Music at POR Food Court

MouseDreaming

I just got back from a week long stay at POR. During my visit, I noticed a Riverside "theme song" playing in the food court every so often. I noticed it twice during the afternoon and evening and once in the morning. The CMs bring out small musical instruments for children, and they do a little parade through the food court. It's a man's voice who comes out and welcomes us, and tells us how great it is to be staying there. Then a song plays that says "Here at the Riverside" way too many times. It gets stuck in your head as bad as IASW. The music is coming from the top of the condiment/soda section of the food court.

When did they start this, and do they have it at other resorts?

It's kind of obnoxious and takes away from the ambiance, IMO.
OMG. I thought I was the only one. I was there for breakfast with my DD, and I was trying to get napkins, straws, and such, but was blocked by "the parade". I told myself that I was just being a fuddy duddy, that if DD were a few years younger, I would think it was really cute, and be one of the parents trying to follow and capture it all on my Iwhatever. But, she isn't, and I didn't get any coffee and the Mickey waffles were buckwheat, and we had a very hard time finding a table for the 2 of us. I could have done without it.

PUSH

Original Poster
OMG. I thought I was the only one. I was there for breakfast with my DD, and I was trying to get napkins, straws, and such, but was blocked by "the parade". I told myself that I was just being a fuddy duddy, that if DD were a few years younger, I would think it was really cute, and be one of the parents trying to follow and capture it all on my Iwhatever. But, she isn't, and I didn't get any coffee and the Mickey waffles were buckwheat, and we had a very hard time finding a table for the 2 of us. I could have done without it.
Maybe that's the reason. To block people off from getting napkins/straws/refills/salt/pepper/etc. It's probably a money saving cost.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom