Rumor Muppets to Take Over The Hall of Presidents

ToTBellHop

It doesn't have to be about America. Could be anything. I don't know if a ride would fit in that space, so maybe a new show. I remember being completely bored when my parents dragged me into this as a kid, and I've never been back or forced my kids to watch it.
I mean, it’s Liberty Square. It really should be about America unless they want a haunted village...

lazyboy97o

I think they should demolish the whole attraction. It's boring, dated, and nowadays people have very strong political opinions so it's better to just avoid politics at a theme park. They should put something completely different in that space.

It doesn't have to be about America. Could be anything. I don't know if a ride would fit in that space, so maybe a new show. I remember being completely bored when my parents dragged me into this as a kid, and I've never been back or forced my kids to watch it.
How can you know something is boring and dated if you have not seen it in decades?

TikibirdLand

I love this show, they should just remove the current Presidents talking part and leave it exactly as it is. Not only would it remove the current political animosity but they wouldn’t have to close the show down for months to redo it every 4-8 years.
If you did that, just put stormtrooper outfits on them. Maybe theme the interior to look like a hangar bay. That could soften up the crowds in GE!

LaughingGravy

Just Lincoln or Washington or both speaking, thanks.
Or mix it up and have William Henry Harrison opine on how much he could have done in his day and how his plans were thwarted by the doctors placing him in bed and undressing him, then diagnosing him with right lower lobe pneumonia, and afterward placed heated suction cups on his bare body as well as administering a series of bloodlettings to draw out the disease.

Those procedures failed to bring about improvement, so the doctors treated him with ipecac, castor oil, calomel, mustard plasters, and finally with a boiled mixture of crude petroleum and Virginia snakeroot. All this only weakened Harrison further and the doctors came to the conclusion that he would not recover.
Now, there's a story.

ToTBellHop

Just Lincoln or Washington or both speaking, thanks.
Or mix it up and have William Henry Harrison opine on how much he could have done in his day and how his plans were thwarted by the doctors placing him in bed and undressing him, then diagnosing him with right lower lobe pneumonia, and afterward placed heated suction cups on his bare body as well as administering a series of bloodlettings to draw out the disease.

Those procedures failed to bring about improvement, so the doctors treated him with ipecac, castor oil, calomel, mustard plasters, and finally with a boiled mixture of crude petroleum and Virginia snakeroot. All this only weakened Harrison further and the doctors came to the conclusion that he would not recover.
Now, there's a story.
Thank goodness someone was smart enough to record Lincoln in the 1860s, knowing that one day we’d need those recordings for theme park shows.

MrConbon

The whole point of the attraction is to honor ALL of the men who have been US presidents! No matter who you voted for they deserve respect for being president of the USA.

The current president should give a speech - it’s truly a great moment in the show and I’ve thought that no matter who the current president was.

“Speech! Speech! Speech!”
Even if it’s a President I politically agree with, the show is still boring. And I say that as someone who LOVES carousel of progress and the American adventure. Who thinks naming every single president one by one makes for a interesting theme park show?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom