Rumor Muppets to Take Over The Hall of Presidents

ToTBellHop

Even if it’s a President I politically agree with, the show is still boring. And I say that as someone who LOVES carousel of progress and the American adventure. Who thinks naming every single president one by one makes for a interesting theme park show?
Personally, I like Miss Piggy as GW and think she should play all 45 men. I once saw her portray James K. Polk. Chills.

jt04

I love this show, they should just remove the current Presidents talking part and leave it exactly as it is. Not only would it remove the current political animosity but they wouldn’t have to close the show down for months to redo it every 4-8 years.

Agreed. Maybe they could make it a pre-show for AA at Epcot if they bring in the muppets to MK.

RSoxNo1

They need to eliminate the Liberty Square theme and Hall of Presidents entirely. Eliminating the Liberty Square theme/name will allow them to put the Muppets in that space with a bit more flexibility.

jt04

They need to eliminate the Liberty Square theme and Hall of Presidents entirely. Eliminating the Liberty Square theme/name will allow them to put the Muppets in that space with a bit more flexibility.

But the architecture is very place and time specific. They just need a new name for the HoP IMO.

Likely the main theme would be a celebration of freedom/liberty. And mayhem Muppet style.

RSoxNo1

But the architecture is very place and time specific. They just need a new name for the HoP IMO.

Likely the main theme would be a celebration of freedom/liberty. And mayhem Muppet style.
IMO, all of Liberty Square and Frontierland needs an overhaul. The architecture can be tweaked, and the theme modified to something that allows for logical expansion.

Liberty Square to Frontierland has a complexity of theming that no other land at WDW really has. As you move through the land you are seeing the passage of time and geographic location. Any modification to the area dilutes that theme. They did it with Splash Mountain initially, but the bandaid needs to be ripped off. I'm dancing around an actual solution here, saving it for a podcast discussion but I'm comfortable identifying the problems.

To be clear, I don't think the Frontierland/Liberty Square theming issue is a bigger issue than everything that's wrong with Tomorrowland, but it is absolutely something that will need to be addressed in time.

Tom Sawyer Island and the Rivers of America represent a significant amount of real estate in the park that is underutilized. Something to think about, Haunted Mansion is closer to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad as the [raven] flies than it is to Splash Mountain. Filling in part of the Rivers of America and connecting Haunted Mansion and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad presents a wide range of possibilities. From a theming standpoint, The Haunted Mansion and its variants exist in Liberty Square, New Orleans Square, Frontierland, Fantasyland and Mystic Point when looking around the world.

jt04

IMO, all of Liberty Square and Frontierland needs an overhaul. The architecture can be tweaked, and the theme modified to something that allows for logical expansion.

Liberty Square to Frontierland has a complexity of theming that no other land at WDW really has. As you move through the land you are seeing the passage of time and geographic location. Any modification to the area dilutes that theme. They did it with Splash Mountain initially, but the bandaid needs to be ripped off. I'm dancing around an actual solution here, saving it for a podcast discussion but I'm comfortable identifying the problems.

To be clear, I don't think the Frontierland/Liberty Square theming issue is a bigger issue than everything that's wrong with Tomorrowland, but it is absolutely something that will need to be addressed in time.

Tom Sawyer Island and the Rivers of America represent a significant amount of real estate in the park that is underutilized. Something to think about, Haunted Mansion is closer to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad as the [raven] flies than it is to Splash Mountain. Filling in part of the Rivers of America and connecting Haunted Mansion and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad presents a wide range of possibilities. From a theming standpoint, The Haunted Mansion and its variants exist in Liberty Square, New Orleans Square, Frontierland, Fantasyland and Mystic Point when looking around the world.

I like where you are going with this. Very cool if they could get it approved. Liberty Square architecture is some of the best in the park. So as long as that stays and a tall ship gets added, I'm good with it.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Just need a more encompassing name such as "The American Story." Then the jumble of New England Gothic mansions and sea faring towns with Colonial Philadelphia and Boston with the Deep South with the Mississippi Basin with the Old West with the Southwestern expansion can all be one land.

Heck, put some sort of Americana pathway from Crystal Palace to Sleepy Hollow along the edge of the hub and then we can throw in Main Street in with that one mega land.

At least this way, some sort of future attraction set in New Orleans would fit...

MadTeacup

We're about a month away from July 4th, any new details on when this will open or what changes (besides Biden) will there be?

I'm wondering will they wait until Oct 1 to reopen?
From what I'm hearing, no major physical changes are happening to the show besides new placement of the former and current presidents and many of the animatronics being dressed with new costumes. (weird fact: each president has his own custom crotch stuffing to make his pants fit accurately.) No active construction in the theater suggests only the usual modest changes to the dialogue and video.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom