Musicals (Broadway, Off-Broadway, and Others)

Princess Leia

Original Poster

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Ummmm, no. Just no. I’m out.

WEST SIDE STORY Revival Will Not Include 'I Feel Pretty' and the 'Somewhere' Ballet

More on the revival...

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Tina Fey is turning the Mean Girls musical into a movie, release date in 2021.

I have yet to listen to the cast recording, but I’ll get to it eventually. I follow the actress who is playing Regina on the US tour, but that’s about it for me.

Speaking of Reginas, I was cast in the ensemble for Rock of Ages, so that’s starting to take up a lot of time for me. The goal is to just impress the director and music director (first time working with both of them) to have them cast me in a lead/supporting role for the next show.

Last edited:

BuddyThomas

Well, I finally bit the bullet and bought totally overpriced tickets to Moulin Rouge for next Wednesday night, which just happens to be my 52 millionth birthday. I just gritted my teeth and pressed "buy", and now I am the owner of two front row mezz seats, and to make up for it, I only have to eat rice and beans for dinner for about 3 years. ;)

Disney Analyst

Well, I finally bit the bullet and bought totally overpriced tickets to Moulin Rouge for next Wednesday night, which just happens to be my 52 millionth birthday. I just gritted my teeth and pressed "buy", and now I am the owner of two front row mezz seats, and to make up for it, I only have to eat rice and beans for dinner for about 3 years. ;)

Can’t wait to hear your thoughts. Friends just saw it and said “meh”.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Would love to read a review! Happy belated birthday!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Changes debut tonight that were made when they rehearsed and developed the tour. Including a new song.

And after audiences appeared to express confusion over the fates of the King and Queen of Arendelle, the team restaged the scene with added choreography and a new visual to more clearly depict their deaths at sea.

Well that makes sense since the sequel makes it definitive that they died and just weren't lost on some deserted island. I could imagine the original Broadway show wanting to keep that vague just in case they really didn't die.

WowFactor

I experienced once the immersive Puchdrunk’s hit “Sleep No More“ at “McKittrick Hotel” and I was absolute amazed. Now I’m seeing they have another show, “The woman in black”. This one seems to be a pocket ghost story... So, have you guys been on there? Any impressions?

BuddyThomas

Would love to read a review! Happy belated birthday!
I mean, it's not great art by any means, but I loved every single minute of it. By contrast, Philmonster hated every single minute of it, but he basically had decided that he was going to hate it before he sat down, so whatevs. But in my opinion, it is total fun. The set, which is basically the entire theatre, is incredible, and the performers are out of this world. The story is the same as the movie, but most of the songs have been changed. Now we have songs by Pink, Katy Perry, Beyonce, and others. But to me, it still works, and maybe even better. It's being advertised as a "spectacular spectacular" and that is exactly what it is. Over the top, gigantic show in every way. And now, I thought I would give you a single sentence from Philmonster's review, for contrast:

"So, Satine is sitting in her dressing room, and for no reason at all, she just starts singing Firework by Katie Perry. Huhhhh???"

Anyway, yeah there is a lot of that kind of thing, and if you can't accept the gimmick of all sorts of modern pop songs in a period piece, this may not be for you.

They aired the entire opening sequence on Good Morning America the other day, and this should give you a good idea of what this show looks like. Here it is:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom