tend to be the team who immerses the judges the best.

---
Also, and again not to insult, but if youre having trouble as the host explaining your own competiton, then it might need some tweaks/revisions before it begins so you can be able to explain it.

Driver

A team based, multi-month imagineering competition where the goal will be to refurbish some of Disney's top attractions to make Disney Parks look and feel different.

Eliminations, where the weakest performer for a round is eliminated narrowing it down to one winner in the end, is a possible format for the competition. However that is undecided.

Detail is encouraged, so artistic renderings will be encouraged as well. Winner of each project will tend to be the team who immerses the judges the best.

---
Also, and again not to insult, but if youre having trouble as the host explaining your own competiton, then it might need some tweaks/revisions before it begins so you can be able to explain it.
Thank you for taking the time to explain.... now I get it!

DisneyForever

Original Poster

---
Oh no, you're not insulting me. Once I have finalized plans, should I edit the first post, or create a new thread? Or just add a new post here for the actual details?

spacemt354

Chili's
Oh no, you're not insulting me. Once I have finalized plans, should I edit the first post, or create a new thread? Or just add a new post here for the actual details?
Good, good. Just making sure. And you already have this one and over half a dozen signed up so far - if you tag them and post the finalized plan here it should suffice. Also you mentioned something about a PM to keep track of stuff? Feel free to add me to that - I didn't know you were waiting till Nov to start. I should be able to make a better judgment on availability by then.

spacemt354

Chili's
It's Halloween, no update yet on this, so a perfect time to resurrect this meme:p
CcjKJyzWEAAQCpo.jpg

DisneyForever

Original Poster
Must Re-Do Disney Competition
Launching November 5!

Welcome, one and all, to the Must Re-Do Disney Competition! I'm your host, DisneyForever, and we'll be going around, park to park, re-doing rides and attractions. We have a fun line-up ahead, so keep reading to find out more!

Our tour begins now, as we look at a few key things, such as:
1. This is not an elimination competition.
2. From Nov 5-Jan 25, excluding holidays.

3. Re-doing attractions and restaurants only, no shops.
4. Week 5 and Week 10 are big re-dos, may extend dates.
5. The blog will be used.

The blog is as followed: www.mustredodisney.wordpress.com

So far, there are four groups:

MK:
mickeyfan5534
Disneylover152
DisneyFan18
@Disney Dad 3000 (Assuming in December)

EP:
AceAstro
TwilightZone
Magic Feather
Disney Lover Addie

HWS:
David2319
DlpPhantom
spacemt354
(One More if Possible)

AK:
kmbmw777
D Hindley
Pionmyface
@S.P.E.W (Maybe)

I would like to see some eye-popping creations, ones that will immerse me as if I were there. The idea of this competition is to make Disney Parks feel and look different than they are today. Artistic renderings are highly appreciated, computer or hand-drawn pictures are also fine. The winners will get the appreciation of winning, and will also get to tweak other teams' creations. If another competition comes around, the winners will get to guest judge. I do hope to do a Season 2 if this works out nicely.

If anyone knows one more that may be into this, please tag them. Team HWS could use it, and if Disney Dad 3000 and S.P.E.W don't get to this, then a replacement will be there.

P.S. Sorry for not posting. Been busy with school and busy in general. Hope to see you all Sunday! Have fun!

P.P.S.S. Hope I covered a lot for all of you.​

FigmentPigments

Must Re-Do Disney Competition
Launching November 5!

Welcome, one and all, to the Must Re-Do Disney Competition! I'm your host, DisneyForever, and we'll be going around, park to park, re-doing rides and attractions. We have a fun line-up ahead, so keep reading to find out more!

Our tour begins now, as we look at a few key things, such as:
1. This is not an elimination competition.
2. From Nov 5-Jan 25, excluding holidays.

3. Re-doing attractions and restaurants only, no shops.
4. Week 5 and Week 10 are big re-dos, may extend dates.
5. The blog will be used.

The blog is as followed: www.mustredodisney.wordpress.com

So far, there are four groups:

MK:
mickeyfan5534
Disneylover152
DisneyFan18
@Disney Dad 3000 (Assuming in December)

EP:
AceAstro
TwilightZone
Magic Feather
Disney Lover Addie

HWS:
David2319
DlpPhantom
spacemt354
(One More if Possible)

AK:
kmbmw777
D Hindley
Pionmyface
@S.P.E.W (Maybe)

I would like to see some eye-popping creations, ones that will immerse me as if I were there. The idea of this competition is to make Disney Parks feel and look different than they are today. Artistic renderings are highly appreciated, computer or hand-drawn pictures are also fine. The winners will get the appreciation of winning, and will also get to tweak other teams' creations. If another competition comes around, the winners will get to guest judge. I do hope to do a Season 2 if this works out nicely.

If anyone knows one more that may be into this, please tag them. Team HWS could use it, and if Disney Dad 3000 and S.P.E.W don't get to this, then a replacement will be there.

P.S. Sorry for not posting. Been busy with school and busy in general. Hope to see you all Sunday! Have fun!

P.P.S.S. Hope I covered a lot for all of you.​
Hi! I may have to start slow (still recovering), but can I still join? If not, no worries; I'm a little late to the party. :)

DisneyForever

Original Poster
Challenge 1
Carousel of Progress

The first challenge is a very special one of mine. I love the Carousel of Progress and I want to see what you do with it. You may update the Carousel of Progress or create a whole new show. There are a few things you must keep though:
  • The carousel must still rotate.
  • There should still be side curtains with things in them.
  • There must be animatronics implanted somehow in the show.
  • There should still be 4 scenes plus introduction stage.
If you have time and you can, please include a narration. You won't get points off or anything, it would just be an extra point. This is a sacred ride to me and I can't wait to see what you all do with it. Remember, artistic renderings are highly appreciated, and I'd like detail, as in to immerse me and be eye-catching.

You have from now until Friday, and Saturday will be judging. I might include "extra credit" but I might not. If I do, make sure to check the blog. Good luck and hope to see some... PROGRESS ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom