Music or sports?

katie123

Original Poster
Looking at booking All Stars Resort (either sports or music) for next summer for me, DH and DS14. We have not stayed at the value resorts before, but as we don't spend much time at the resort, we thought we would give it a go.
I know it's down to preference, but I would appreciate others opinions on which they prefer and why.
Thanks for your help.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Of the two personally I like the Sports better. It surprised me because I'm not really into sports but both are fine. So why do I like sports better? If the three All Stars share buses (which they do sometimes) Sports is the first stop and at the end of the day that is nice. Also I liked the layout of the sports a little better. Actually of the 3 All Stars I like the theme of the Movies the best, it seems the most Disney to me.

Mickey5150

We always go Sports. Besides bussing the other plus of Sports over Music is the layout of the resort. Music is one long central walkway which could put you very far from the main building. At Sports the building branch off in different directions which keeps the farthest buildings closer. I also feel the layout of Sports plus all the vegetation makes for a much more beautiful landscape. Beyond that the amenities are the same for either hotel but Sports is usually a few bucks cheaper.

belledream

Like you said, it mainly comes down to preference, and there's not much to agonize over in terms of differences. I'll almost always choose Music over Sports for the little extra theming (Jazz Inn courtyard area gives off shades of Port Orleans vibes), but if Sports were $2 less a night, I'd stay there, no issues whatsoever. Also, All Stars don't share buses as often as people think, but Sports *is* about 10 seconds closer to everything than Music. Just stay wherever you want to stay! Both rooms and Food Courts are updated and identical save the decor.

Pixieish

Like you said, it mainly comes down to preference, and there's not much to agonize over in terms of differences. I'll almost always choose Music over Sports for the little extra theming (Jazz Inn courtyard area gives off shades of Port Orleans vibes), but if Sports were $2 less a night, I'd stay there, no issues whatsoever. Also, All Stars don't share buses as often as people think, but Sports *is* about 10 seconds closer to everything than Music. Just stay wherever you want to stay! Both rooms and Food Courts are updated and identical save the decor.

Yep, the dreaded "shared busing" misinformation. We've stayed at moves 3 times (almost 3 weeks total) and only shared a bus maybe 3 times.

Dad 2 M & M

Yep, the dreaded "shared busing" misinformation. We've stayed at moves 3 times (almost 3 weeks total) and only shared a bus maybe 3 times.
WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!

We thought we were the ONLY peeps that had the opinion the shared busing was an Urban Legend!!!

We've stayed multiple times at the All-Stars and NEVER had shared busing. I see you have had the experience of shared busing; was it during the day? Midday returning or heading to the parks? We generally leave the resort and don't return until late, so maybe that explains why we haven't had the shared busing?

Last note.....Only time we EVER had shared busing was at the Beach Club, and LATE LATE LATE one night at Epcot returning to AoA (shared with Pop).

Dad 2 M & M

Yup! And it's kinda silly to harp on, because I've definitely seen places like GF/Poly sharing buses during the slower afternoon hours as well. Ah well. :hilarious:
It is silly to harp on...Beach, Yacht, Swan/Dolphin share 100% of the time to AK/MK....don't hear an inferior mention there... and water taxi to Epcot DHS is also 100% shared.....

belledream

It is silly to harp on...Beach, Yacht, Swan/Dolphin share 100% of the time to AK/MK....don't hear an inferior mention there... and water taxi to Epcot DHS is also 100% shared.....
People knock the All Stars for many reasons. It’s just another one they feel they can add on to the heap of the pile I suppose! I’m just glad that as a family, we were and are always able to enjoy ourselves there, and we especially enjoy the extended trips and extra goodies that came because of it. :) To each his own!

As for your first question, I’ve stayed there so many times and in recent memory, the only time I can recall sharing is once on the way to the water parks or Downtown Disney which was late morning/early evening, which makes sense as they aren’t as popular destinations as the four parks. Definitely have not shared to those places in the early morning or late night, which like you, is where we mostly find ourselves. :)

Pixieish

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!

We thought we were the ONLY peeps that had the opinion the shared busing was an Urban Legend!!!

We've stayed multiple times at the All-Stars and NEVER had shared busing. I see you have had the experience of shared busing; was it during the day? Midday returning or heading to the parks? We generally leave the resort and don't return until late, so maybe that explains why we haven't had the shared busing?

Last note.....Only time we EVER had shared busing was at the Beach Club, and LATE LATE LATE one night at Epcot returning to AoA (shared with Pop).

Some people just like to complain, honestly, and they probably only paid attention to the buses when they WERE sharing because it took longer/was crowded. They only share buses when it's not as busy, like during the mid-day.

Dad 2 M & M

AllStarResort l.jpg
Looking at booking All Stars Resort (either sports or music) for next summer for me, DH and DS14. We have not stayed at the value resorts before, but as we don't spend much time at the resort, we thought we would give it a go.
I know it's down to preference, but I would appreciate others opinions on which they prefer and why.
Thanks for your help.
We prefer Music over Sports...Sports can have domestic tour groups (Cheerleader, Baseball. Soccer, etc..) and they can be a challenge to say the least.

Consider the Jazz Inn at Music.....it is close enough to be "centrally located" to all three food courts/busing. You can easily walk to Sports' Stadium Hall, Music's Melody Hall, or Movies' Cinema Hall from the Jazz Inn. While you may not see the proximity to the food courts as a reason to stay at the Jazz Inn, the busing when leaving the Parks could sway your decision. When leaving the parks, you could take the 1st All-Star bus that shows up, rather than waiting for your resort specific bus. See attached pic

Dave B

They really are all like staying at one big resort, you can walk or drive between all three All Stars, they share a giant parking lot and are pretty much interchangeable. Each will have its own pool and food court, but you can go to any of the three, only difference is the specific theming

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
The shared busing is not misinformation. I was just there this past weekend (got back yesterday) and in the afternoon on 2 of the days I was there the bus picked up at the Sports and continued to drop off and pick up at the other All Stars. This has happened on other stay as well, and it was always mid to late afternoon.

The buses have always been separate in the mornings when I stayed at the All-Stars and usually at night.

I think to say that they always share buses is misinformation, but they do sometimes share buses.

Miceberg

Re: Buses
All three resorts are close together. I've stayed at Movies and Sports. When leaving the Parks, I'd choose whichever All Star Bus arrived first, rode it to that resort and walked over to my resort/room.

Pixieish

The shared busing is not misinformation. I was just there this past weekend (got back yesterday) and in the afternoon on 2 of the days I was there the bus picked up at the Sports and continued to drop off and pick up at the other All Stars. This has happened on other stay as well, and it was always mid to late afternoon.

The buses have always been separate in the mornings when I stayed at the All-Stars and usually at night.

I think to say that they always share buses is misinformation, but they do sometimes share buses.

Agreed. They do SOMETIMES share buses. You wouldn't believe how many times I've seen people say they ALWAYS share buses...telling people to avoid the All-Stars based on that alone. It's bad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom