Muppets 3-D

hbknewman36

Original Poster
So...I know it's just a "referb", but we have seen the last of the Muppets? I've seen stranger things happen. I really hope it's just my head playing games.
It is an older, outdated attraction. I would hope that this would lead to a updated film or what not. What are your thoughts?

Cmdr_Crimson

So...I know it's just a "referb", but we have seen the last of the Muppets? I've seen stranger things happen. I really hope it's just my head playing games.
It is an older, outdated attraction. I would hope that this would lead to a updated film or what not. What are your thoughts?
The other site is stating renovations with new seating and curtains..At least it's some minor things..It stinks that it's happening when I arrive and it reopens when i transfer over to Universal....😑

hbknewman36

Original Poster
I just hope it's just a referb I would hate to see that this would disappear from DHS. The new seats will definitely be nice lol

Tom P.

With the amount of traffic Hollywood Studios has right now and the fact that they are having to extend hours each day in order to handle the crowds, it would certainly be an odd time to decide to close a high-capacity attraction. If they were looking to close Muppet*Vision 3D, I can't imagine they would do so until at least after Mickey & Miney's Runaway Railway opens and some of the crowds for Rise of the Resistance die down. Plus, as @Cmdr_Crimson said, the current rumor is that they are replacing the seats and the curtains, among other renovations.

So, no, I don't think the Muppets are going away.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
All they are doing is putting in new seats and curtains.
Could it be updated or completely changed? Like everything else yes it could be.
However its classic and generally all generations still know who the muppets are.
Even now they are still relevant and seen daily on TV commercials.
As someone in the thread about the refurb said the plot and jokes are still funny to kids and adults alike.

ColinDLR

On my New Year's trip, they were filling every show all day long. It would be ridiculous for them to even think about closing it right now. It's a lot more relevant after Galaxy's Edge opened up too with hoards of guests just walking by, and not having to go out of their way to find it.

The Grand Inquisitor

This is good news! This means Disney has no plans to remove Muppet Vision 3-D! I personally hope Disney adds more Muppet stuff to the park including the long rumored electric mayhem bus with Dr Teeth and the Electric Mayhem performing.

Purduevian

This is good news! This means Disney has no plans to remove Muppet Vision 3-D! I personally hope Disney adds more Muppet stuff to the park including the long rumored electric mayhem bus with Dr Teeth and the Electric Mayhem performing.

Unfortunately the team in charge of maintenance and refurbishments is quite disconnected from the team that decided if the attraction will stay or not. For instance GMR went for a refurbishment with a new sponsor, new preshow, new narration, updates the queue, new ending film and reopened on May 29th, 2015. Just 2 years and 3 months later, the attraction closed on August 13th 2017. I hope Muppets is here to stay, but the refurbishment does not mean it will be here for even another 3 years.

The Grand Inquisitor

Unfortunately the team in charge of maintenance and refurbishments is quite disconnected from the team that decided if the attraction will stay or not. For instance GMR went for a refurbishment with a new sponsor, new preshow, new narration, updates the queue, new ending film and reopened on May 29th, 2015. Just 2 years and 3 months later, the attraction closed on August 13th 2017. I hope Muppets is here to stay, but the refurbishment does not mean it will be here for even another 3 years.
You are absolutely right. I just hope Muppets remains for a lot longer.

HauntedMansionFLA

I just hope it's just a referb I would hate to see that this would disappear from DHS. The new seats will definitely be nice lol
You just said “I would hope that this would lead to a updated film or what not”. Then you say you would hate to see that this would disappear from DHS???????? 😝😆😂😜🙃🙄😉 Make up your mind 🤣😂😅😆🤣😅😎

HauntedMansionFLA

On my New Year's trip, they were filling every show all day long. It would be ridiculous for them to even think about closing it right now. It's a lot more relevant after Galaxy's Edge opened up too with hoards of guests just walking by, and not having to go out of their way to find it.
Spring Break is right around the corner. Get in tip top shape before the bigger crowds come to the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom