Rumor Muppets to Take Over The Hall of Presidents

The Visionary Soul

Original Poster
Well, it looks like the cat is about to be unleashed. The Muppets will be taking over The Hall of Presidents. From what I understand, the Muppets will have mostly a narrative role in the show, with the basic principle of the show remaining in tact. The Muppets just posted a cryptic message on Twitter, and I have a strong hunch that is what this is about. I’ve also been told by multiple sources that something is happening here, so I fully expect it. We should get an official announcement from the company in the next day or two.

Because of the nature of this news, I will ask that this thread remain in news and rumors at least for 24 hours. I will also ask that no one make this political. This is about the new show with The Muppets, nothing more.

If nothing comes of it in the next 2 days, please feel free to move it to the political section.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

JohnD

Well, it looks like the cat is about to be unleashed. The Muppets will be taking over The Hall of Presidents. From what I understand, the Muppets will have mostly a narrative role in the show, with the basic principle of the show remaining in tact. The Muppets just posted a cryptic message on Twitter, and I have a strong hunch that is what this is about. I’ve also been told by multiple sources that something is happening here, so I fully expect it. We should get an official announcement from the company in the next day or two.

Because of the nature of this news, I will ask that this thread remain in news and rumors at least for 24 hours. I will also ask that no one make this political. This is about the new show with The Muppets, nothing more.

If nothing comes of it in the next 2 days, please feel free to move it to the political section.

Today is January 14, not April 1.

ppete1975

I love the muppets and always want more muppets... but this would be a horrible mistake.
We talk about the loss of edutainment in epcot... this is worse
we talk about the loss of disney history... this is that
we talk about the dumbing down of society... this too
knee jerk reaction.. yep it would be
I understand not wanting to deal with the current situation or have to update constantly. Easy fix remove the last 60-80 years. Make it truly historical and dont update it again.

techgeek

Honestly it makes perfect sense from Disney's perspective. IP tie-in to a legacy show, coupled with the levity of the Muppets to defuse the political hot potato the show has become.

As long as it's done respectfully I have no real issue with it. The "Great Moments" show outside the theater was fantastic, and if that's a preview of what's to come with the main show I think it's in good hands. er.. flippers.

Some of the best Disney attractions are inspirationally sincere. The Hall of Presidents, Soarin', Flight of Passage, Illuminations. They dare to entertain and inspire.

In fact, the willingness to be absolutely sincere – to the edge of sappiness – is largely what sets Disney apart from Universal, which is usually too cool to try for that sincerity.

A Muppets Hall of Presidents could be fun. But it would be a shame to see Disney lose one of its most successfully sincere, inspirational attractions in the process.

hopemax

While I love the Muppets, and I enjoy the show outside, I have concerns.

IP invasion

Sophistication (not sure this is quite the right word). HOP and American Adventure, are "grown up" shows. IMO, we do kids a disservice when we assume that they are incapable of appreciating a more serious, solemn grown-up type entertainment. The more you remove these experiences, it invites the question to the remaining of "why are these things even here?" Which eventually leads to removal and a loss of the depth and richness of the Disney experience. Muppets, I love them, but they bring an inherent silliness and lack of seriousness. To complement a multi-faceted experience is one thing, but as the entire presentation...

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom