Musicals (Broadway, Off-Broadway, and Others)

Disneylover152

Would you mind to share your thoughts on Hunchback?

I will probably get some hate on this, but I really dislike the story of The Hunchback of Notre Dame. I love Quasimodo as a character, but I don't like the story, and I really don't like the songs (exception "Out There").

It's darker than the movie, and the set was really cool and the actors were really good, but I remember not being impressed with the score and the book was very, very confusing. But yea, take the Disney Movie, keep the songs, characters and the basic story, but make the movie a whole lot darker.

Disneylover152

It's darker than the movie, and the set was really cool and the actors were really good, but I remember not being impressed with the score and the book was very, very confusing. But yea, take the Disney Movie, keep the songs, characters and the basic story, but make the movie a whole lot darker.

And I forgot. Make the movie a whole lot darker and add unnecessary subplots that have nothing to do with the show or downgrade it.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Me too. I thought about a trip to Boston but they are charging $199.00 for the tickets. Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
Yeah if I can’t fork over $200 for Hamilton (though I will continue to enter the lottery every week, then spend about $200 on travel to Chicago if I get tix), I can’t see myself spending that on Moulin Rouge either.

BuddyThomas

Yeah if I can’t fork over $200 for Hamilton (though I will continue to enter the lottery every week, then spend about $200 on travel to Chicago if I get tix), I can’t see myself spending that on Moulin Rouge either.
Someone on a Broadway chat board posted the song list. Apparently very different from the movie. Sounds....interesting?

Amores Como El Nuestro

Bad Romance

Because We Can

Brick House

Can’t Help Falling in Love

Chandelier

Children of the Revolution

Come What May

Crazy

Diamonds

Diamonds are a Girl’s Best Friend

Diamonds are Forever

Don’t Speak

Don’t You Want Me

Everlasting Love

Every Breath You Take

Fidelity

Firework

Galop Infernal

Gimme Shelter

Heroes

Hey Ya!

I Don’t Want to Wait

I Love You Always Forever

I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me)

I Will Always Love You

It Ain’t Me Babe

Jungle Boogie

L’amour Est Oiseaux

La Vie en Rose

Lady Marmalade

Love Hurts

Love is a Battlefield

Material Girl

Milord

Money (That’s What I Want)

Mr. Big Stuff

Nature Boy

Never Gonna Give You Up

One More Night

Only Girl in the World

Play the Game

Pride (In the Name of Love)

Raise Your Glass

Rhythm of the Night

Ride Wit Me

Rolling the Deep

Roxanne

Royals

Seven Nation Army

Shake It Out

Shut Up and Dance

Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It)

So Fresh So Clean

Such Great Heights

Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)

Sympathy for the Devil

Tainted Love

Take On Me

The Sound of Music

Torn

Toxic

Up Where We Belong

We Are Young

What’s Love Got to Do with It

You Can’t Always Get What You Want

You Spin Me Round

Your Song

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Someone on a Broadway chat board posted the song list. Apparently very different from the movie. Sounds....interesting?

Amores Como El Nuestro

Bad Romance

Because We Can

Brick House

Can’t Help Falling in Love

Chandelier

Children of the Revolution

Come What May

Crazy

Diamonds

Diamonds are a Girl’s Best Friend

Diamonds are Forever

Don’t Speak

Don’t You Want Me

Everlasting Love

Every Breath You Take

Fidelity

Firework

Galop Infernal

Gimme Shelter

Heroes

Hey Ya!

I Don’t Want to Wait

I Love You Always Forever

I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me)

I Will Always Love You

It Ain’t Me Babe

Jungle Boogie

L’amour Est Oiseaux

La Vie en Rose

Lady Marmalade

Love Hurts

Love is a Battlefield

Material Girl

Milord

Money (That’s What I Want)

Mr. Big Stuff

Nature Boy

Never Gonna Give You Up

One More Night

Only Girl in the World

Play the Game

Pride (In the Name of Love)

Raise Your Glass

Rhythm of the Night

Ride Wit Me

Rolling the Deep

Roxanne

Royals

Seven Nation Army

Shake It Out

Shut Up and Dance

Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It)

So Fresh So Clean

Such Great Heights

Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)

Sympathy for the Devil

Tainted Love

Take On Me

The Sound of Music

Torn

Toxic

Up Where We Belong

We Are Young

What’s Love Got to Do with It

You Can’t Always Get What You Want

You Spin Me Round

Your Song
Oh.
Oh no.
Oh no no no no no

Like, I figured they would have to add more songs, but unless some of the ones you listed are part of a jumbo montage, that makes me a little worried

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Such is the world of Juke Box musicals, especially when the songs are from different artists and production companies. Musical rights come and go.

Seth Rudetsky's Disaster! had a few different songs in its Broadway run compared to off-Broadway because of rights issues.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Such is the world of Juke Box musicals, especially when the songs are from different artists and production companies. Musical rights come and go.

Seth Rudetsky's Disaster! had a few different songs in its Broadway run compared to off-Broadway because of rights issues.
There are a couple that I’m not surprised to see removed (Smells Like Teen Spirit is the big one to me), but it’s the inclusion of some pretty recent songs that seems a little off.

BuddyThomas

That's right, folks. King Kong is coming to Broadway this fall. I just walked by the theatre, and all the signs are up.
image.jpeg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Is the new Go Gos musical on anybody's radar? It's in previews but I don't think its sell my very well at the moment:

My expectation of a jukebox musical is that they sing the songs *better* than the original artists. Mimicking the bad synth pop band, playing the music louder over the voices, providing less harmonization, and the equally bad diction of the original song is not my idea of 'good.'

And I like the Go-Gos. Even with their marble mouthed off-pitchiness.

The story is going to have to be really, really, really, darned good to save it.

Disneylover152

Is the new Go Gos musical on anybody's radar? It's in previews but I don't think its sell my very well at the moment:

It's already opened.

I have no urge to go see it. But yet, that's what I thought about Spongebob when it opened and look where I am now. Spongesobbing and mourning it's show closing.

I will go see it because I go see every Broadway Musical. Then I go cheer on my favorites at the Tony Awards and hope they don't get robbed (Spongebob).

BuddyThomas

It's already opened.

I have no urge to go see it. But yet, that's what I thought about Spongebob when it opened and look where I am now. Spongesobbing and mourning it's show closing.

I will go see it because I go see every Broadway Musical. Then I go cheer on my favorites at the Tony Awards and hope they don't get robbed (Spongebob).

No, it hasn't opened yet. It is in previews. Opening night is July 26.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom