MSEP will stay past Nightastic

bgraham34

I don't think that many people would book their trips based solely to see Spectro. Admittedly some people did to see MSEP again, but that's because it was new and different. As long as MK has a nighttime parade on the nights they have listed, I don't think your average guest would really know the difference between Spectro and MSEP. They just see pretty lights and floats.

And we all know how accurate the "official" schedule is.

Personally I would not book a special trip just to see Spectro one last time but I would just to see the Electrical Parade, not this year but next year i hope too.

mpaul32001

I hope it stays. I'd rather work with MSEP every night then Spectro. The song is so much catchier! And you don't know how many little girls get all excited when I tell them Tinkerbell is in the parade.

DebS

I'm looking forward to seeing a new and improved MSEP and do hope it sticks around for a year. It's a refreshing change from Spectro.

Neverland

I hope it stays. I'd rather work with MSEP every night then Spectro. The song is so much catchier! And you don't know how many little girls get all excited when I tell them Tinkerbell is in the parade.

I rarely get to see the parade at work (I'm back in Fantasyland), but when I do see it, it's so much fun! :D You can't help dancing to that song! (And I miss Wishes every night a lot more than I miss Spectro. :()

The_Designer

I just need to voice my opinion on this because this news is actually depressing me. Anytime I book my trip to WDW most of my planning is based around the nights that Spectro will be showing. When I first heard that MSEP was returning for SN, I was hoping that it would be only a limited engagement. True, the logic of moving a parade across country for only a few summer months makes very little sense.

But I hope that on Aug. 15th, Spectro makes it's return. I understand many of you who live or work in that area think that MSEP is a great change. However, I have seen both parades and to me Spectro has a certain elegance to it that fits the MK so much better that MSEP does.

For Spectro I would find a spot on MSUSA over an hour in advance then hang out and watch Wishes. If the MSEP does stay behind it's run, I will be enjoying the rest of the park and staying away from the parade as much as possible.

I'm not saying anything bad about the parade itself, it just doesn't hold the same magic for me that makes me want to sit and watch more than once.

drew81

I have a friend who has known one of the entertainment managers at WDW for many years. So, I asked her to ask that CM about the MSEP and she did. She was told that he of course isn't supposed to talk about such things, but...as summer ends, Disney will announce that due to popular demand that the MSEP will be sticking around for another year.

I trust this source or else I would have never posted this info on this board. I can't imagine a worse place to post faulty info from less than reliable sources. lol

If true, many of the cast won't be happy about this. MSEP is hurting many performers.

heliumalias

Spectro trumps MSEP in terms of overall quality. For many kids MSEP lacks any relevance. I can't tell you the number of "Who's that"s I've heard when Pete's Dragon comes along and a lots of people can't tell that the donkeys from Pinocchio are donkeys and not horses or something. There's no Donald or Pluto at all during the parade and everyone I know that saw both during the transition said they preferred Spectro. We're all really hoping it returns in August.

Birdflu

Im pretty new here... can someone fill me in on the MSEP acryonm... I get confused, sorry!

actually it is an initialism, an acronym spells something out in a pronounceable way like s.t.a.r. or "radar" etc..
i am not so new here and i am totally with you, i get tired of all the initialisms, not a day goes by where there are at least 2 or so forum posts where i had no idea what the person is talking about because of all the code. ("main st electrical parade" would be annoying to type out again and again, though, on the other hand)

PlutoInOrlando

In the Parks
Yes
I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm guessing the MSEP will be at the MK for at least a year, possibly two.

Now that WOC (World of Color) has finally opened at DCA - the park can't handle a night time parade.
WOC is proving to be very popular so far (the park is staying open later than ever before and there is a third show scheduled nightly). With that said, the parade route runs right along the pier area for WOC (which is where the audience stands to view) and with three shows nightly (having to move the crowd in and out very quickly) there just isn't any room to have a night time parade.
Until the crowds die down for WOC - I'd expect the MSEP to stay in FL for a good while. And if the "Summer Nightastic" promotion keeps on rolling, you better bet they will continue it in some new shape or form for the rest of the year (they've are already extended the hours for the MK several times due to large crowds).

Who knows, maybe they might run one parade a couple nights a week, and run the other on the other nights (wishful thinking - I know! :hammer:)

And maybe it's time for those "kids" to be introduced to these characters... Alot of "classic" Disney is being overlooked now-a-days!

devoy1701

I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm guessing the MSEP will be at the MK for at least a year, possibly two.

Now that WOC (World of Color) has finally opened at DCA - the park can't handle a night time parade.
WOC is proving to be very popular so far (the park is staying open later than ever before and there is a third show scheduled nightly). With that said, the parade route runs right along the pier area for WOC (which is where the audience stands to view) and with three shows nightly (having to move the crowd in and out very quickly) there just isn't any room to have a night time parade.
Until the crowds die down for WOC - I'd expect the MSEP to stay in FL for a good while. And if the "Summer Nightastic" promotion keeps on rolling, you better bet they will continue it in some new shape or form for the rest of the year (they've are already extended the hours for the MK several times due to large crowds).

Who knows, maybe they might run one parade a couple nights a week, and run the other on the other nights (wishful thinking - I know! :hammer:)

And maybe it's time for those "kids" to be introduced to these characters... Alot of "classic" Disney is being overlooked now-a-days!

It was suggested that MSEP wouldn't return to DCA after it's run in MK but actually go to DL. But I agree, with World of Color being more than enough nighttime entertainment ATM.

Details, please. :)

I'm just guessing, but I assume what they mean is that MSEP requires less performers than Spectro does.

Msep

I have no issue one way or the other. I get to see it this summer right before Disney tell everyone what they are going to do with it next. My wife on the other hand might not like it if it stay around for awhile. We our taking a extra trip this year in August for the main reason to see MSEP. She will a only really care it stay into Oct when we return again.

devoy1701

I have no issue one way or the other. I get to see it this summer right before Disney tell everyone what they are going to do with it next. My wife on the other hand might not like it if it stay around for awhile. We our taking a extra trip this year in August for the main reason to see MSEP. She will a only really care it stay into Oct when we return again.

in that case, make it a point to see Boo To You during your October trip! That one is my 2nd favorite right behind MSEP! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom