Must-Do's at Grand Floridian

nycdrummer

Original Poster
Heading to Disney next week for a week long stay at the GF. It's our first time staying at the resort, normally we're a Port Orleans Riverside family but this is a special occasion. We have park passes every day but given that some of the parks close on the earlier side and we have earlier dinner reservations, we'll be spending more time back at the resort than usual. For those who are GF vets, what are some of the things we have to do? Any and all advice is greatly appreciate.

COrunner

Heading to Disney next week for a week long stay at the GF. It's our first time staying at the resort, normally we're a Port Orleans Riverside family but this is a special occasion. We have park passes every day but given that some of the parks close on the earlier side and we have earlier dinner reservations, we'll be spending more time back at the resort than usual. For those who are GF vets, what are some of the things we have to do? Any and all advice is greatly appreciate.
Not sure if it is still offered, but I do recall them doing a tea service or a semi-fancy meal we did once. Enjoy the GF, have friends there now that got the magic upgrade to it and are psyched. Great resort, especially with the walk way now!

MarvelCharacterNerd

Sadly, I don't think their wonderful character meals in 1900 Park Fare are happening, and the orchestra is now gone, and I don't think they are currently doing the tea service in the tea room (per their website). But the chocolate Easter Egg display might still be up while you're there and that's cool to see..

LovePop

What to do at the Grand? I enjoyed going downstairs to eat food at the concierge, but they don't have that right now. I liked going to the food court and cook a bowl of ramen in the microwave and eat it. The quiet pool is very beautiful and I enjoyed sitting there with the kids. At night, I sat outside the food court on the steps to watch the fireworks (they don't have that now, I guess.) Sometimes I sat on the sandy beach and watch the kids play sand and toast marshmallows. The walk from GF to Poly is absolutely beautiful with lake view, you walk by the wedding pavilion, and at night when you can see the fireworks at MK (not now.) Once at Poly, you can monorail back to GF (or even walk, if all else fails). I haven't walked to MK but it looks awesome. One can also go to Contemp and eat there.
But mostly, we just stay in the room and enjoy our view. For $$$$ a night, we spend as much time there as we can! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom