Multiple accounts for MDE, how do I know which account??

Dory71

Original Poster
We have a family trip planned for December and it is getting close to booking Fastpasses and I am getting nervous. My daughter has 2 accounts showing up with the same icon (Donald Duck), my brother in law also has 2 accounts (Kemit & Darth). I have told them to link their tickets but how do I know which icon(account) has the tickets linked to it? I am hoping to get them booked without having to call Guest Services again. 1st call to Guest Services said it didn't matter but the more I think about it, I think it would matter. Thoughts???

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
We have a family trip planned for December and it is getting close to booking Fastpasses and I am getting nervous. My daughter has 2 accounts showing up with the same icon (Donald Duck), my brother in law also has 2 accounts (Kemit & Darth). I have told them to link their tickets but how do I know which icon(account) has the tickets linked to it? I am hoping to get them booked without having to call Guest Services again. 1st call to Guest Services said it didn't matter but the more I think about it, I think it would matter. Thoughts???

My Disney Experience,MagicBands and FastPass+
(407) 939-4357
0800 16 90 749 (UK)
1800 812 677 (IE)

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Yes, fastpasses are associated to individual profiles, so if you want centralized experience management, you need to know which to link. Profiles can have multiple associated admission entitlements applied (ie Magic Bands, Cards) but are not interchangable with each other. Your dining plans can have you plus X amount of others which dont necessarily have to have profiles.

Rob562

As suggested, for simplicity now and down the road, definitely call and have the duplicate profiles merged. If any of the other people on your trip have their own accounts, make sure you have the email addresses they use for their account handy.

You wouldn't have to worry about not being able to make FastPasses, since only accounts with linked tickets would be able to make FP+ choices. The other "copies" of the profiles would simply show up as not being able to make FP+ because they don't have tickets. However, you may run into an issue where the tickets are associated with one profile, and the hotel is associated with the other, and thus MagicBands would be a mess. So definitely call.

-Rob

Dory71

Original Poster
As suggested, for simplicity now and down the road, definitely call and have the duplicate profiles merged. If any of the other people on your trip have their own accounts, make sure you have the email addresses they use for their account handy.

You wouldn't have to worry about not being able to make FastPasses, since only accounts with linked tickets would be able to make FP+ choices. The other "copies" of the profiles would simply show up as not being able to make FP+ because they don't have tickets. However, you may run into an issue where the tickets are associated with one profile, and the hotel is associated with the other, and thus MagicBands would be a mess. So definitely call.

-Rob
Thanks! This is exactly what I was afraid of. (Tickets are associated with the profile that is not associated with the reservation)
This My Disney Experience really isn't as user friendly as they like to make it out to be.

MRGEFF

Thanks! This is exactly what I was afraid of. (Tickets are associated with the profile that is not associated with the reservation)
This My Disney Experience really isn't as user friendly as they like to make it out to be.
HERE! HERE ! I think instead of improving and simplifying things they get more complicated. We are having issues too and are getting rather frustrated.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Well, yes, it is, unless you have multiple accounts. How did they end up with 2?

Dory71

Original Poster
Well, yes, it is, unless you have multiple accounts. How did they end up with 2?
My brother in law must have created a new account with a different email address. He had his children on his MDE account and his wife had them on her MDE account too. I originally linked the reservation to his old MDE account but his ticket was linked to his new account. After about 40 minutes on the phone everything was corrected. Glad it was taken care of before my 60 day window open up.

Dory71

Original Poster
HERE! HERE ! I think instead of improving and simplifying things they get more complicated. We are having issues too and are getting rather frustrated.
Call the number above in the post. They were very helpful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom