Rumor Muppets to Take Over The Hall of Presidents

Animaniac93-98

Our current media landscape is so segmented and vast in scope that realistically none of the old mainstays of American popular culture like Mickey Mouse, Looney Tunes, Hanna Barbara, The Muppets etc will ever enjoy the same popularity they once did. There's always some new and flashy distraction coming at an ever increasing speed.

The best Disney can hope for is a project that stands on its own two feet, and unfortunately most of the original master Muppet talent has either passed away or moved on.

FigmentJedi

Sunk Cost Fallacy. They spent so many years trying to get the rights, and then so much money on reboots that they never want to give up.

Which is why I think Disney was likely irked when Netflix's Dark Crystal show was being praised as the best thing from the Jim Henson brand in years.
You'd think with the Hensons openly expressing that they want to continue it somewhere else that they'd pounce on a "Dark Crystal: Garthim Wars".

Magenta Panther

I do! They’re fabulous. Easily among the funniest, most distinctive shorts Disney has ever made.
I totally agree. I think they're delightful overall. My only quibble is when the producers try to imitate John Kricfalusi (Ren and Stimpy) a bit too much, and draw the Mouse too off-model. But the latter problem seems to have been corrected in the new Mouse series "The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse", at least in the shorts I've seen. He looks much more like himself. Much better!

But I still wish they'd give Goofy back his pants!

Brer Oswald

I’ve had a few days to think about this.

How does this solve the greater issue people have with this attraction? The unpopular modern day presidents are still going to be there. Replacing Morgan Freeman with Kermit the Frog isn’t going to make that magically go away.

The best solution, if you want to keep the full list of Presidents, is to remove the speech. Limits any potential booing from 2 minutes to 5 seconds.

I've heard that IHOP will be taking over Cinderella castle and adding special Disney Princess pancakes at that location only, and there will be a drive through right through the center of the castle.

IF THEY EVER Prostitute the Hall of Presidents by doing something like this Disney will be dead to me, and I am sure Walt will come back to wreak his revenge. That is his personal monument to the office of President and it must NEVER be touched in that way.

Last edited:

Fox&Hound

I've heard that IHOP will be taking over Cinderella castle and adding special Disney Princess pancakes at that location only, and there will be a drive through right through the center of the castle.

IF THEY EVER Prostitute the Hall of Presidents by doing something like this Disney will be dead to me, and I am sure Walt will come back to wreak his revenge. That his monument to the office of President and it must NEVER be touched in that way.
Mmmmm, pancakes!

Shouldigo12

IF THEY EVER Prostitute the Hall of Presidents by doing something like this Disney will be dead to me, and I am sure Walt will come back to wreak his revenge. That is his personal monument to the office of President and it must NEVER be touched in that way.
Tell us how you really feel.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Yeah just, wh, wel bu uhhh mmmmmmm OK fine.
1610822593617.png

yensidtlaw1969

Lol... actually, that would be a GREAT location for a HM-themed restaurant, don'cha think?
I mean, I personally think that a Haunted Mansion restaurant wouldn't make thematic sense outside of The Haunted Mansion . . . and that a themed restaurant is likely to dilute The Haunted Mansion experience regardless of its placement . . . and I say this as a huge, huge Haunted Mansion fan . . .

. . . But, like, I get what you're trying to say.

lazyboy97o

I mean, I personally think that a Haunted Mansion restaurant wouldn't make thematic sense outside of The Haunted Mansion . . . and that a themed restaurant is likely to dilute The Haunted Mansion experience regardless of its placement . . . and I say this as a huge, huge Haunted Mansion fan . . .

. . . But, like, I get what you're trying to say.
At least those awful looking Haunted Mansion rooms didn’t materialize.

Shouldigo12

You mean these?

View attachment 524625

I've seen people do better Haunted Mansion themed rooms than this by going to Spirit Halloween and spending about the Disney Deluxe room rate. You'd think the Mouse could turn out something snappier.
Huh. What time period were these being looked at? For a 90's HM room this looks cute. For a modern HM room...well, it would look nice in the 90s.

Communicora

Premium Member
You mean these?

View attachment 524625

I've seen people do better Haunted Mansion themed rooms than this by going to Spirit Halloween and spending about the Disney Deluxe room rate. You'd think the Mouse could turn out something snappier.
It's an odd choice to design the beds to look like doom buggies instead of just making it look more like furniture that could be in the mansion. What a weird piece of concept art!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom