Multiple Resorts-Same Park Tickets ?

tjkref418

On my 8 night trip, my wife and I wanted to stay in a different hotel (WL) than the rest of our trip (YC). I know it seems strange, but we are trying to take advantage of some discounts and the timing of YC is important to get the full benefit...

My question: Is there a way that the park tickets or the KTTW card can be linked across both the one night stay at the WL and the seven night stay at the YC. I know our room keys would likely change, but it seems that, right now, we would be forced to not add on theme park admission the night we are at WL....

Thank you for your input!

Hannah Montana

I'm not sure how, but I know it can be done. A few years back we started out with 2 nights at POFQ and then 5 nights at AKL. I believe our tickets started with the POFQ and then when we moved to AKL we got new room keys but kept the same tickets. I also know we didn't do the dining plan that trip. Sorry not much help on the details, but I know we've done it before...

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Providing that you are not on the DDP it will be easy. You will have to do 2 separate reservations. Your first will be a package with the full length tickets and your second will be a room only. When you check into the second resort they should be able to transfer your tickets from your first reservations to your new KTTW cards.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

Just to be Devil's Advocate, how important is it, really, to go to a park your first night on property? Especially since if I understand your post correctly, in your dream scenario you're only spending one night in WL. Why not just spend that time at the resort? Rent a boat, enjoy the pools, have dinner at Artist Point for romance or Whispering Canyon for fun, enjoy the water parade when it comes? There are also buses/boats/walking paths to Fort Wilderness if you'd rather eat there, or perhaps enjoy the campfire singalong and outdoor movie theater?

The other thing I'd suggest is that it'd probably be easier to add a day to your park tickets once you're at YC and get your 7-day pass. Any chance you can add WL to the end of your trip?

Just spitballing here...

Upvote 0

tjkref418

Original Poster
Providing that you are not on the DDP it will be easy. You will have to do 2 separate reservations. Your first will be a package with the full length tickets and your second will be a room only. When you check into the second resort they should be able to transfer your tickets from your first reservations to your new KTTW cards.

Thanks for the tip, no we are not on the DDP.

Upvote 0

tjkref418

Original Poster
Just to be Devil's Advocate, how important is it, really, to go to a park your first night on property? Especially since if I understand your post correctly, in your dream scenario you're only spending one night in WL. Why not just spend that time at the resort? Rent a boat, enjoy the pools, have dinner at Artist Point for romance or Whispering Canyon for fun, enjoy the water parade when it comes? There are also buses/boats/walking paths to Fort Wilderness if you'd rather eat there, or perhaps enjoy the campfire singalong and outdoor movie theater?

The other thing I'd suggest is that it'd probably be easier to add a day to your park tickets once you're at YC and get your 7-day pass. Any chance you can add WL to the end of your trip?

Just spitballing here...

You are right, one of the options I came up with was just to avoid parks on the first day (and I may actually still do that to keep things easier). Like you said there is certainly plenty to do!

Unfortunately, we are leaving on a Sunday (wife goes back to work that Monday..(she is a school teacher), and the discount window for the room started the day we begin at the YC.

To be honest, I could just tack on the first day at the YC and avoid the hassle of moving, but I thought I would take the opportunity to experience another hotel.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

To be honest, I could just tack on the first day at the YC and avoid the hassle of moving, but I thought I would take the opportunity to experience another hotel.

Then I'd definitely consider just experiencing the hotel. You have 7 days to look around the Yacht Club, as well as all the other Epcot resorts. Use the one night to enjoy WL. Worst case scenario: You check in, you look around, you decide WL really isn't your bag, you hop on a bus to DTD, or a boat to the Contemporary or MK, then explore the monorail resorts.

Were I in your shoes, I'd also seriously consider a savannah room at AK for that one night. Dinner ressies at Boma, or do dinner at Sanaa or Jiko, then breakfast the next morning before you check out at Boma. Enjoy the view and their pools.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom