Music from spectromagic parade

pilka214

Original Poster
ok so i was on itunes gettin some info for some music, and i was trying to get some info on the band "They might be giants" and i came across a song from a disney archives album called baroque hoedown.... so i gave it a listen and it sounds like the song used in the spectromagic parade.... i just want a little clarification if anyone can give me an answer on wether or not they might be giants actually did the song for this parade.

Captain Hank

Baroque Hoedown was the theme for the Main Street Electrical Parade (and, later, Light Magic). It is not used in Spectromagic, nor did They Might Be Giants do the original recordings for the parades in which it was used.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Technically, Perrey/Kingsley developed the basic theme for the Electrical Water Pageant which premiered at the Polynesian Resorts dedication in October 1971. Disneyland wanted a similar show, had no lake, so put wheels on the boats and the MSEP was born in 1972, using the same theme. Not to be outdone, WDW built its version in 1977, again using the same theme.

In a nutshell.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom