Muppets Now Coming to Disney +

erasure fan1

I thought it was pretty good. It was a good length and each sketch didn't overstay its welcome. I laughed out loud a few times at least each sketch. It was a positive start so hopefully it keeps getting better.

mf1972

swedish chef skit wasn’t bad, but sorry to say this was kind of painful to watch. just wasn’t grabbing me. i’ll watch some more to see how it goes & maybe it’ll change my mind

Fox&Hound

I love the Muppets but this fist episode was just okay for me. Some funny bits but the RuPaul bit was painfully unfunny and most of the jokes across the show fell flat. Optimistic that the next episode will be better.

CJR

I like it, it's going to take a long time to get used to the new Kermit, but it's a good show so far.

Chip Chipperson

I've enjoyed the first two episodes. I've haven't watched the third one yet. I liked the recent ABC Muppets show better, but there have been some good skits so far with some very funny moments.

The Grand Inquisitor

Meh the show has been ok. The Muppet Labs skits have been great and Matt is truly great as Kermit! Other that that this show feels too youtube and modern like for my taste. I still have no idea why Disney just doesn't do the Muppet show like they did at the Hollywood Bowl and O2 back in 2017.

Matt_Black

Meh the show has been ok. The Muppet Labs skits have been great and Matt is truly great as Kermit! Other that that this show feels too youtube and modern like for my taste. I still have no idea why Disney just doesn't do the Muppet show like they did at the Hollywood Bowl and O2 back in 2017.

The thing is, the Muppets have always been contemporary. The reason the original Muppet Show worked is because it used and parodied the variety show format, which was all over the place in the 70s and early 80s. If you were to do that now, yeah, nostalgia would carry it for a while, but then what?

Fox&Hound

I want to love it so much but....I don't know. Muppet Labs with Bunsen and Beaker have been great and I enjoyed the Swedish Chef but some of the other sketches fall flat for me. And like, what is with so few sketches? The first time I saw the Lifesty with Miss Piggy or the cooking segment with Swedish Chef it was like "awesome" and now I'm like, don't they have other ideas? It's like they have four rotating sketches and that is it. Even the same guest stars- Taye Diggs and Linda Cardelli (spelling?). Like, ummmmmmm. Is that it? They need more wth Gonzo and Rizzo, Raplh, the Electric Mayhem, Kermit, new muppets, etc. It's okay, and the muppets are always a joy for me but I find myself looking at my phone and multi-tasking while I watch and that should not be the case.

erasure fan1

I'm trying so hard to get into this show, but I just can't. Like @Fox&Hound pointed out, it's literally the exact same episode over and over again. I'm tired of the same unfunny Miss Piggy and Swedish Chef segments.
With all the awesome muppets out there, it was shocking to see them repeating things so soon. Unfortunately Disney is short on creativity.

Matt_Black

In their defense, the Jim Henson team also had The Dark Crystal series, and the new Earth To Ned coming out. They may be spread a little thin. Buffy Season 6 and Angel Season 4 weren't very good in part because a lot of the staff were also doing Firefly.

lazyboy97o

In their defense, the Jim Henson team also had The Dark Crystal series, and the new Earth To Ned coming out. They may be spread a little thin. Buffy Season 6 and Angel Season 4 weren't very good in part because a lot of the staff were also doing Firefly.
The Jim Henson Company sold the Muppets in 2004. They’re not involved in Disney’s productions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom